Lotting Priority

Mikejones

Over the last few months, ive been getting increasingly annoyed at the lotting priority during god runs. Some older members of the ls, myself included, have been waiting for months, and months, to lot on certain items, only to watch a new member, who just finished their month probation win by default because of their main job. EX: New brd/mnk will get Sune-Ate before a RNG who has been in the ls for 6 months. Same with W. Legs, a new pld, just over their one month probation will get it before an older RDM/RNG/whatever job can wear it. Same goes for Haidate. I've helped with god pops countless times, only to watch all the items that I've been waiting to lot on go to new people. I'm sure im not the only person whos been getting annoyed at this, as I've talked to a few people about it, and they agreed with me (not going to name names). We have an order for Osode, why not make an order for the other pieces of god equipment? I feel that contribution to the ls should play a role in the lotting priority for these items too. It seems like you have to lvl PLD to 75 to get crimson cuisses, and MNK to 75 to get Sune-Ate and Haidate. What if a Ridill drops from Fafnir, and a WAR whos been with us for a year loses the lot to a WAR who just joined a month ago? How is that right, or fair in any way? It isnt. The rules are in need of a change.

For me, I personally wouldn't even feel right lotting on something if there were others who have been here 1 year or more and needed an item, even if it weren't for their main.

That being said, when does it stop? Everyone is going to continue levelling alternate jobs and needing more stuff. If seniority always wins over non-seniority new members will basically never get anything because people with secondary or tertiary jobs will need something. Then items will get caught in an endless cycle of getting sent to senior members, while new members are the ones who end up going to pops for months on end and literally never getting anything.

To really solve this fairly, you need an honest to god points system. And I thought everyone was really against that.

The best solution, IMO, is to ask people show a little common courtesy. Like myself winning the N. Hands tonight, I wouldn't dare have lotted if I knew anyone else needed it or even wanted it. Ideally others would do the same, although I know that's not exactly a realistic expectation, so I'm not sure if there's a solution other than a bon a fide point system that would solve the problem you mention.

Well its always a double edged sword their, you spend a lot of you time to get to the senority status, but you dont want all the senorities to hoard the items for themselves, then only the senior members would be tricked out. Maybe senority should at least give you the option of lotting with another person who is higher up on the aqcuisition list.

Say you post on the wish list you want the haidate, then when it comes up you can at least lot on it if say a new person is lotting on it.

But then, whats the definition of someone who is new? fresh out of probation? one month after? two months?

I also think the common courtesy is a good thing, If Gar and say preda were trying for the hrotti (dunno is nin can use) but anyway if Gar asks nicely enough if he can have it, Im sure preda, or any person in the ls at that would pass it to him.

Same the other way around, Before Gar lotted on sieryu kote's he asked if anyone wanted it, what goes around comes around, we all gotta play nice.

like I said, double edged sword.

well, for one thing, I'd be interested to the particular solution you suggest for this perceived problem.... it's easy to demand change but without anything better to change to, it's just so much ranting and raving

but there is actually something being done to temper this in a way - that's the restriction on new members. We're almost completely closed at this point, from what I can tell, so the end is in sight for these items.

annnnyways I'm not so convinced that this is a big problem y'know? the job order lotting is designed with the welfare of the LS as a whole in mind. No matter how you parse your words, the only thing a non-MNK is gonna do with Suneate(for example) is goofing around - yes I know about holy bolts, and yes I heard something vague about BRD and elemental resists that didn't make any sense from when Phal wanted this stuff. There was a stronger argument for Haidate for RNG pre-patch when they did such unmitigatedly strong damage that they were often forced to blink tank involuntarily... but anyways although I can understand the desire to get "stuff" and feel tangible results of your participation, I really think it would be absurd for even a veteran ranger to get Haidate to put on his mannequin before a NIN who really needs that decrease in utsu recast to fulfill the role of his main job at LS events.

-benny

Well benny is the item list in the order it is for the benefit of the LS as a whole? or the benefit of specific players in xp parties?

