Preorder Code Entry is Live

That's good news. :)

Really looking forward to get things going (again).

Seriously, I'm counting the days!

And I'm supposed to go to my friend's party Saturday.. going to be really hard to pull myself away from my PC.

deleted cookies and cache and finally got pre order to go through !. SE acct management page still a mess but on BG they are saying that is because they are going to a new Acct system..
Seems to be a really stupid time to change your main payment/account system

deleted cookies and cache and finally got pre order to go through !. SE acct management page still a mess but on BG they are saying that is because they are going to a new Acct system..
Seems to be a really stupid time to change your main payment/account system

They may have planned it out on paper effectively, but it sounds like there was a lot of internal miscommunication on how to handle the roll. (oh so common in Japanese companies....)

I can look past the account management issues, it will just be growing pains. Certainly, I hope it never turns into anything like what PlayOnline was. That was a pitiful excuse for a account management system in every single respect. From the client to the management behind the PlayOnline service, all junk.

I used to have a Galaxy Note.. now THAT is huge!

Got tired of taking my phone out of my pocket to sit down so I got a Nexus 4. So nice not having carrier clutter.

But now I want an S4...

Hehe, phablets.

url

I need to get an S4 next weekend. I have a three year old HTC Evo 4g and it's starting to putter out.

Enjoy the new signature, Xer. I wouldn't be a proper wingman, otherwise. The wiggle may return someday, though. You cannot keep a lid on wiggles like that for long.

Last edited:
I just got the confirmation email with the code this morning, I guess things are finally starting to ease up.

By the way, I finally got around to talking to some Japanese gaming friends about FFXIV today and asked them about their latest opinion. They first response was, "Did you see that most of the Japan-based servers were still open/empty?" In their opinion, Japan players still feel the burn from the 'Chinese Fantasy' that was FFXIV 1.0 and some have written off FFXIV ARR just on principle.

The acknowledge that SE has made great strides in turning that boat around but it still may be too late for a lot of players. Marketing in Japan is still much more low key than what they did for FFXI almost 12 years ago. Personally, I've seen electronics stores running the benchmark on new PC displays and I've seen some banners displayed outside of software and hardware shops, but the chatter around the shops didn't reveal much enthusiasm for the new ARR.

We all agree that the first six months of the game will be a good amount of time to see how many players stick around and how the development team handles new content and responses to player input. They added a slew of NA / EU servers, but there is a fear that a number of those worlds will go empty. Bottom line, after billing starts, we'll be able to see results in the next SE annual report. (Japanese financial year-ending, 3/31/14)

Back