FF14

Not accepting anymore applicants at this time.. f my life lol... Work > FF .. didn't want to be a Zombie.. guess I'll wait until it's open again or at the end of the month

I think I'm the only one who's posted anything specific so far between this thread and the one in the members area =o Try again Val! Don't give up yet! Ugh I want the updating download crap to be done x.x I need to confirm my lappy can handle the game well enough before the end of the month hits so I can be prepared if I need to upgrade anything! >.<

The good news: Mysidia seems popular enough that there'll be people!
The bad news: Either the beta servers are scaled back, or it's too crowded already. lol (800 on the login queue for Gridania... woo.... (._.;)

Finally got things installed...not using the beta installer itself for downloads....So just gotta select a world...And either the char gen is slow or I def need a few upgrades...lol but oh the love of creating a char for this game *eyes all sparkly with glee* Well I think I'll go with Mysidia myself for now....can have up to 3 chars for the beta per the manual so...can always switch around =)

*Edit: If you pop into Mysidia, look me up, Chame Frostwhisper =) And I see they have a few more worlds then what was shown on the site I use for info...Selbina server...hehe As of the selection list it's Mysidia, Figaro, Lindbulm and Cornelia that show up with 2 Choco's for me right now...much fun hopefully!

I tried agian before I went to bed at about 12-1am est, and again at 6:15am this morn. App. for the beta still suspended or I get the Error due to Congestion page.. weee lol... I'm also tryin' to see if my comp can handle the game.. (it should I just built it grrr...) but we shall see.. I'm patient.. I'll keep tryin' and maybe next week I'll get it lol.

**Update**

Just tried again from work.. I got through and got the email for a registration code. I guess I'm on my way~

Yeah valg, seems to be working great this morning!

H2010.08.30.2000.patch did take its sweet damn time to install. Their Installer is pewpz imo but everything else works fine here

friggin' pewpz indeed..in fact I think it locked up on me lol...

**UPDATE**

25hrs until it's finished DLin'.... awesome lloll

Last edited:
If you guys are having issues with the official installer there is a way around it...which I did...downloading all the patches seperately and slapping em in the right folders...saves tons of time compared to that slow arse installer...here's a link for yas if you want to use it: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megauploadutorrent-links-install-instructions/ The thread maker is using Archain as a forum name...I wonder if that's our former kitty...though the pic in the sig has a diff char name from Valefor...hrmm...anyways best of luck! There is lag from servers being rather full.... http://www.ff14news.com/ tend to have good updates and info...how I got wind of the alternate toDLing the patches through the installer

As I said before, I'm Chame Frostwhisper on Mysidia, haven;t seen anyone else post anything about their char name or server

Balls Mcgee! j/k

-ara

Thanks Chame... I'm going to go this route... it's takin' me 7mins to DL one of those patches via Megaupload as opposed to the awesome 702kb/s w/2 connections using the FFXIV downloader

**UPDATE**

Done!

Last edited:
Yay! Hope everyone enjoys the beta...I installed it on my roomies{not yet paid off} comp which is pretty much just above min specs like my lappy but has a better graphics card(just by a smidge, but omg 1024 mb vid vs 512mb vid..) And it plays much better....gotta take my lappy in this week and see if I can get some upgrades done heh...seems to be more video driven then anything ofcourse...Hope you enjoy yourself Val! Word of warning, Software mouse only so if you play mouse+_kb, you're gona have delays, gamepad works better, but I'm used to playing 11 on the PS2/3 so controls are roughly the same anyways. I do hope they fix up the glitches that are still in game before release...Maybe I'll see a few more folks on Mysidia eh? =P <3

Yeah about the gamepad. You can also modify the controls to however you like. Seems you can now do that on keyboard as well, as I saw when I peered into config options.

As for updating, utorrent works a lot better than the default updater.

Mysidia wasn't an option when I was choosin' my world =(

It might have been down for a bit. They've been doing frequent maintenance. We're talking daily. While annoying, I appreciate they're prepping hard core. That said, I'm loving this game thusfar.

The Good:

• You change job just by changing weapon type. That's it! Equip a staff, you're a mage. Throw on a pole arm, you're a lancer. Job change on the fly is SWEET! I run around chopping trees, see some poor schmuck dying, slap on Conjurer real quick, heal him then go back to chopping my happy little tree.
  • Crafters/Gatherers are jobs in and of themselves. You get class and physical EXP just for making or gathering things!. I got level 8 chopping a tree. Level 9 spinning some yarn. Cool!
  • You can customize your chars stats. For every physical level, you get points you can alot how you choose. VERY nice.
  • Crafting is not painful anymore. No more thousands of breaks for a measly 0.2. You get points consistently every time, even if you fail. The difference is how much you get. For example with my weaver, I try to make some cloth. If I fail, I get 50 cloth points only. If I succeed, I get 400 cloth points and like 1,000 phys exp. Holy crap!
  • Gathering is not painful anymore either. You don't compete with others for mining/harvesting/logging points. Everyone can use it. Just each of you is limited to 4 or 5 harvests. Then if you try again it says you can't. So go find another. Seems you can come back to that one after maybe 5/10 minutes if you REALLY want.

The Bad:

• Keyboard controls are clunky even with customization. Certain keys you can't change function (like arrow keys. I wanna use em for camera like FFXI WAHHH!). It also seems to partially reset every login. The config is saved, you just have to resave it to make it take effect. I really hope that's just a beta bug.
  • Social controls are also rather clunky. Have to click like 4 things just to see your friend list. Yes you have to type full first and last name of someone to send a tell. Changing chatmode doesn't seem to have any shortcuts yet like "ctrl+P" to speak in party.
  • Chat filtering also needs some work. Need to be able to make new chat tabs. Only "General" and "Battle" at the moment. Doesn't seem to let me make more. Can turn some things on or off, but what if you want a temp filter? Like in FFXI you could use num pad + and sift thru the different types of chat. Also if you resize chat window, it goes back to default next time you log in. Could be more beta bugs/limitations.

The Weird:

• Why do all the voice actors have British accents?
  • What's the point of the vertical bar level on mining or tree? Seems to give the same stuff anyway, and what really matters is the chop/dig meter after.
  • What's the purpose of the like, 10 market wards in each town? Everyone just uses the first.

Last edited:
Yeah I felt customizin' the keyboard was limited at best. Was soooo use to the compact keyboard in FFIX, I would have liked for that to come back to at least give me a startin' point to work from. My only gripe is that I don't have time to play much.. so everything I do play, there's a maint. or I have to download another patch lol.. so it seems I'm dlin' or waiting, cuz the dler sux, for patches 90% of the time lol.

Yeah, the biggest gripe is downloads kinda sucking. The link Chame gave was fantastic. Just to reiterate...
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-download-links-install-instructions/

That's how I've gotten the past day or two's patches. Just doesn't have today's yet (D2010.09.05.2000) but I'm sure it will soon. I'm trying to D/L it as we speak. 94.6%. If I get it I'll try to post here somewhere so you can get it quicker.

EDIT: Why do I even bother? They've already got it up. :D
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/1271...uctions/page__st__1480__p__286848#entry286848

Last edited:
Back