PromathiaYuuetsu: Chapter 6 - September 5, 2006

U guys have almost no DMG here. I say u splitt the PT in 2 and try it with a all out atack setup. I'm more then happy to help if u guys need help. Having 2 tanks in 1 PT is not going to help u dish out the DMG and 2xNIN at this lvl can do little or no DD. Maybe thay culd do some DMG if u had a BRD but still.

I'm taking my PT this sunday for the BC and bringing: PT: Jas(BLM/RDM), Nerm(NIN), Cyndel(BRD), Talfus(WAR/NIN), Fiko(WAR/NIN), Fodder(WHM/SMN). I'm sure if u guys are willing to split the PT me Nerm and Talf culd help u guys

Jasmin is right, even at our best we just weren't putting out enough damage. It wasn't the deaths that killed us, we barely dented Ultima at all.

Besides getting the polymer Sat with Elv I managed to get ranged from 0-100 as well. Don't know if I can max it out for 60 by Tuesday night but I'm going to do my best so that should help make my war a bit more viable.

I don't think me going as Blm really got us anywhere. Blm didn't get us any damage, Besides keeping up choke/rasp/bio/poison and throwing out maybe one or two nukes I spent the entire time healing and debuffing. We had to much damage going on, and I agree with Jasmin we ought to do what we can to get away from two tanks and get another DD in there.

If I can finish ranged that'll be one more damager not in close. No idea if Bst is worth a damn but If so I can go in with that as well with Nekio.

Just won this BC. I went as BLM/RDM. I did a shitt load of DMG and stun is pricelsess. Not sure what u have merited and what items u where using but BLM is awsome on this BC.

Well, no merits, and I certainly didn't have great EQ, my Blm is retired these days, War is my main. We did this several times, and while yes I did decent damage, I didn't have the oppurtunity to do so. Like I said I spent most of the fight healing and debuffing. We went through a ton of mp and personally I went through alot of mp restore items, and between me, Boots as rdm, and Soph as whm, we went so long we were still running down our mp when time finally ran out.

We did run into the mana shield on the end of Omega after we got up and it cost us time on one of our attempts.

Tactics-wise, after the first attempt where we worked the bugs out, I don't think we did anything wrong. But when you get right down to it, the only real damage being done was by Nekio as thf. I don't count Cati as nin, certainly not Elvier on Pld, and I wasn't on Blm given the circumstances.

When we ran out of time, and we were in Ultima for I think 9 minutes the last time, and it was still at I think 50-60% and we were nearly out of mp. I'm not sure where we were lacking, but we definitely need to rethink before we go in again.

I'm honestly willing to try any setup that we agree may work best. I'm serious about these missions, so completion >>> gil + xp, lol.

As for possible setups, I'm with Elvi on this one. Poor Elvi was Stunned most of the time against Omega, which caused two problems: 1. massive cure dumps from the mages and 2. inability to keep hate tool rotations going. In retrospect, the only damage I took was from that AOE Hyper Pulse (I think) that went through shadows. Granted, it was a lot of damage, but I think the majority of our mp went towards keeping Elvi up and running. NIN tank would alleviate that A LOT.

I hear from most that a NIN with bat earrings can go Ichi > Ichi, which makes dealing with Stuns more of a non-issue.

If I go as BST, here is my thought: Cati can go as THF for Mammets. A BST with an HQ jug will do more DoT than most other jobs at that level. I doubt the Mammets will be able to take out my jug in the first part. If I can keep my pet alive, it will be healed to full when we move to Omega, and my Call Beast timer will be ready. That gives me two full jugs against Omega. I fear that 3 AOEs or so will wipe out my pet, so hopefully I can squeeze out some decent damage before they are toast. Regardless, I know we will be fighting Omega long enough to allow me to call a third jug before we finish him off. Hopefully it's still alive when we beat him, cause it will be healed to full, giving me another freeby for Ultima. I think BST COULD work, but keep in mind it will put me in AOE range, so I wouldn't suggest this if we stick with PLD tank.

My recommendation for our next try would be:

Elvi NIN/WAR, Cati THF/NIN, Nekio BST/NIN, Ash BLM/WHM, Boots RDM/WHM, Soph WHM/?

If Cati has marksmanship levelled, she can do what I did... it seemed to work pretty well. If nothing else, as THF I tried to spam bolts from melee range, dumping SA or TA+WS as I could, and running out of melee range to recast shadows after Hyper Pulse, and get some cures, all while spamming bolts. Daggers were doing around 10-20 dmg each, and bolts were doing 25-40 or so, with poison effect.

From current discussion I assume I am coming NIN and am gearing up for that. :)

Oh I HQ'ed 18 tiger pets' broths and have ready for Nekio if you need them.

fungus are also quite gewd. capped beast affin merits (only effective @ lvl75 tho ;;) make mr. fungus stronger than carrie... saber falls short tho.

Saber caps at 65, as well, I think, but yeah... at 75 with capped Affinity, Fungies are beasts.

P.S. More info for Cati if she comes as THF:

For Mammets:
Don't touch them. No yellow liquids either. Just stand there and cast shadows. After the first couple runs when I got the hang of it, I started arranging the Mammets so that they were all in front of me, then I would draw my daggers on the Mammet behind me that the group was fighting. This allowed me to parry the Mammets in front of me without engaging them.

For U/O:
Bloody bolts work, and drain about 10-30 damage each. If you're not full, the drain effect from these alone will make these your most damaging bolt. There are rumors that drain damage still is dealt even when you're full, but I switched to Venoms when I was topped off. Acid bolts were resisted often (are these guys wind based?), but they did proc. Sleep bolts obviously failed. Ranged ACC was not great, because to avoid AOE I was standing way outside the sweet spot, but I still hit somewhere around 75-85% I think with sushi. Timed my TA or TA+WS for right after a TP move so I didn't get nailed by frontal AOE. If you pull hate from behind, it will use Rear Laser and petrify everyone, so try not to SA+WS... TA+WS should be better anyway for hate control.

Last edited:
Marksmanship on Cati is about 176. Not sure if that's capped at level 60, I haven't been in a BC with THF at all.

Sorry, I haven't posted much due to work stresses over the last few days.
I'll be there on Tuesday... I like the ideas so far. :)

I had expected to see saber parse higher than he actually did... i was really suprised...and dissapointed, he is by far my favorite jug pet

My cable is currently out. I'm hoping it'll be back on soon, but I may not be able to make tonight. Wish me luck, dunno what you'll want to do if I can't make it. Hope to be on soon.

My cable is currently out. I'm hoping it'll be back on soon, but I may not be able to make tonight. Wish me luck, dunno what you'll want to do if I can't make it. Hope to be on soon.

Kick your cable company and tell them to get into high-gear.

Otherwise, just wait.

I'm going to go ahead and say that tonight won't work for me either, since everyone's schedule seems to be up in the air and I'm really in a bind to organize my time tonight ASAP. I have a lot of work to do that needs to be done before 8:00AM tomorrow. If you want to do it tomorrow, I'm down, but I'll need to log tomorrow around 10PM, so we'd need to start right on time (or early) for me to be able to squeeze two runs at 6-4 in. Fridays are always bad for me, and this weekend will be busy due to my bro's b-day.

Back