~New Consoles~

The Wii is very small...and very stylish...

oh and Zelda owns my soul now. :x

i'll probably get a wii. sony and xbox just made some new fucking plastic boxes, exact same controllers. no "new" gameplay. just nicer graphics that still look muddy on my 36 inch television i inherited from my grandmother. so im going to go with a wii. its fairly priced, and actually looks like i'll have fun. though, i'm not clamouring for a new system, since alls i can savor is offline gaming because i live off the motherfucking grid.

god i hate this place. cannot get anything besides dial-up, but drive 3 minutes down the road to my fathers apartment and he's buying jimi hendrix memorabilia from eBay on a dsl connection. :arg: fuck.

Got my wii last night at midnight, been playing it a bunch since...the only issues i have with it so far is 1. the speaker in the wii-mote is pooper, but can be turned off and 2. I'm playing on an ancient 27" tv that i borrowed from my mom, thing is so old that it doesn't have red/white/yellow cables, just the deals you had to put RF adapters in (indicates this tv dates back to NES days, even SNES had RCA cables)

The PS3 i'm against buying until the price goes down at least 200 dollars and it is redesigned, as every sony i've bought save my 2nd PS1 has broken. Also the launch lineup is unimpressive, as usual (ridge racer and sports games, again?) I'm sure when the economize the production of the ps3 it'll be a decent system, but for now its a terrible value

I'm buying a 32" hdtv from best buy on black friday ($799 tv for $479, if anyone is looking for one, go to best buy thanksgiving day around 3am and hang til 5), so it'll be sweet looking come saturday.

If the ps3 never sees a price drop, i may pick up an xbox360, as they have a considerable library already, even if the japanese hate the system

Hey Moravius, I take it you don't know what the "sixaxis" controller the PS3 has does? Oh and Xerlaoth, I have a TV from 1984 that has composite video inputs and outputs, age of TV doesnt matter. I even have an old TV (about 1976) with a premitive form of S-VID on it o_O

isn't that the controller you eventually have to send back to sony to have the internal battery replaced? :x

and age of tv does matter if the picture quality has degraded, or in the case of LCD/plasma, other things go wrong

It has an internal li-ion battery. A battery of that type will last 1yr before it can even loose 20% of its capacity. To the average person, it will last 2~3 years before they notice any loss. Not to mention by the time that the first controller's betteries need to be replaced, it will be cheaper to buy a new controller, than buy a new battery.

Also, you mentioned no degragation of picture quality, only the fact its an old cheap model that only has an RF input and no composite AV input.

This is what some of those PS3 buyers could have used the night of the sell...

bodyguard.jpg

Wii ftw

The Wii is rocking pretty hard... Zelda is even tearing me away from FFXII. Monkey Ball is pretty fun, Rayman is pretty hilarious and a good time with a large group of people playing... Nothing like twirling a cow around and tossing it as far as you can... Trauma Center is now even cooler, and controls much better. DBZ Tenkaichi 2 is surprisingly fun, even though it takes a good while to get used to the bizarre controls, though if you get embarrassed easy you may think yourself (or others) a fool when you start mimicking the kamehameha movements just to do a game winning move...

Looooool *breaks grandmas nose on accident while playing tennis with the family* DAMN INTERACTIVE CONTROLER!

NEW CONSOLES AGAIN Y'ALL! :)

I have a Wii U, 360, PS3 (just got it this past January), Vita (avoid!), and two 3DS's. I am buying a PS4 in November, and hopefully a nice new TV to go with it. I'm hoping to avoid the Xbox One this time around - their first party development has really disappointed me over the past three years, and I expect that to continue.

Anyone else buying something this winter?

Pre-ordered a PS4 and XboxOne. I'm a Sony fanboy at heart, but MS really grabbed me with KI3. Plus, I can't ignore the thrill of setting up a new system for the first time.

I have a Wii U as well, but rarely turn it on. Bought Pikmin 3 last weekend, but even that feels like nothing new. Come on, Nintendo!!!

Back