PromathiaYuuetsu: Chapter 6 - September 5, 2006

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Greetings!

SUBJECT: Chains of Promathia - Chapter 6 (Guide: Sassafras's Ultimate CoP Guide)

DATE: September 5, 2006

GATHER TOGETHER POINT: Sealion's Den [Tavnazian Safehold]

GATHER TOGETHER TIME: 8:00 PM EST

ENTER/START TIME: 8:30-8:45 PM EST

NOTES: If you are just joining CoP Tuesdays (PromathiaYuuetsu), please be sure to pickup a pearl from a current member with a sack.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILS:

We are now progressing in the final chapters of CoP after a most successful run at the Snoll Tzar Tuesday night. Congratulations to all that advanced past the last BC. Also, many, many thanks to: Tarja, Rikkuu, Jasmin, Aelfinn, Sarahlynn, Sassafras, Lynn, Bootstraps -- You guys made last night a complete succcess!

THE NEXT STEPS:

As of last night: Cati, Sophiel, Elvier, & Bootstraps are now ready for the Airship BC. We entered the BC just to play around, a good time was had!

The following steps need to be completed after defeating the Snoll Tzar last night:

1. Bastok Metalworks, Talk to Cid.
2. Ru'Lude Gardens: G-6, Talk to gate guard.
3. Upper Jeuno: Marble Bridge (Click on door for CS)
4. Zone into Ru'Lude Gardens for CS
5. Approach the Palace in Ru'Lude Gardens for last Jeuno CS
6. Head to the Dilapidated Gate @ I-11 in Misareaux Coast
7. Examine Gate, Three Detector type mobs will spawn.
8. After Defeating the detectors, examine gate for CS.
9. Head back to Jeuno [Ru'Lude Gardens] - Speak with gate guard @ G-6 (Pherimociel)
10. Examine the Auidence Door chamber, just up the stairs from Guard post. (CS)
11. Run to Selbina, speak with Mathilde @ H-9. She's inside the Weaver's guild.
12. Go back to Bastok Metalworks, speak with Cid.
13. Head to Tavnanzian Safehold, zone into Sealion's Den for CS.
14. You are now Ready for Airship BC #1.

Your current mission under CoP should now be: One To Be Feared (6-4)

ABOUT THIS BC: (LEVEL 60 CAP)

This BC is a lot of fun and can be challenging. Before attempting this BC, everyone needs to have CCB Polymer. You can obtain these for free by completing the 'Chips' quest from Cid.

This is a 45 min BC, average complete time hovers around 30min for most people. After each mob, your HP and MP are completey reset and you are allowed to rebuff before moving to the next mob.

We will all enter the BC and clear the long CS, exit the BC and start again. Clearing the CS and re-entering will give us a few extra minutes of battle/prep time.

The mobs are in this order:

Mammet-22 Zeta (5 of them)
Omega
Ultima

Yellow liquid will drop off the Mammets just like in the first mammets BC earlier in CoP. We'll discuss battle strategy here and before the actual BC.

I'm thinking this setup for right now:

Boots: RDM/WHM
Cati: NIN/WAR
Elvier: PLD/WAR
Ashandarei: BLM/WHM (may swap for WAR)
Sophiel: WHM/BLM
Nekio: THF/NIN

I will be trying to farm chips/collect CCB Polymers for this Airship BC. I'm not sure about Farming time since I'm working hard to get NIN as close to 75 as possible before Tenzen battle.

After completing this BC, there is a CS after defeating Ultima. At the completion of the CS, you are put in Chapter 7 immediately.

See Chapter 7 post for details on that event day.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing you next Tuesday!

Last edited:
Talk to Mathilde in Selbina twice to get some toatally unrelated but interesting information. ;)

I picked up my CCB Polymer yesterday, and am all set for this mission. I was planning on farming at least one more set of chips before Tuesday. If anyone wants to farm with me (I'll be bringing BST so I can solo the mobs) just post here or send me a tell in-game. I should be around all week/weekend.

P.S. I soloed those Detectors on my THF. :badshape: Shock Spikes hurt, though. >.>

I picked up my CCB Polymer yesterday, and am all set for this mission. I was planning on farming at least one more set of chips before Tuesday. If anyone wants to farm with me (I'll be bringing BST so I can solo the mobs) just post here or send me a tell in-game. I should be around all week/weekend.

P.S. I soloed those Detectors on my THF. :badshape: Shock Spikes hurt, though. >.>

Nekio, where was you missing CS at? Just curious.

