New Level Sync Feature to Change the Way You Party! (08/25/2008)

For level 40, they're pretty much the best thing, I think? I was using them in Aqueducts after using Reppu+1 32 to 39.

-benny

I think fodder wanted the claws. Could get you the lvl 39 double attack katana. Its freaken awesome. Plus always loved fighting tres. Its a very fun NM fight.

I'd be down for a tres fight if you wanted to plan one Benny. Don't need any drops but I always enjoy that fight.

Think that refers to further changing your level, not being able to use capped gear. There is a pic of a PLD in surcoat fighting a promy mob.

I'm 90% sure that someone will have to be 30 or less and sync prior to entering Promies, or it won't work. While it could happen, it's not as easy as everyone thinks. We can't just all decide to sync to a certain level. Someone has to be that level in the first place.

After all, we've all learned that SE update pictures are rarely what they present themselves as.

Well the description also describes synching in Riverne and using high-lvl gear, so I'm not sure what they meant by that sentence.

*Actually after reading it again, I think that the level-synch and armor-cap functions are independent of one another.

SE said:
the attributes of high-level equipment will be scaled down proportionally to the reduced level.
This will apply not only to the Level Sync system, but to all level-restricted areas and missions

With the introduction of this system, there will also be major changes to the way equipment is handled in regard to level restrictions. Rather than automatically unequipping items if a player's level is reduced below the item's minimum level, the attributes of high-level equipment will be scaled down proportionally to the reduced level.

This will apply not only to the Level Sync system, but to all level-restricted areas and missions. This means that players will now be able to participate in various battlefields, Assault missions, and Ballista, and also to adventure in level-capped areas such as Riverne without the hassle of having to switch equipment!

Pictures might be decieving but this seems pretty clear.

Edit: I suck at quoting apparently but thats from the original post about 1/3 of the way down.

My point is, it's ambiguous enough that I'm not rushing to the AH just yet.

I like my Republic Subligar too much to sell anyway. >.>

Now we just need to know when this update is actually happening.

I'm thinking either 9/8 or 9/22.

The stat I'll miss the most is HMP. :( Still, I think this will be a great change to the system.

As for Fodder's comment, I don't know why anyone would want ninjas in the dunes anyway. Mnk, war, and pld are still going to be best there, aren't they?

Oh. Oh my. Oh my, sexytiem!

I CAN HAS SEXYTIEM NAO?!? Maybe now I can actually get a buffer for my PLD, since it's infinitely more desired at lower levels than in meritpts! :DDDDDDD

Oh. Oh my. Oh my, sexytiem!

I CAN HAS SEXYTIEM NAO?!? Maybe now I can actually get a buffer for my PLD, since it's infinitely more desired at lower levels than in meritpts! :DDDDDDD

PLD/DNC in campaign does the trick. I just recapped four jobs last night & this morning before work.

Fuck Campaign in the ass.

With a spork.

Back