WoTG - wonder if this is legit

1189367843854.jpg

Very nice... though that will probably be one of those zones we're only in for like 15 minutes the entire expansion.

Was in a party with an english speaking JP earlier who was happy to relate that Dancers will equip Microphones like Bard's equip instruments and debuff with light show effects.

Welcome the Karaoke Class, I instanly wondered if it will come with a voice mic controller like SOCOM came with a headset so you can sing along with your magic. Maybe the old nintedo dance pad will work too, that'd just be awesome to go with the concept. I mean I been asking for 2 things since this games release. Pokemon and Karaoke, and now I get both. Happy rabbit I am.

I was sorry I didn't play FFX2, but now with FFXI2 I can live my dream of being a chirpy japanese girl pop singer. Hell I already have gear changing macros for outfits now I can have a rock concert on top of the UFOs in Sea!

There's a new trailer on the WotG site (that Flash application) that has a lot of new material. It also shows Dancers in action, and the mobs are all staring directly at them. Looks like it could be a tanking class after all.

As for the other scenes in the trailer, there are a lot of tiny snippets that add up to a really big storyline. Check it out!

The whole dancer thing originated in FFV, FFX-2 just took it way too far. The job itself should be fine, and was probably one of the most requested jobs by the JP base if I had to guess. Don't know what all the hating on it is about, I'm sure as hell going to try it. You can't have the most effeminate male hume model and NOT be a dancer, really.

Sadly they all look like Elemental WS's and will probably be about as useful as Seraph Blade on Proto-Ultima. Hurrah!

Eh, I don't remember them in FFV. I remember them being the opposite of bards in FF Tactics, and they handled debuffs as oppossed to bard buffs. Given that he bard does both here can't imagine that's the route as it'd just rehash bard. A cloth tank seems kinda silly to me, but no more than a lot of otehr things in FF and a new tank would be nice. I gather they'll use dagger probably as oh so effectively as pup handled h2h, but being a thf type evasion tank still makes me think they'll be a lot of dead dancers. Or having an evasion capped thf maybe they'll be nigh invulnerable with higher evasion and a spammable flash making them cheap ninja.

Still seems awfully silly to me, especially if they equip cordless mics.

why do these expansions always come out around finals? testing my limits. You should get extra credit for being an ffxi enthusiast as well as maintaining school work

Edit: The WoGS webpage wont load for some reason... Its been stuck on the loading screen for an hour now.

Last edited:
As much as I agree with Mane... I believe it'd be very hard for them to make any new classes without totally just rehashing what we have already, but they really impressed me with the recent jobs.

BLU - Blue Magic Points blew me away. Sure, it doesn't make BLU the OMGBESTJOBEVAR in all situations, but SE found a way to give them a TON of spells, and not make them broken. You can adjust them, set different combos, get a bonus or two from certain spells you may not otherwise set... very effective way of making it 'different'

PUP - Sure, lol at it, it might be kinda weak, but the innovation of it is pretty incredible. A full-time pet that can be melee, tank, healer, or nuker, tons of attachments, and a pet equip system that was unheard of. Innovation = great, even if not the most powerful!

COR - Same deal; they added a support job (pretty necessary) which had our favorite buffs (ACC and ATT) as well as some other awesome things so that it wasn't just a 'which is better' vs. Bard... instead, they each have their own advantages; for example, COR's added dmg. vs. Bard's reliable, low cooldown sleep. Also, adding the dice factor into it was awesome.

Sure, I have a strong feeling Dancer may rehash THF, RDM, NIN, or BRD, but I have faith that SE is smart enough to introduce enough innovation to make the job playable to its own style, have it 'feel' different than Bard or whatever it follows closest in job type, and overall fun. Which is what matters!

It also shows Dancers in action, and the mobs are all staring directly at them. Looks like it could be a tanking class after all.
I think the warrior in the trailer scenario was holding back. They probably wanted to feature the new job and the the new monsters too. I seem to recall something like that with COR in the TAU trailers, and like corsairs ever tank?

I personally suspect they're going to be like an offensive bard based on the description.
With their aggressive steps, these thewy terpsichoreans would weave forbidden magicks upon themselves and their enemies, producing results rivaling those of even the most sorcerous cants. The popularity of this profession reached its peak during the Great War, when dancers were common additions to allied army units fighting on the front lines.
Sounds like primarily DD with the ability to buff and debuff.

I instanly wondered if it will come with a voice mic controller like SOCOM came with a headset so you can sing along with your magic....

I can live my dream of being a chirpy japanese girl pop singer.
After me! I totally called it first!
Geomancer and Chocobo Knight would be sweet. I call dibs on Dancer!
And singing along with your magic...? If so, pray to Altana I'm not on vent at the same time. :relieved:
Brings a new meaning to the term "caterwaul".

SE's description of dancer sounds like the gayest LARP session in the fucking WORLD. It could only be trumped by a Vampyre job. Yes, vampyre with a Y. Next thing you know, they'll be throwing SHOTGUNS into the mix.

Lol I still remember partying with Vampireslingblade in the jungle. At lvl 31 PLD she still didn't know to voke.

That isn't even funny. Had a paladin a while back when lvling DRK who was 35, didn't know what provoke was (he had no clue what it did) yet had ALL +1 or +2 gear. He didn't know what 'SATA' was, or what a Thief did...

Back