Warhammer beta

Benny

{too weak}{Black Mage}
FC/Active Member
I dunno if I mentioned this to anyone but my roommate's compulsive need to try new MMOs has lead me to being pushed/dragged/pulled into the Warhammer Online beta :halo: not my fault at all you see!

Ummm anyways :) If anyone else has a character in there, get in touch, I'm currently playing a rank7 Archmage Ayako. It seems like a really strong class, and I've already soloed a couple tough NMs (well they were tough in the sense that they hurt me real bad in my flimsy mage armor) just by tanking with heals and HoTs and slipping in DoTs wherever I could. The tactical balance and access to strong debuffs (eventually) makes it feel a bit like RDM in FF.

-benny

Enjoying it so far benny? My friend got into the first closed beta and hated it. So i'm curious if they fixed a lot of the issues.

Well, it's going a sight better than the Vanguard beta where it was impossible to group with people and your character might begin falling through the world at any given time. I have had a number of connection lost in high population PvP areas, and also a couple application crashes to desktop... but overall the quality is good, and the dev team has been really responsive to bugs (surprisingly so). Also the game seems pretty fun to me. I'm definitely concerned with the app crashes though. It only happened to me twice over about 6-7 hours of playing so it's really hard to say what might be the cause - probably something elusive, unfortunately.

-benny

I'll probably join in Benny; I didn't realize it'd started yet. We have beta codes at work however (Gamestop) so I can get in by just taking one home; I could probably get a few extra codes as well if someone else is really interested (I can't take home hordes as we only have a limited supply!)

Just began last night man. Let me know if/when you start and I'll make a new character on whatever side you're on. I haven't even been able to party with my guildmates yet because they're all (ALL) dwarves and I'm like the lone elf in the guild (different noob areas).

-benny

I'll grab a code tomorrow at work and install afterwards ^^

Enjoy, I'll be fagging it up in the WotLK beta for WoW. I just got my invite in the mail for the closed beta, so you'll soon see screenshots of Deathknight Furax, woot!

Damn Furax, Lucky. Let me in on that! T_T

Got a beta code, but I think I have to wait for the open beta next week.

Register quickly Ono and you might be one of the 50,000 SE players that can play on the Preview Weekend which is this coming Saturday and Sunday.

I just got two beta codes so a friend and I might be jumping in. Lemme know what characters/races/server/where you guys are.

Register quickly Ono and you might be one of the 50,000 SE players that can play on the Preview Weekend which is this coming Saturday and Sunday.

I made an account and registered the codes.

I've got classes on both factions I want to try out.

So... the Warhammer Open Beta starts on September 7th. BENNY! Give me a closed beta key! :).

Preview weekend is this weekend. I got an invite for it, had to do the whole "download the pre-load from fileplanet" thing. It started the download last night, was only 2gb (of 9gb) in when I left for work at 10:30am today.

Preview weekend is supposed to run from August 22nd to the 25th or 26th.

Let me know when you're playing and what server/name and I'll make a new char, I'm sure my roommate will play with us too.

-benny

Let me know when you're playing and what server/name and I'll make a new char, I'm sure my roommate will play with us too.

-benny

There are classes on both factions I want to try out. A RL friend (Todd/Replicant) of mine is going to get the game too, but probably not in time for the preview weekend or the open beta. Also, he and I tend to go for PVP realms, even though I'm a carebear and an easy target :eek:

Preview weekend is this weekend. I got an invite for it, had to do the whole "download the pre-load from fileplanet" thing. It started the download last night, was only 2gb (of 9gb) in when I left for work at 10:30am today.

Preview weekend is supposed to run from August 22nd to the 25th or 26th.

Yeah, I got an invite too. Which server are you guys playing on?

They're all PvP I think :) you just walk into a realm-v-realm zone and there you are. Hehe.

I have characters on Barak Varr but I can only make Order chars there I think, so any Destruction would have to be on a different server.

-benny

Back