FF14

Open Beta starts 8/31 at 5 pm PST. Not sure when the Open Beta ends.

Collectors Edition (with the weeks head start) Game starts 9/22 and the Retail/Standard Edition starts 9/30.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be release? at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
; ;

Much cry on the postponement...I wonder when they'll fix the "critical error". Can't even download the beta program to atleast get updated...What world you current beta folks playin around on? Would be nice to get folks together =)

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 1!

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT).

Starting on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!
And it's back on!

We'll see if it works. lol

cooool...I'll be dling it on the new system 2day

I just wish I was lucky enough to have gotten in on the download for the game prior to it being pulled...I bet if I do get in on the beta I'll be spending most of the weekend downloading and updating ._. this kitty has fingers and tail crossed! heh Also of note...ff14news.com has a server status page which shows that the Shadowlord server has apparently been online for the last 12 hours...the lobby server has been up for 16...maybe some folks are getting to play already? I was lookin at their status page for the server names and was leaning towards Shadowlord or Sephiroth but also like Golbez(He was a cool boss afterall)...but it would be cool to know where folks are planning to go =)

Geez did they not think ahead...getting so tired of getting time outs trying to connect....I was at the agreement too then it all screwed up again =( Though an update has appeared that I hope is true... Server names!
Server names for Open Beta:

• Besaid – initial town in FFX
  • Cornelia – initial town in the original FF
  • Figaro – Edgar’s castle from FF6
  • Gysahl – a town from FF3
  • Istory – a town from FF5
  • Kashuan – an enemy castle from FF2
  • Lindblum – castle from FF9
  • Mysidia – A town in FF4
  • Trabia – a region in FF8
  • Wutai – a small village in FF7
I like Mysidia! Can someone confirm?(Edit:This is supposedly confirmed by posters at ff14news.com so...hopefully...hehe)

Also..I call BS on the maintenance screen that I see about 1/4 of the time as opposed to time out errors....

Server Error due to congestion lol...looks like I'm done for the evening

I think tonight is gonna be a very long night for me....I just know if I wait till I get home tomorrow it'll all be full....and I'd like to get some experience in before I get the game itself at the end of the month...bah!

Server error is the only thing I get now...I hate this ._. Still trying though....heh

Just got my code as well....gotta download and update so I'm not gonna be on for awhile yet -.- I'm leaning toward Mysidia just cause that was a cool town in FF4 =p But I'll go wherever folks are gonna hang out!

Back