New Level Sync Feature to Change the Way You Party! (08/25/2008)

From what I've experienced, you get a lot that start out with just attacking the fort. Sometimes monsters come fight you after a little bit, sometimes not. Then the other times, monsters are there from the beginning and you are screwed unless they warp away after a bit of time. So seems somewhat of a gamble.

I thought most Fortifications had beastmen around them now.

They forgot about Eldieme Necropolis. And the other spots, just auto-attack a mob if they're around and someone is tanking, otherwise just hit the Fortification. Wait till you have 100% TP and then use a macro with:

/ws
/wait 60
/ws
/wait 60
/ws

You're bad at campaigning then.

Where else in game can you auto-attack a wall while you get cleaned up and ready for work, and come back to find 1500+ exp?

I camp out Bastok Markets and get good exp there, but it's boring. BORING! I just do it for the AN, which I still need a bunch of in order to get my Iron Ram gear set. It's got nothing to do with being bad at campaign, but more to do with how it's OMGSOBORING I'd rather claw my own eyes out and play hopscotch with them.

You know it's bad when I actually prefer exp grind over it.

BORING! You know it's bad when I actually prefer exp grind over it.

Seriously, you're not doing it right. Tanking one mob at a time? Then tank two, three, four. Galkasaur used to run around and tank them ALL just to see if he could (and did)... and raked in 2500+ xp per round.

Get out of Bastok Markets--some of the beastman zones are more fun. Getting around the campaign NPCs while dealing with the regular mobs adds to the challenge. Head to the forts--Castle Oztroja is crazy fun. While you're there, the new NMs drop some cool items.

Party up--the small group bonuses apply to campaign as well (and you get more credit for AE spells). Groups I've had with Ultima members, even for a short period of time, brought in 15-20% more XP and AN.

Change up your subs--you get more XP for the more variety in what you do. Heal, nuke, do weapon skills, try to do renkeis with the NPCs or other PCs (get more points there), take damage, dish it out, etc. It's like any other aspect in the game--it's only boring if you allow it to be.

It may seem stupid now, but if the Mythic weapons requiring Captain rank is a clue, then future growth in the game might require certain ranks in Campaign--and unlike merc ranks, you have to MAINTAIN your campaign ranks.

Campaign is the first consistant addition they've added to the game that allows you to control the flow and the rewards.

Seriously, you're not doing it right. Tanking one mob at a time? Then tank two, three, four. Galkasaur used to run around and tank them ALL just to see if he could (and did)... and raked in 2500+ xp per round.

DNC & BLU - I'll tank one at a time, and actually tank, unless I'm on DNC and it's RNG mobs, then I can tank a bunch of them from a distance and let people peel them off of me.
WAR/DNC - I can probably tank two, no problem.
PLD/DNC - Definitely two, probably more.

EDIT: Holy wow, what a wall of text. Screw that, I apologize.

My problem is not with the subs, with the amount of exp received, or with the people I campaign with - all of those aspects are absolutely golden - my problem is that I simply find it boring, period. It's no different than finding a certain job boring, or a certain event boring. Some people can't tolerate dynamis worth shit, others think it's hilarious fun. Some people love RDM to bits, others think it's the most repetitive shit job in the world. I love PLD, I love TP burns, I love tanking big, big, big, big, BIG shit, I love PUP, and I happen to hate Campaign, so for me this level cap thing is a golden opportunity for me to actually get to get a buffer on my PLD without having to resort to campaign. :D

awesome. now ill actually be able to get help leveling pup.

-ara

I love Campaign, it's probably one of the best things they've released lately, in my opinion. I've cleared almost 100 merits in Campaign alone and have well over 500,000 AN from it. I love the quick and dirty way I can use it to recap any job that needs it without the dread of looking for a party. I'm having fun even if I'm hitting a wall. It beats the hell out of sitting in my Mog House and really gets me into an active mood.

Remember THFs:
*All Campaign fortifications face East!
*Hide works in Campaign to break aggro even on NMs.

If +Haste is removed as a defining stat when an object is adjusted to your level, I'm wondering if +Slow would be removed as well...

Abjuration gear normally has some sort of penalty associated with it. I wonder if those are removed due to the fact that they fall under the non-scalable stats. How would D, N, M, A, and W abjurations be changed? How is the Tu'Lia God set going to scale down?

I'm wondering if I can throw out any back equipment now and just used a scaled down Forager's/Amemit +1 or if I can dump weapons that I normally kept for 40/50/60 caps.

PLD/DNC in campaign does the trick. I just recapped four jobs last night & this morning before work.

PLD/DNC in campaign? God... not you too. I hope you actually take a mob thats unclaimed instead of attacking one mob that all the other idiotic PLDs and NINs are doing.

I can't stand those types of "tanks" if you can even call it that. I've seen so many PLDs and NINs that try to take hate from me or just piggy back onto to my mob when there's other mobs running amok. What's even worse... the PLDs don't even help heal me! Its almost as if they have an aversion to tanking mobs... such disgrace. I also hate those that see 2-3 monsters attacking one tank and instead of pulling off an unclaimed one... attacks the claimed monster.

PLD/DNC in campaign? God... not you too. I hope you actually take a mob thats unclaimed instead of attacking one mob that all the other idiotic PLDs and NINs are doing.

I can't stand those types of "tanks" if you can even call it that. I've seen so many PLDs and NINs that try to take hate from me or just piggy back onto to my mob when there's other mobs running amok. What's even worse... the PLDs don't even help heal me! Its almost as if they have an aversion to tanking mobs... such disgrace. I also hate those that see 2-3 monsters attacking one tank and instead of pulling off an unclaimed one... attacks the claimed monster.

My favorite is when I walk up to a group of 6+ people staring at a pile of mobs attacking a fort, then when I pull a mob off and start killing it (sam/dnc), they all pile on too. I feel like a kindergarten teacher leading my class across the street. "All right kids... the light's green, you can attack the mob now."

-benny

This is crazy shit and I'll actually be coming back for it since I can level with my wife if she starts playing now. But I wonder: what happens to skill level increases if you're capped? Say you're leveling in the 40s, and you want to stay in Eldieme (lol), so you just keep joining Eldieme parties and capping. Do you still gain skill levels, even though they are capped for your capped level?

My guess would be no since you can't gain skill in the existing capped areas. They may have decided to change this though so who knows.

This is crazy shit and I'll actually be coming back for it since I can level with my wife if she starts playing now. But I wonder: what happens to skill level increases if you're capped? Say you're leveling in the 40s, and you want to stay in Eldieme (lol), so you just keep joining Eldieme parties and capping. Do you still gain skill levels, even though they are capped for your capped level?

"All right kids... the light's green, you can attack the mob now."-benny

I pull off mobs and solo them on RDM all the time just to see if I can... and the same thing happens.

Thanks you Benny, that's a new macro.. some how, some way.

"Benny says..."

Seriously SE. I convince myself I'm not coming back because I can't get my account back, and they pull this shit. They're stalking my every move and thought.

Anyone who says they saw this coming is so unbelievably full of crap. This past year or so has made me gain so much respect for SE, it's ridiculous. Nice to see they actually care about what people think now. Course, now I practically expect them to actually do something about 3 kings :eek:

Wow, this makes me question possibly coming back to finish Monk and Sam just for fun, and not worrying about finding parties. Not to mention will be able to revisit all the great camps of the past.

Back