Suspended..

I dig Napalm Death and... I will check out Converge...

Yeah dude, I fucking love Converge.

The vocalist, Jacob Bannon, has the most amazing voice ever. Imagine a cougar screeching as it cocks its ears back and snarls. That's Jake. lol

They have really simple melodies they play, and they drive them super hard, giving them a really hard edge, and the drums are really fast with barely any double-bass, unlike most shitty metal bands that overuse it. :badshape:

To top it off the lyrics have really good "one liners," though you will never, ever be able to follow the lyrics of a Converge song with Bannon's vocals. haha. :confused:

For those of you who dont understand the "Lingo" lemme interpret

Yeah dude, I fucking love Converge.

The vocalist, Jacob Bannon, has the most amazing voice ever. Imagine a cougar screeching as it cocks its ears back and snarls. That's Jake. lol

He sounds like shit

They have really simple melodies they play, and they drive them super hard, giving them a really hard edge, and the drums are really fast with barely any double-bass, unlike most shitty metal bands that overuse it. :badshape:

They need music lessons

To top it off the lyrics have really good "one liners," though you will never, ever be able to follow the lyrics of a Converge song with Bannon's vocals. haha. :confused:

They suck

you need a name like 'punchskull mcdonaldson'. i wish i was hardcore. i want to listen to songs that i dont know what the fuck is going on, like, someone screaming AJPSOJDPOAJwpoupoUIPOWEUPOJADOJAPJSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH to some double bass PEDAL SMASHING URETHRA'S and some SPINE BREAKING HEAD BANGING AWUAUAYAYAYAYAYAAYAH. i would also like to scare childrens mothers by spiking my hair into dildo shapes. i think we should all get completely drunk, try to play instruments, scream real loud and angry into microphones, and submit it to a record company.

WHO'S WITH ME? PUNCHSKULL MCDONALDSON? ROCKSAUCE MCALISTER? HAYAHAWHDHAHWDHSIFUCKEDYOURMOMANDSISTERANDDADHAHDIOJSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH@!

what do you recommend ashmus? dave matthews? :badshape:

In the evolution of music, Metheny communicates through telechanisis with other universes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVa_X9zKcc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVe361pcEpo&mode=related&search=

What can I say, im a white dude from the suberbs. I likes me smooth jazz and mayonaise.

PS. Soj, the kid in your sig looks like an old prospecter who just found a huge gold deposit.

GOOOLLLDDDD ITS MINE I TELL YA! GOOOOOLLLLD!!!!!

you need a name like 'punchskull mcdonaldson'. i wish i was hardcore. i want to listen to songs that i dont know what the fuck is going on, like, someone screaming AJPSOJDPOAJwpoupoUIPOWEUPOJADOJAPJSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH to some double bass PEDAL SMASHING URETHRA'S and some SPINE BREAKING HEAD BANGING AWUAUAYAYAYAYAYAAYAH. i would also like to scare childrens mothers by spiking my hair into dildo shapes. i think we should all get completely drunk, try to play instruments, scream real loud and angry into microphones, and submit it to a record company.

WHO'S WITH ME? PUNCHSKULL MCDONALDSON? ROCKSAUCE MCALISTER? HAYAHAWHDHAHWDHSIFUCKEDYOURMOMANDSISTERANDDADHAHDIOJSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH@!

actually, kids dont spike their hair up at "hardcore" shows, thats actually more of a punk thing, like The Casualties and Rancid and stuff.

Also, you'll find a lot "hardcore" kids who follow a straight edge lifestyle, and abstain from drugs, alcohol, and promiscuous sex. So the getting drunk and screaming into a mic deal isnt happening, either. :cool:

lastly, assuming their poor musicians because the words "simple melody" can be interpreted in many ways, isnt what i meant. :tounge-1: when i said simple, i didnt imply shitty drop D tuning and power chords. I meant converge doesnt change time signatures every 30 seconds and that the melody is like a 2 or 3 chord progression (which isnt astonishing) like a lot of punk bands use, but its driven hard to give it a harder sound, and the breakdowns are wear they pick up the technical finger working. All of it is backed up with really intricate drum tech, that doesnt use shitty double bass pedal beats like 90% of the bullshit you see on MTV2. :D

Ashmus said:
What can I say, im a white dude from the suberbs. I likes me smooth jazz and mayonaise.

i cant say anything about jazz, bands like Between the Buried and Me, and Small-town Murder actually have a lot of jazz and soft rock influences, and play long 7 or 8 minute songs that have 2-4 minute breakdowns that are melodic and are sung instead of screamed and used to parallel the heavier side of the song.

yeah.

Last edited:
i remember all the "Straight Edge" kids from my high school... after a year or two away at college all came back the biggest crack-heads i've ever seen.

lol thats actually kinda unusual, but its not unusual for kids to break edge in smaller ways like relaxing with a beer every once in a blue moon. no different than a vegetarian eating chicken on a salad or a vegan who will still eat something that is 90% animal product free, with the mentality that the majority of it is still animal-safe, which is better than not safe at all, if you catch the analogy. even the "founders" of straight edge, Minor Threat, admitted to drinking

Last edited:
its a similar syndrome that kids who were overly protected by their parents go thru when they go away to school.... they go fucking apeshit.

Self imposed life restrictions wear on people over time...some can handle it, some can't those who can't end up reacting in rather drastic ways

actually, kids dont spike their hair up at "hardcore" shows, thats actually more of a punk thing, like The Casualties and Rancid and stuff.

Old, and not exactly "hardcore," but close enough:
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
How To Dress Emo

i remember all the "Straight Edge" kids from my high school... after a year or two away at college all came back the biggest crack-heads i've ever seen.

Most sXe kids I knew that broke the edge didn't go to overboard, but one in particular did. He has the XXX tattoo nice and big on his calf, and I forget what else he has, but when he eventually broke the edge (he was probably 23 or 24 at the time), he was racking up $200 bar tabs a few times a week (luckily he was making about $80k salary), snorting coke and smoking weed regularly, and had a pretty crazy girlfriend. I actually got a temp job through her, doing data entry at a modeling agency for about two weeks. A month after I worked there, the owner was murdered, and because there were payroll records for me I got to go downtown for questioning.

Back