Time to end the hype already

Araius

Fatty Pirate
So...how low is our server population going to drop for the next week as Halo 3 is releasing tonight?

Been hearing about "OMG September 25th Halo 3 comes out :tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3:" for about a year straight now at work (GameStop), I'll be glad when it's over. Course I still have one day/night of hell before it is.

For those of you who live in larger cities, especially places like So. Cal etc. that are big gaming hubs, you might want to swing by your largest GameStop sometime between 9 PM and Midnight tonight. Microsoft/Bungee is sending out 250 Halo "vehicles" which I take to mean Hummers dressed up as Warthogs to some of the biggest stores in the country and throwing a big party. In particular, one store in Miami is going to have live entertainment from Hinder, P. Diddy, and Shaq. Very few people know about this happening at all, but virtually nobody knows which stores are going to be picked so...might just swing by and check it out. My store is in the top 5% in the country in reservations sales and we're on a Big Ten college campus so I'm thinking we have a shot...then again we are in Indiana, lol.

Yeah, my girlfriend's work is forcing her to go to the Gamestop at Universal City Walk tonight for Halo 3's launch for a review. I guess that's one of Gamestop's biggest stores. There's supposed to be a huge launch party. Sounds lame, but I've never been a launch party kinda guy.

I'll just pick mine up at wal-mart, lol. Nothing huge is going on in College Station for this anyway, at least nothing sponsored by bungie.

Araius! You playin? >_>

game is awesome btw.

-ara

Araius! You playin? >_>

Quit acting like you love me, you dirty, dirty man.

And playing what? Halo 3, yes once my 360 gets fixed circa 4-5 weeks. FFXI, occasionally yeah, more so once I'm out of school at the end of the year.

Sojourn, you go to A&M? I strongly considered applying to there but I was too geeked out about going to Purdue to consider anything else :p Got an aunt and uncle who are Aggie alums.

Quit acting like you love me, you dirty, dirty man.

And playing what? Halo 3, yes once my 360 gets fixed circa 4-5 weeks. FFXI, occasionally yeah, more so once I'm out of school at the end of the year.

Sojourn, you go to A&M? I strongly considered applying to there but I was too geeked out about going to Purdue to consider anything else :p Got an aunt and uncle who are Aggie alums.

Well I just got my 360, lets do some co-op when you get your system back, blarg.

What's your info Xerl?

Add me, EveOfAssent

What's your info Xerl?

Add me, EveOfAssent

Blind Evil 128

Will do, but I warn you, I am fail at console FPS's, lol

uh, the game's fun. gears of war is way better.

Metroid Prime was way better when it came out.

not really sold on how amazing halo is, its just kinda....a slick console FPS, which was a big deal kinda in 2001 because there hadn't really been any yet.

i hold my own.

-ara

LOL, don't look at me, I just thought the link was funny due to the hype (we had people actually take off work to get the game/play). I'm horrid at FPS games.

The campaign is pretty badass, iono, what really stunned me the most was the graphics. Seeing HDR in full bloom is really really amazing if you really get into that stuff, I spent the first ten minutes of campaign just looking at the sun, the water, reflections, refractions... The HL2 Lost Coast documentary / commentary made me really appreciate all the work that goes into stuff like HDR and the new HD textures, so seeing it all working, in motion, with full capture of the entire map at every given instant for instant playback is amazing. Multiplayer is a bit lackluster, iono, just doesn't feel as epic as Halo 2 did.. but it'll find its niche hopefully with Forge etc.

As far as the ending goes, I kept hearing OMG ITS AWESOME but upon getting there it was kinda 'meh'. The last level is fun, but not THAT amazing.

Jo yer games are always unjoinable and talf yer never on.

slackers!

btw get gears of war.

Jo yer games are always unjoinable and talf yer never on.

slackers!

btw get gears of war.
Been busy the past day or so. :weeping01

I've had Gears for a while now, only problem with online play is whenere I get into a deathmatch. My team are always noobs and kill me instead of the other team. lol

I'll get Gears of War when I get paid, a week from today.

BTW, one of my favorite parts about Halo 3:

1191003666_r4VTNnLlmF2wDZD.jpg

You can take screenshots from in-game replays, it saves online, anyone can download it.. I currently have it set as my background. Its all in HD, too... and you can take a screenshot of any place, on any map, at any time. I'll be making some more later, they look incredible. That was me posing, I had just got Halo 3 and Xbox 360 so I was just beside myself with the graphics.

Xerl > Add me, we'll make a game later. My buddy's Bday is today, he's getting Halo 3, so I'll be on all night tonight most likely. What's yer gamertag again? I have a few people who want to play, can probably get a full 4-6, maybe 8, and make our own games. Lame game choices by matchmaking ftl.

Back