I never went back to Pso'Xja, lol. Well, I did, but when I got there I realized I had come as BST/NIN instead of BST/RDM and didn't have oils on me. So, I went and farmed a carmine chip that night and totally forgot that I didn't finish what I went there to do in the first place. :x

I never went back to Pso'Xja, lol. Well, I did, but when I got there I realized I had come as BST/NIN instead of BST/RDM and didn't have oils on me. So, I went and farmed a carmine chip that night and totally forgot that I didn't finish what I went there to do in the first place. :x

Well, if you can enter the Airship BC, then you are all set. You can click on the gate and go in.. then run away. :)

Elvier & I farmed up a set of chips for her last night before I went to sleep. Was easy with 2 Thf, finished off another merit too!

Elvier & I farmed up a set of chips for her last night before I went to sleep. Was easy with 2 Thf, finished off another merit too!

Elvier sent me a tell late last night when I finally woke up... I was very pleased to hear about her success. Thanks for helping out! I have to work tonight (Thursday) however will be on Friday afternoon and all evening and hope to farm some myself.

Yes thanks to Sassy, Archie and Myth and TH1 I have 2 CCB polymers. I got 1 from Vanyel and that is on a mule. So if we run short, I can give that to someone. :) I seriously think it helps to have the quest active to get quicker drops. We finished all 3 chips in about 15 minutes.

The starting NPC is Ghebhi Damomohe, the mithra at the desk in Neptune's Spire (Tenshodo in Lower Jeuno I-7). She mentions Cid is collecting chips. Make sure you get the correct dialogue. Look in quest log in Bastok and Chips quest will be listed there. Cid is listed as starting NPC. Please note.. Somepage and some other sites are wrong.. Cid does not give the quest. I tried talking to Cid but had to get quest from the Mithra, then take chips to Cid.

Everythign is on track for tonight.

Please be prompt. If you do not have CCB Polymer ready, we'll work something out.

Thank You!

People Needed:

Ashandarei = WAR or BLM
Bootstraps = RDM
Sophiel = WHM
Cati = NIN
Evlier = PLD
Nekio = THF

Thanks.

Ashandarei = WAR or BLM
Bootstraps = RDM
Sophiel = WHM
Cati = NIN
Evlier = PLD
Nekio = THF

outside observer suggestion, have cati and elvi both as nins?
1. 1st stage-fight mammets, a nin can take them all to the corner and keep alive with some slight attention from one mage, while the rest of the grp takes them down 1 by 1.
2. memory is a little fuzzy here cause it was so damn long ago, but ultima/omega hit freakin hard, and have a LOT of attacks that are nothing if you can blink them.

just a thought :)

I have no problem with two NIN's -- I sort of thinking about that with mammets for sure... I do remember a lot of HP being dropped in Omega/Ultima.

We'll discuss before we go in, this may be doable -- I initially thought of PLD, for just being able to take the DMG.

THF hold mammets

Hi I know Sass's party had the THF hold the mammets by running in and getting initial aggro and running to a far corner. Since THF has best EVA in game this seemed to work for them. In addition, I will buy some bat earrings for Nekio (if I can) and with blind potion can up EVA +30 since THF will not be engaging and blindna will remove effect before next battle.

I am set for PLD for tonight. :)

Whatever works. I'll borrow a Scorpion Harness (sold mine to buy a Hauberk for my BST :p).

P.S. Are we doing a dry run? I'd think that out of all the missions, this one we should really let people going through for the first time (aka me ^^) get a feel for what we're up against. I'd hate to blow through a bunch of polymers just to get pwned by something we could have prevented (like Rear Laser).

My 2 cents:

I keep hearing 2 things:

1.We did not have enough damage
2. NIN can tank this battle and maybe shadows negate some AOE.

Looking at the available jobs we could try the following:

1. Elvier NIN tank. Maybe more damage but mostly less strain on WHM I hope. Also Sassy says their NIN reverse tanked with an earth staff when they had some weakened .. Sassy could not remember if Omega and Ultima were tanked backwards all the time or just when needed.
2. Cati THF or NIN for mammets and damage.. whichever you think best.
3. Nekio BST/NIN for duel axes and more dmg. ( I can crank out HQ tiger broth for free) If pets die quickly still have BST doing more damage than THF? Also Katana to Axe gives Distortion SC option. Maybe another factor in deciding which job Cati you might want to go as?
4. Ashandrai as BLM for magic damage and burst trick again?
5. Soph WHM and Boots RDM

Just my thoughts on options. Discuss? May need another dry run to test it and see if it works..

Oh Ashandrai and I each got 1 more CCB Saturday.

Back