Salvage and us

That's not actually what I am advocating Kalia, read the post above yours since I Ninja'd your post.

How does Pld not benefit from a set which gives a massive amount of +HP/MP & Refresh and is potentially enough DD to let us be more melee oriented in some events? I'm not getting into a debate over the usefulness of specific pieces on a per job basis, I think all the sets are excellent for all the jobs.

Lostsoul said:
The fact that this salvage has a retarded cost to begin with makes it unfair.

I don't agree with calling Salvage a retarded cost. Any job is easily capable of doing a variety of assaults with just a few people and just spending a couple hours to knock out 3 of them for AS. I think that is far more reasonable than SE charging gil, or even IS since not everyone can as easily find the time to spend in meripo earning IS.

I wouldn't say Salvage cost is retarded. I would say it makes you carefully weigh how you spend your Assault Points from now on, whereas previously there was no contention for anyone as to how their Assault Points would be spent, and I'd much rather gil or IS have been the price. Gil is easily obtainable any number of ways. IS is obtainable through Besieged even for those that don't like or don't have the time to merit. Assault Points are tied to a strict cap in that you can never do more than 1 Assault per real life day (over time, of course) and that makes the supply of Assault Points much more difficult to obtain for the general population than other types of points.

As I stated previously, please express your ideas/concerns about how we should do Salvage as an LS. This does not include arguing about other people's points. There will be ample opportunity to weigh various ideas at a later time.

That's basically what I mean Kalia.

If someone wants to go whole hog on Salvage, they can spend all their AP on it. My point is that it's very reasonable to do 1 Salvage a week and if there is an Assault item you want to do some Assaults on the side for it. The cost becomes unreasonable, to an extent, if you want to do Salvage on a near daily basis, but I don't think you can consider that unreasonable since that becomes your own choice to want to do the event so much, and thus pay the AP cost.

I think I'm not understanding something -.- Are we supposed to ignore everyone else's posts and never respond to them? If so, why not a locked thread with a poll, or just have everyone send you PMs.

Ok,

Garret, Lostsoul, and Kalia please take your argument to PMs, tells, AIM, or some medium other than my "please share your ideas" thread. Please post whatever your idea is of how we should do Salvage as an LS here when you are done. People are not going to be inclined to share their ideas if they are immediately picked apart and criticized.

Back onto the topic... How would we work parties? Is it only 6 people or 18? If we have more than 18 how will that work/effect people?

Agree with Kalia there, I don't see the harm in arguings things out if we disagree on various points.

Side Note:

An idea another member mentioned to me was where people had a declared main & a declared secondary Salvage set.

So you effectively had 2 sets you had some priority on, mains would lot over secondaries, and secondaries would lot over non-declared.

I also don't think Kalia's idea about declaring specific pieces is bad, but I think it would have a tendency to make there be fierce competition over a few pieces, and it would be a little hard to implement logistically I think, only because there are a lot of different pieces and I think it would be difficult to straighten that out in the 3 minutes before a piece drops.

I really just don't want to see anybody in the LS get screwed if they are perpetual bad lotters.

For working parties as I understand it each item you get only unlocks the abilities of one person.

We should set priorities for which style jobs get unlocks first, just like gambits in FF12! lol

I think unlocking 1 Whm's magic first should be a priority.

Speaking from a Pld standpoint we are useless in an alliance if we can't use JA or equip armor or use magic, we're very dependant on all of these. My personal preference for unlocks on Pld would be something like

JA
Shield
Magic
Other Armors

strat-wise:
what ive read so far is that drg's and natural H2H melee'ers are VERY helpfull for the start of this. as you will be w/o magic/JA's/equip

1st floor's mobs dont hit too hard, but hi-pots, au lait's, etc... are recommended.

farm enough on the 1st floor to get a handfull of ppl fully unlocked (or unlocked enough to not be gimped)
make sure that persons with weaps unlocked get HP unlocked 1st as they will be tanking lol.

suggested to un-gimp people one at a time mainly, in order of importance to the battle... or in order of dmg output.. whatever.

sneak/invis work on these things i guess, so prism/oils might be good to do some initial wandering and exploring.

portals up to next floor fill hp/mp (so make sure to raise people and unweak before hopping up?)

no reports yet of anyone clearing a run, a few have made it to the top floor bosses, but wiped on the boss or run out of time.

all in all, we need to get in and see for ourselves what this is all about. Trial by fire.

