Servers Sort of Up

You're more confident than me, Aang. I get the feeling we'll have the spottiest of accesses for the first week, and especially on the weekend (Labor Day weekend here in the States).

As Val says, I don't really have the desire to stare at my electronics waiting for stuff to work anymore. I'll check a couple times a day to see if I can get on. If stuff is working by the end of the free period, I'll pay. If not, I'll wait til it is working. But I will definitely be playing at some point!

I certainly hope they fix it. I enjoyed the questing elements so far and even though low level I haven't felt like anything is a grind, especially compared to how XI could feel at times though time will tell.

I certainly hope they fix it. I enjoyed the questing elements so far and even though low level I haven't felt like anything is a grind, especially compared to how XI could feel at times though time will tell.

Exp requirements go up, but the quests adjust accordingly. I made 15,000 exp in about 6 minutes between a FATE and finishing 2 quests near by.
There is still a fair amount of running around, but if you can make yourself rich, there's always the teleport system. :) Rental chocos are 80 gil/10 min, so not too bad. Boats are 200 gil and telports can get pricey ~300-500 gil or so.

:)

They're actually imposing tighter restrictions, now. I have no choice but to stay logged in like the other squatters.

I don't pay electricity here (room mate does) so out of respect I have to shut down lol. But I totally expect emergency maintenance tomorrow.

I don't pay electricity here (room mate does) so out of respect I have to shut down lol. But I totally expect emergency maintenance tomorrow.

It will implode and the tirade on the SE forums will grow tenfold. Anything else would be short of a true miracle.

I'm resolved to still play, but I'm afraid we'll lose a lot of people from our server. (hopefully none of our key members of either Ultima or Nakama in this case...)

Here's one positive point about SE....

The one thing that they got right: Update/Game Data distribution. Every PC that I've updated for the game, did so successfully and in a timely fashion.

Those people having problems with the launcher in general, probably have other issues to fix. All of mine worked fine on the first go.....

Those that drop out of the game completely now, we probably didn't want them here anyway. :bag:

Here's one positive point about SE....

The one thing that they got right: Update/Game Data distribution. Every PC that I've updated for the game, did so successfully and in a timely fashion.

Those people having problems with the launcher in general, probably have other issues to fix. All of mine worked fine on the first go.....

Those that drop out of the game completely now, we probably didn't want them here anyway. :bag:

Yep agreed. Myself, I have few complaints. Server issues can be fixed, and I'm very patient.

It may be a rocky start, but once everything is resolved we'll see little down time. How much down time did we see with FFXI?

Yep agreed. Myself, I have few complaints. Server issues can be fixed, and I'm very patient.

It may be a rocky start, but once everything is resolved we'll see little down time. How much down time did we see with FFXI?

When there was problems, they were usually big and their update system was horrible. Still is!

So now, update system: great! World capacity: sucks!

Back