Chocobo Raising Notes

Sassafras said:
He will send you to La Theine Plateau, at E-5 there will be Chocobo Trails, press them for a short cutscene, then make your way back to Brutus. He will inform you that the VCS is having a meeting, and you're invited. Head to Southern San d'Oria and talk to Hantileon in the stables. Head back to Upper Jeuno once more to talk to Brutus, he will say return later (one vana'diel game day). He will then inform you that you're now allowed to raise chocobo, and give you an egg to start off with.
I've just done that part, after the update, to make a new chocobo, lol. The old one didn't care at all about me (guess it was mutual ^^;), was yellow, and was always losing at chocobo's race... Anyway, Rufus gave me a Chocobo Egg without having to wait an hour.

And, do you actually HAVE TO feed him to enhance his stats? I really hope this update made a good boost in Chocobo raising, this thing is boring as hell.

Edit: When I retired my chocobo (you have a little sad CS. /cry), I got two items: a http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8791
VCS Registration Card and a http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8762Yellow VCS Plaque.

Last edited:
Snuggle's green choco

O.O Green is in there already!

pol2006-10-2411-29-22-94.jpg

you know im starting to think feeding them a certain kind of food makes them a certain color? cuz i fed mine nothing but carrotpaste and it was quested egg.

you know im starting to think feeding them a certain kind of food makes them a certain color? cuz i fed mine nothing but carrotpaste and it was quested egg.

Not really, there is random in dat files apparently.

Questions about your choco.
Name?
Sex?
Date started?
Stats?

I think thats it!

cool Grats Kouk

yah. grats but i hate green choco!!! i wanted black!!! so i could name it blacky forest.

Yes Koukin! Sass and I need green in our chocobo stables lol. I have a friend that will kill for a green one. Haha she is uber RDM .. you could get her to do Lamia 13 over and over maybe :p

he's slowly getting faster........ not really but i can imagine eh? at least it outruns mazurka.

Teenage Chocobo Colors : For Aquazero

Yellow, Blue, Green

Red, Black

Note: Even if your teenage chocobo acquires a color, it might not retain it as an adult.

Note: Even if your teenage chocobo acquires a color, it might not retain it as an adult.
Ick, that's no fun. :p

Thought I'd mention that I'm definitely seeing my choco's stats rise faster now. At day 12, my chocobo's endurance bumped up to substandard from poor, and day 13 had the strength do the same. I'm keeping her on a different feeding/training regimen than my last one, but still the difference is very noticeable.

I just really really hope I get a green or blue one this time.

GaleAutumn: Day 33

Just got my whistle!

Male, Blue, Lv 4 Str, Lv 3 End, No Abilities/Personality

Still kinda slow even at Lv 4 Str...

Gale lvled to Lv 5 Str today, and I can say I noticed a speed difference. I think its still slower than normal chocobo though.

Lv 3 End = 25 mins duration, btw. My hypothesis is that Lv 1 = 15 mins, each additional lvl adds 5 mins. So average = 30 mins = same as store chocobo. Need other people to confirm this though.

GaleAutumn Update

Still love sick... but...

Lv 7 Str Lv 4 End!

Day 51.

Back