I would put order of important for full unlocks at something like rotating party sets, i.e.

#1 Whm
#2 DD (Melee or Blm)
#3 Support Job (Rdm/Brd)
#4 Tank
#5 Whm
#6 etc/etc

This way you are working unlocking party groups that will be self sufficient.

Bosskitteh’s Salvage suggestion:
  1. We rotate zones in a repeated and specified order.
  2. We do Salvage twice a week. Tuesday after Limbus and Caturday.
  3. Salvage armor:
    1. Each LS member picks three Salvage armors pieces he/she desires AND can equip final product.
    2. Each LS member ranks these three in order of desire to acquire said piece.
    3. When a member completes a piece (not just win lots on 3 pieces of ra/ex junk but paid for and equip-able final product), that piece is removed from the list and the item(s) below it move up. The member can then choose a new piece for slot three.
    4. This list for each person is maintained on the forum.
  4. Lotting:
    1. "Item A" drops.
    2. Leader calls "#1 cast lots" in LS chat. Any member with "Item A" at #1 position casts lots.
    3. If no one has this item at #1, leader will call "#2 cast lots". Any member with "Item A" at #2 position casts lots.
    4. If no one has this item at #2, leader will call "#3 cast lots". Any member with "Item A" at #3 position casts lots.
    5. Any piece not in anyone’s desired order free lotted by people who can wear. In this instance for God’s sake don’t lot if you won’t finish it and spend the money. Let someone who will finish it lot it.
Example 1:

Say my list is:

#1 Usukane Legs
#2 Usukane Body
#3 Usukane Head

If I finish Usukane Legs, Usukane Body and Usukane Head will move up, and I can pick a new #3. If I picked Usukane feet for my new #3, I would now have:

#1 Usukane Body
#2 Usukane Head
#3 Usukane Feet

Example 2:

Say my list is:

#1 Usukane Legs
#2 Usukane Body
#3 Usukane Head

If I finish Usukane Body, Usukane Head will move to the #2 position, and I can pick a new #3. If I picked Usukane feet for my new #3, I would now have:

#1 Usukane Legs
#2 Usukane Head
#3 Usukane Feet

What the hell is the point of all this???

This means the following:
  1. You can prioritize what you want most and are on equal footing with others who want the same piece.
  2. Everyone else can want the same thing (Usukane body whee) so you may have competition for the more popular pieces.
  3. You can capitalize on the bandwagon people, i.e. you might put the piece that everyone wants (and all have at #1) at #3, all the while you knock out #1 and #2 quickly and are sitting pretty with 2 completed items and can now compete for the third item that those others were. Be strategic!
  4. This keeps if from being a free for all with no one ever completing anything yet allows people to focus this how they want to.
How about them apples?

I really like Fodder's suggestion. It's a tiny bit complicated but it keeps everything very clean.

I do have one question. People with stockpiled AP are going to want to do extra salvages, unless I miss my guess badly. I know I want to! Is there any specific rules or limitations we want to put on that?

-benny

So are we going to do this once a week or twice a week?

Twice a week is doable and I would suggest that everytime we do go to salvage that we just split the alliance into three parties and do x3 assault missions so we can have some fresh AP, we can do the really easy ones like wall assault.

Once a week is also doable but it would take longer to get pieces...

Maybe we should do this after limbus or even in place of limbus...

I think initially I'm going to have a hard time doing two a week, since I haven't been focused on Assaults at all, and want to cap BLU and NIN at 75. But then once that's done, I'd probably push for merits and Assaults a lot more.

That said, I think focus should be put on how to organize the runs and drops, and then a major focus on the strategy so we get the zones up to Limbus farm-status.

And regarding Limbus, I want to see us continue to hit that hard twice a week. I still want 4 more pieces of Homam, and I'm sure others want that and Nashira gear as well.

I like the idea a lot Fodder.

Why suggest it to take the place of limbus? There are still tons of people that would like to get some of the limbus gear. Hell sky is still done and it's what? 3 years old or close to it?

Fodder's idea sounds good.

Maybe people should hang onto them Potion Tanks that drop often (& Ether) in assault for Salvage? That kind of elimates one cost of going.

Back