I have haidate and MJ pointed this out, I only use em for xp parties or god pops. During any HNM i use my RSE for the mind I dont touch the haidate, but a rng might use it for HNM, idk rng but theyd have more use for it....

And not just on mnks, but on a lot of classes, idk maybe we should open discussions on specific items and take a vote to see who would be first second third on the list

Last edited:
Don't forget that a lot of the HNM-end-game-items ARE used purely for fun/nonHNM/show off purposes, whether we want to believe it or not :p

Jotaru said:
Don't forget that a lot of the HNM-end-game-items ARE used purely for fun/nonHNM/show off purposes, whether we want to believe it or not :p

o_O data? The only one I can think of that's of no real use to anyone is Genbu Shield. K pole and Suneate are both top of the line Chi gear for MNK, Genbu Kabuto is the best helm for Steel Cyclone modifier, etc etc. most items have their place... which is what I was trying to get at... lotting an item for play over someone who can make real use of it just doesn't make sense to me.

-benny

You know I got to thinking about it, and the solution to this problem is already integrated as part of our current system. If there's an item you really want, just change your main job. Then you're at the top of the lotting priority.

Kalia said:
You know I got to thinking about it, and the solution to this problem is already integrated as part of our current system. If there's an item you really want, just change your main job. Then you're at the top of the lotting priority.

I've thought about that... I'm war main right now... the only reason I'd want to change to whm main is to get the abju's and thats it.

I just dont want to change to whm say friday, get the abju's sat, then change back sunday...

Doesn't seem right, which is why I'm just going to wait till no one needs mage abjus.

I only want the Head hands and pants so I can sell back other items and recoup some money.

Just my 2 cents

I do agree about a job that has better use of a drop should get priority, but I also believe that it's unfair for a person who has been in this LS for some time, patiently waited while everyone ahead of them received the item, and then a new person cuts in front of them and takes the item. That's just not fair.

I believe Faye had the best solution for certain drops: have a list of who wants what drops, and then open lot it (with SHs having final say on who can lot).

I would have lists for the following items: Kirin's Osode, W legs, Ridill.

...and this would only be based on their rarity.

With the new members that will be voted in the next few months to replace people who have left, this issue will come up again (Ex: Gunman recently changed main to PLD and needs w legs)...and I have no doubt in my mind that common courtesy will not be a solution.

I also think that there should be at least a 2 month waiting period for a person changing jobs. (Ex: Change from BLM->WHM at the beginning of June, can't change from WHM->??? until August)

You can change lotting jobs once, and only once, in this LS. This is to prevent abuse of changing jobs.

<_<

I may be mistaken, please forgive me if I am, as I'm not meaning to point fingers, but havent a few people already changed jobs a few times? Fod, I can PM you if you'd rather <_<

Also, what if you level a job (like bst for me now) and then months and months later another job (I plan for this LS to go far, and long, and remain here...) will this rule be modified later to accomodate eventual third, fourth, maybe fifth jobs?

Agreed with MJ

What if you have like 5 jobs at Lv. 75, and you get _everything_ for one job, then _everything_ for anohter job?

Ok lets make a list of all the "rare" items we need to have a order for. This is just what Im thinking, rough draft:

A. Body
Byakko's Haidate
Genbu's Kabuto
Ridill
Seiryu’s Kote
Suzaku’s Sune-ate
W. Legs

Its not many items

I've actually always kind of liked the way Nakama handles lotting, where people can lot for any of their high level jobs... All our members with multiple jobs use them all in LS events at some point, just look at Fulio and Aqua and Chim and Trew. I haven't really said anything before because I always thought they could just get all the items they need eventually through main job change but uh, only being able to change once ever makes things a bit different. I never knew about that

It's something to think about at least

-benny

aggree with benny. this also motivate them to lvl more job to 75 and faster.
dont get me wrong.. i have nothing i want. and i have pretty much everything. just more fair this way for people that spend time lvling to 75

Back