Mog Bonanaza - aka Ho-ly Sshh, SE! O.O

Lexa

Just call me Veronica Mars
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html

What's “Mog Bonanza”?
Final Fantasy XI's 6th anniversary is just around the corner, and to celebrate this happiest of occasions, the Mog House Management Union (MHMU) has decided to hold the very first Mog Bonanza event, kupo! We moogles have spared no effort to ensure that this inaugural event is a runaway success, with the prizes prepared bound to have even the most appallingly affluent adventurers drooling uncontrollably, kupo! This is the chance to turn your Vana'dielian dreams into reality and become the envy of all fellow adventurers by winning stupendous amounts of gil, or super-rare items of legend like the Kraken Club...and more!

How to Play
The Mog Bonanza is a number-guessing game in which you pick a five-digit number of your choice, kupo.
Playing is simple! Purchase a Mog Bonanza marble (*1) from a Bonanza Moogle at designated areas (*2), then have the vendor inscribe your desired five-digit number on it, kupo. If you can't decide on a number, we moogles will be more than happy to pick one for you. The winning numbers will be announced at a later date, so sit tight and leave the rest to Lady Luck, kupo!

The conditions for winning are as follows:
Rank 1 prize: all five digits.
Rank 2 prize: last four digits.
Rank 3 prize: last three digits.
Rank 4 prize: last two digits.
Rank 5 prize: last digit.

Up to 10 Mog Bonanza marbles can be purchased per character level 5 or above. You can have the same number inscribed on multiple marbles. This will mean bigger earnings should you have a winning number, kupo.

Purchase your Mog Bonanza marbles, check winning numbers, and collect prizes from Bonanza Moogles at Port San d'Oria (I-9), Port Bastok (L-8), Port Windurst (F-6), or the Chocobo Circuit (H-8), kupo.

FINAL FANTASY XI 6th Anniversary Mog BonanzaPrice: 1000 gil.
Mog Bonanza marbles available for purchase from May 16 till May 28.
The winning numbers will be announced on June 30.
Prizes available for collection from July 2 till July 31.

Prize List
Each Mog Bonanza marble with a winning number entitles you to an item of your choosing from the list of prizes in the corresponding rank.

Rank 1 Prize

100 million gil
Dalmatica +1
Blood Scale Mail
Kaiser Cuirass
Armada Hauberk
Hecatomb Harness +1
Shura Togi +1
Ares's Cuirass
Skadi's Cuirie
Usukane Haramaki
Marduk's Jubbah
Morrigan's Robe
Valkyrie's Breastplate
Valkyrie's Coat
Ridill
Kraken Club
Hofud
Futsuno Mitama
Valkyrie's Fork

Rank 2 Prize
10 million gil
Black Belt
Homam Corazza
Nashira Manteel
Melee Crown
Sorcerer's Petas
Duelist's Chapeau
Abyss Burgeonet
Saotome Kabuto
Wyrm Armet
Summoner's Horn
Warrior's Lorica
Valor Surcoat
Scout's Jerkin
Cleric's Mitts
Assassin's Armlets
Monster Gloves
Koga Tekko
Bard's Cannions
Velocious Belt

Rank 3 Prize
1 million gil
Melee Cyclas
Cleric's Briault
Sorcerer's Coat
Duelist's Tabard
Abyss Cuirass
Bard's Jstcorp
Saotome Domaru
Koga Chainmail
Wyrm Mail
Summoner's Horn
Warrior's Lorica
Assassin's Armlets
Valor Breeches
Monster Gaiters
Scout's Socks
Homam Cosciales
Nashira Seraweels
Hauteclaire
Seveneyes

Rank 4 Prize
100,000 gil
Damascus Ingot
Khroma Ore
Damascene Cloth
Behemoth Hide
Moldavite Earring
Rain Hat
Empress Hairpin
Bounding Boots
Matron's Knife

Rank 5 Prize
Miratete's Memoirs

*Please remember that all prizes won in the Mog Bonanza are virtual goods and cannot be redeemed for real-world money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a huuuge lottery! The economic impact will be interesting for sure. At least it's a lottery I don't mind entering: unlike real-world lotteries, the mathematical payout (just considering gil) is positive. Could be an good boost to Vana'diel!

Hmm... so only have to be level 5 eh? I could enter my mules in this too!

Very glad you can choose which prize you get. If my mule had gotten Morrigan's or Nashira I'd have been pissed

EDIT: Upon further thinking, there's definite ways to guarantee yourself a nice haul by teaming up with friends. For example: I have 5 characters. That's a 50% chance of 4th place alone. Team up with another friend who has 5 char (does anyone else actually have or am I just insane?) to bump that to 100% for 4th. Choose a Behemoth Hide for prize which currently sells for around 800k, making almost 400k for each of you (minus AH fees and possible devaluation due to contest). Considering it only took 50k to load up all your chars with marbles, that's a fantastic return on your investment. So uh... anyone got 5 chars? /grin

Last edited:
hmmm, can i be bothered to level all 12 mules to lv 5.

I wonder if they made this event just so BG will be forced to acknowledge that SE did something awesome.... lol.... I can't wait. This is amazing.

-benny

Yea, true, 80% of posts are "OMG RMT WILL WIN ONE HUNNERD MILLYUN"

and the other 20% are pathetic attempts to do various math-y things about how much gil will be created or what the chances of winning are, and failing.

-benny

That's the thing. RMT WILL win. They will spend the next two weeks leveling 99,999 characters to lvl 5 so they will win.

I also think this will be cross server, so the impact will be minimal

holy shit

I am speechless...

Teaming up in hopes of winning bigtime seems better to me than creating extra mules for this. I'm gonna spam it with all I got, but I don't really expect to win, the odds are far too miniscule for that - it's more a "what if" scenario.

:mad: What the hell SE? What the hell?

Cool deal over all. I would pick an Armada Hauberk and Ridill and toss it on my mannequin with the Shadow Mantle and Shadow Ring. Then I'd go level BST or PUP and play that 24/7. >.>

Speed/Velocius Belt vs 10mil is a pretty nice deal.

I love that they have all the Xarc AF as prizes. ^^

Any math wizards want to crunch the probabilities? I hate probability with a passion these days.

What are the odds of hitting all 5 numbers?

Back