Lotting Priority

Fodder said:
The one job change thing has been around forever.

Good to know... >_>

i never heard bout 1 job change thing til today :x

I never heard a damn word about the one job change rule either, until this thread. I think its completely stupid, btw. Obviously, job changes shouldnt be abused to get every item EVAR, but i think a limit on the number of job changes is completely ridiculous. Hell, ive got plans to level WAR, SAM, PLD, eventually.. maybe a mage job too... does that mean that i wont be able to change my main from bst after im done with it? I certainly hope not, thats ridiculous. lol. And uh.. havent some people already changed mains more than once? >_>

Maybe we could like.. have a rule, where after you officially change mains, you have to wait a month before switching to another job as your main? Something like that makes a whole lot more sense than only allowing 2 "main" jobs for each person.

I don't know why people have a problem with this. Some things are really hard to get, if you have the luck to already have finished gearing up a job, i feel that others should also get that chance, but at the same time it would be bad to completely limit people to one job only, because everyone ends up leveling another job sooner or later.

That rule gives everyone better odds at getting what they want, while not completely restricting those who are lucky enough to have their 1st job decked out from decking out a 2nd job.

Who knows, maybe in 6 months everyone's mains will be decked out, and most of their 2nd mains will also be, that rule could be changed to 2 main switch at some point.

Problem is, not everyone will want to COMPLETELY 'deck out' a certain job; for me, BLM is more or less done. Sure, I'd love some AF2 or even a Dalmatica to form a MP-heavy refresh-set, but I'm not going to never change mains just because there's another HQ staff or elemental obi for me to get. If the rule was designed so that people don't abuse the main-lotting rules (which, obviously, it was) I don't see how an idea like Mikejones suggested would be bad (other than its a change to what we have currently and we seem to resist that around here ^^; ) Its hard to simply change mains to get a key item and then switch again if you have to wait a month to do so... At the same time, you arent forcing someone to get EVERY IMAGINABLE ITEM to start getting gear for another job.

And yeah, as MJ stated, a few unnoted people have already changed mains multiple times and haven't been corrected... Few of them garnering high-value items. Nobody had a problem with it then, and as long as nobody is abusing the system, I don't know why they should in the future.

To play Devil's Advocate here and go somewhere along the lines of Shrikey.

Say someone has levelled up War. They have obtained every concievable item we provide to a War, full E. Set, SH, Osode, Ridill, etc & they were fortunate enough to beat out others on the lots to get these items in short order.

They then switch their main job to Smn and obtain all the items we provide to Smn and are able to beat out other Smn in the LS who have been a Smn primary far longer than them.

They switch to Rng and are able to get the items we offer here.

They could effectively switch jobs as they met their entire equipment needs and while not 'cutting ahead' of people in the new primary they switch to they would be on equal footing with them.

To name some rare items that are distributed among various jobs would it be fair for someone with every concievable item for 3 different jobs to outlot someone who had only been on 1 primary job for over a year and not recieved any of the rare items for that job? You could feasibly have someone with E. Body, M. Body, A. Body and an Osode beat out someone for W. Body because they recently changed their main when the 2nd person may have been trying to win this item since joining the linkshell.

This is obviously an extreme example but I think it still pans out. I don't consider myself an overly greedy player, all of us have our wishlists, and I have no issues with any of the current LS rules and happily abide by them, but I will be honest and say that if I was beaten on M. Body after the amount of time mentioned above by anyone who had outfitted multiple other jobs beforehand with the rarest items for that job that I would be pretty upset and I think many people in the shell would be if put in a similiar situation.

Edit for Jotaru's recent Post: I actually don't think anyone has yet changed jobs more than 1 time that I am aware of. Also remember that not being a primary w/e does not disclude you from getting items for that job. For instance if all the Pld in the linkshell have M. Body and we dropped another one that no War needed then those with Pld at a high enough level would be allowed to lot on it. Many items currently have been going to people's secondary jobs while they have never in fact changed their primary job.

Was talkin to MJ the other day, and this also opens up its own vague (and probably never used loophole, but a loophole nonetheless, the kind of thing we are trying to avoid) in which if someone is levelling a job that is at the end of the lotting order for all their items (i.e. BST... dammit ><) The person could in effect never change mains, get all the gear for their first job, while still getting the equip for their secondary job that they would otherwise change main to... If a person is going to be at the end of the lotting order anyway, why change, right? This would sorta cause a 2-main type situation... Don't think it would ever be a problem, but was something I thought of spur of the moment and wanted to reflect on.

Yeah jotaru, but the only thing would be that everyone ahead of you would already have gotten the item.
war/drk/bst in example. All wars and darks as well as MAIN bsts would have already been equipped. Switching a main would of course only put you at equal level with the other bsts, but you see what i mean.

It all really comes down to common courteousy. We're a family, and we can all handle things maturely here.

Back