Mog Bonanaza - aka Ho-ly Sshh, SE! O.O

I have no f'in clue why so many people seem to think picking a +1 body abjuration or a Ridill is better than 100 million gil.

Not directed at people here, I just came back to these forums after having surfed around various FFXI community sites, and 99,9% of them are giving me a major - major - headache with the stupidity.

At least some of you are seeing the odds instead of only seeing ITEMZ. Good fucking luck winning anything, loooooooooooool. Still a pretty cool concept though.

I have no f'in clue why so many people seem to think picking a +1 body abjuration or a Ridill is better than 100 million gil.

Because they're not in an HNMLS so will otherwise never see one of these in their lifetime. Whereas 30 years of farming and they might get 100mil? Only answer I can think of anyway.

Because they're not in an HNMLS so will otherwise never see one of these in their lifetime. Whereas 30 years of farming and they might get 100mil? Only answer I can think of anyway.
At first I thought I'd get a ridill. then after a little thought, money is deffinately better. You can do/buy whatever you want. Even pay a LS for a ridill (I'd say 50mil).

Personally I'd upgrade Bravura and then I could say w/o much cringing "fuck a ridill". lol Yes I know I have almost no shot at getting the rank1 prize. Let's play devils advocate though. What would be the best way to pick the numbers, auto-generated? I'm prolly going to be using 13-15 mules.

Not directed at people here, I just came back to these forums after having surfed around various FFXI community sites, and 99,9% of them are giving me a major - major - headache with the stupidity.

I honestly think it would be a very very very hard decision, it would for me at least.

100mil would be very useful for poor folks like me, not to say I'd pick that, dalmatica+1 would also be really nice as well as a ridill and many others on that list.

should be 75's only, rmt unite!!!

-ara

Don't forget that item prices will rise as people wait for lottery winners to buy overpriced items. Figuring out which prize to get isn't going to be as easy as it seems.

On the positive side, "The winning numbers will be announced on June 30." Sounds like it's going to be more than one number. Might affect ticket strategies? It definitely means it's more likely to win.

I like how SE does this stuff though, they know hardcore idiots (no offense fiko) will make a thousand mules to do this for a slim chance of winning something fantastic. They make you wait 3 months (so thats 3 months more they keep you paying, plus people who reactivate because ZOMG LOTTERY I HAVE CHANCES TO WIN). I'd like to see how much money they make purely off making this event happen. Like lets say they normally make $10 a month from everyones subscriptions (realistic rite? rite), i'd like to see how far it shoots up for the next 3 months.

Don't get me wrong, i'm excited too and i'll definitely use Sojourn and my 2 mules to do it, I JUST LIKE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE ORDINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Not in an HNMLS? Don't/can't/won't kill Kings?

1) pick 100 million gil
2) "HAY GUYZ CAN I BUY E/A/M BODY ABJ FOR 10/20/30/40/50/60 MILL?"
3) ???
4) Profit. Literally. Even if you pay as much as 65-70 mill for the abjuration, and as much as 20-25 million to find an cursed body-1, you'd still have pocket change.

And no, I don't think every ls out there would part with e bodies. I think a bodies would be slightly easier. I think m bodies would be easiest. But I do think a lot of ls's wouldn't be able to turn down enough millions - depending on how they'd split the gil, it could be very profitable for the members.

Any math wizards want to crunch the probabilities? I hate probability with a passion these days.

What are the odds of hitting all 5 numbers?

Or, if you want the odds for winning tiers: (1/10)*(1/10)*(1/10)*(1/10)*(1/10) Tier 1: 1/10 Tier 2: 1/100 Tier 3: 1/1000 Tier 4: 1/10,000 Tier 5: 1/100,000 Since you get to pick 10 numbers and, assuming you're going for 10 different ones, you raise your odds: Tier 1 : 1/1 (xp! woo!) Tier 2: 1/10 Tier 3: 1/100 Tier 4: 1/1000 Tier 5: 1/10,000 Cid's got the best advice (sequential numbers) so you can cover at least tier 1. Then get 9 friends and have them pick the other numbers so that you all cover Tier 2 (of course, this means that you can only win, say 100,000g between 10 of you, recouping your costs and nothing more). Trion or whoever the Elvaan is probably has the worst idea unless you have the insider trading info. 10 marbles of the same number could potentially get you a shitload of money, but only if you were spot-on. Shantotto's random comment is fine, but no better than your own numbers unless the moogles somehow have insider information on number picking. Maat's a dolt for picking only one marble. Edit: Oh, wait. There were pages of this shit already. *sigh*

PROTIP: make sure your 10 picks end in different digits, you'll at least get an XP scroll.

-benny

you guys also have to consider, on a lv5 mule would you truly prefer one of the uber items? or 100mil?

Not that getting a ridill or dalm+1 on a mule is a bad idea, if you're crazy enough and not as sick of exp'ing as I am, it's worth leveling same job on a mule just to equip something useful.

thats a very good point, money will be taken on mules 99/100. so let the waste of real money for fake money BEGAN!!!

P.S all you americans (myself included) this is a great way to blow your free check from the government!!! give all of it to the japanese!!!

-ara

Yea, i would love to know how much of this "free money" will be spent on foreign products, defeating the whole purpose of it.

Heh and all of this time I was just going to slip it in sweat stained thong of a middle aged, toothless, Russian stripper...

Back