Warhammer beta

whar's the OSX requirements.... oh wait.... only blizzard is smart enough to develop mac clients as well...
I'm very happy to see Spore coming out for Mac too. I've installed the demo on 2 Macs with the absolute minimum of effort (open downloaded file, drag the app to Applications, done). Both Windows installs I tried failed at the "you have to upgrade DirectX" step. Hopefully the final version will include DirectX on the discs, because navigating MS's site to download it just didn't work.

I'm very happy to see Spore coming out for Mac too. I've installed the demo on 2 Macs with the absolute minimum of effort (open downloaded file, drag the app to Applications, done). Both Windows installs I tried failed at the "you have to upgrade DirectX" step. Hopefully the final version will include DirectX on the discs, because navigating MS's site to download it just didn't work.

this alone is enough of a reason to keep me on a Mac as much as possible... as this is the experience i've had 99% of the time.

Slight change in plans since only a few servers were opened for preview weekend, and I picked the two lowest pop ones:

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Order server -- Blood Keep
Destruction server -- Kraka Drak

Slight change in plans since only a few servers were opened for preview weekend, and I picked the two lowest pop ones:

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Order server -- Blood Keep

Awww, I want to play but I'm at work. How is it Ono? When did the Beta servers go live?

Awww, I want to play but I'm at work. How is it Ono? When did the Beta servers go live?

Well... my computer can't handle it. I can log in to the servers, do the character creation (the eyes are crazy), but then when I try to log in to a server the load screen (with a helpful game tip, thanks!) comes up and I've had two things happen:

- I get a display error and it goes to 600x400 resolution and looks like I'm playing on the Commodore 64.
- BSOD and computer reboots.

My PC is 3.5 or 4 years old, and I doubt I can afford to upgrade anything.

Servers must have gone live earlier this morning.

Probably going to cancel my pre-order :/

Well... my computer can't handle it. I can log in to the servers, do the character creation (the eyes are crazy), but then when I try to log in to a server the load screen (with a helpful game tip, thanks!) comes up and I've had two things happen:

- I get a display error and it goes to 600x400 resolution and looks like I'm playing on the Commodore 64.
- BSOD and computer reboots.

My PC is 3.5 or 4 years old, and I doubt I can afford to upgrade anything.

Servers must have gone live earlier this morning.

Probably going to cancel my pre-order :/

D'oh! You will probably need a year old or better system to play WAR since one of the biggest feature of the game is Realm vs. Realm battles. I believe it's like campaign in FF but instead of fighting with NPCs you will be fighting with players.

Order server -- Tyrion

The patch ran this morning before work, but it's 9:45AM EST right now, and can't log in to either for now. I won't be able to create anything on either until after I get home tonight too.

Server information. Message me if you're ingame.

Hmm I don't like it Ken...jumping animation is strange...and you make weird noises... =D

I only tried the ranger type class so far...

Btw sign on msn!

my comp meets all the minimun system requirements but yeah.. if it's like campaign I dono how well it would work out.

if the first month is free, I'll still give it a shot but.... I dono. We'll see.

if I do play my characters names will be either Mazurka/Koul or Juniper. Probably a healer class

I don't care which side. Evil or good is fine (don't know what they're called)

ooooo, let's be Destruction! I like the Chaos race! magus and zealot look fun :D

Last edited:
Does anyone have an extra Beta key? I would really like to get in the beta if its still going on.

Does anyone have an extra Beta key? I would really like to get in the beta if its still going on.

You can have mine. I'll PM the login. Beta doesn't start til Sept 7 but I'm in the preview weekend too. You'll need to get the client downloaded on your own tho since fileplanet does the downloads by 1-time use beta key confirmation.

My guild (Order) is on Ostermark. I'm open to making a Destruction char on any other server, too. Not that I have much spare time from FF (._.) heh

-benny

Back