Mercy Stroke Damage

I'm kind of unimpressed with relic weapons. lol. Kind of like icing on the cake but other stuff > relic weapons it looks like. Maybe relic horn/shield on well geared players other than just shield/horn, but lolgun and dagger so far first-hand hasn't impressed me.

Debbie_Downer.jpg

idk how you find mandau unimpressive... with the dagger update especially... it sure as hell seems to me that it's by and far the best weapon a thf could use.
I never said anywhere that there were better weapons for a thief.
I said I was:

Stelaereous said:
kind of unimpressed with relic weapons.

other stuff>relic weapons simply meant that it's not worth selling your soul and everything you own in FFXI to get a relic weapon. Pimp yourself beyond belief before you start working on one, because the difference from what I've seen is far from phenominally different than other people you will be up against.

I never said anywhere that there were better weapons for a thief.
I said I was:

other stuff>relic weapons simply meant that it's not worth selling your soul and everything you own in FFXI to get a relic weapon. Pimp yourself beyond belief before you start working on one, because the difference from what I've seen is far from phenominally different than other people you will be up against.

/nod

Thay shuld have made u go WoW!!!!!, not meh it is ok.

nice.

I've just started running parsers to help me improve my game. Seems I need some more dagger merits before I can really start eating attack food... with 3merits and +55accuracy, I was parsing 75-80% accuracy using meat.

So, until I get 5+ dagger merits, i'm thinking Assault jerkin and sushi, which puts me at 90-92% accuracy. Most parses I've run, I was pretty close to all the dd, within 2%, higher and/or lower. Though, yesterday on trolls, I got beat out pretty bad by a monk, lol, 32% to my 24%.

Most of what I'll post below is mainly a cut/paste from another thread that I'm finally putting in the right post (for Google searches, etc.).

Current images may not be present due to my shitty hosting location, lol.

I'm not Stage 5 like Kalia, so I've only got ones from Dynamis to show you. I had these in another thread, but they're under a misleading title (Current Currency). Kalia's weapon has an additional +20 ATT, 24 less delay, posion proc, hidden triple DMG proc, and allows Mercy Stroke anywhere.

Using the DVSParse Beta in Dynamis-Jeuno, it's tracked crit rate % into the mid 20% range using nothng but Mercy Stroke's aftereffect. Having 1 in 4 hits crit isn't bad at all. I'll get a better number after running it an entire run.

WS%20List.JPG

Dynamis-Xarcabard
The damage range was anywhere from 500 on the PLD Demon NM to around 1200+ on the regular Demon NINs. The one thing I really liked is the fact that it maintained the range no matter what. It didn't matter if I was blinded or flashed, the 1x WS would connect without fail when stacked with SA or TA (something I'm not used to with DE's 5x or SB's 2x).

The Demons don't give me flashy numbers or anything, they're probably the hardest enemies I can test it against. I'll get some WS shots up to give you the DMG range though. They're better than what I can currently put out with DE or SB.

MS%20Tester.JPG

I only really took one action shot, the rest was a for future comparisons as log shots like the one above.

Dynamis-Jeuno
I did a Dynamis-Jeuno last night and was able to get a DRG 2AF that I was actually really looking for. While there I was able to test Mercy Stroke on much softer enemies than Xarcabard's Demons.

MS%20-%20Jeuno%20Test.JPG

It's very hard to describe how neat it is to pop off the amounts above with just barely over 100% TP. Even TA+WS will break 1000. The ability to do that made my ready time much faster than normal. At some points I was actually still waiting for Either SA or TA to come back up for me.

It basically reminds me of the Gekko WS, but for THFs. Either SA or TA (Assassin) will make it connect on a non-PD target.

Ouside of Dynamis (Regular WS with a D39)
I can only do the regular WS outside of Dynamis, but I have noticed a jump in damage on those as well. The goblins/moblins hunted for the ENM stones were allowing me to place DEs inside the 2000-2200 range when fullstacked on THF/NIN onto our tank. It feels weird offhanding a Blau Dolch because it used to be my mainhand dagger. The speed is slightly slower than I've grown used to with Blau + a 183DLY dagger, but it matches my old Gully +1 in delay.

SA+DE on Apis was around 1000 with Sis Kebabis. The only shot I got of that was an Aura Steal though.

I'll get up other shots later when I can.

The only current concern is the fact that the animation for Mercy Stroke is longer than other weaponskills. If you have yourself on auto target, you may be attacking another monster layered in a cluster while the animation for Mercy Stroke is going off. If I ever get this completed to Stage 5, disengaging after the WS may be more difficult than with other weaponskills even while wearing a full set of Hecatomb (taking the full force of the +slow penalty). This may make multihides on something like Tiamat much harder because you won't be able to stop queue entry.

Last edited:
Nice Archain.

But 120 messages? lol

I've got a small collection now if someone wanted to see a few examples. I haven't done any really big game stuff recently, so it's mostly just shots on regular enemies with a few exceptions.

Apollyon - Adamantshell Critical (3xDMG proc on crit)

Archery WSNM
Archery%20WSNM.JPG

Dagger WSNM

Besieged - Mamool Ja Sapper Mercy Stroke

Besieged - Qutrub Wastrel Mercy Stroke

Gerwityz Scythe - DRK AF3 NM
Gerwitzs%20Scythe.JPG

Byakko Mercy Stroke - Triple Stepping

Hilltroll MNK Mercy Stroke

Hilltroll PLD Mercy Stroke

Hilltroll RDM Mercy Stroke

Hilltroll WAR Mercy Stroke

Ashu Talif #3 - Cutthroat Kabsalah Mercy Stoke

Kirin Mercy Stroke

Lesser Colibri Mercy Stroke

Wivre Mercy Stroke

Mother Globe Mercy Stroke

Dynamis Valkurm - Nightmare Manticore Mercy Stroke

Olla Pequena Mercy Stroke

Qutrub Mercy Stroke

Sea Puk Mercy Stroke

Seiryu
Seiryu%20MS.JPG

Suzaku Mercy Stroke

Temenos - Enhanced Vulture Mercy Stroke

Ashu Talif #3 - Bubbly Mercy Stroke

Salvage - Bad Charm (Triple DMG Processes)

The WS may not be much higher than regular peak WS with a full prep, the key thing to remember is that the weaponskills can be done with the results shown above at just over 100% TP. The DoT increase is extremely heavy, the difference is very large.

The Additional Effect, Poison, is fairly low key @ only about -10HP/tic (equivalent to a Mimic in poison effect).

The Aftereffect, Increased Critical Rate, is something that I would not be able to make out. I still cannot see a difference even when parsed. Something that you are definately able to make out, for instance, is when a COR's Rogues Roll is in effect.

Here's a few lucky shots, mostly dual triples.

THF/NIN, TP Return is normally...

4% = One handed hit with no offhand (low HP/overkill)
9% = Mercy Stroke with offhand connect (Normal WS return)
10% = Mercy Stoke w/ Double Attack
11% = Mercy Stroke w/ Triple Attack
12% = Mercy Stroke w/ Triple + Double Attack
13% = Mercy Stroke w/ Dual Triple Attacks

14% = Store TP carryover? I saw this once yesterday while levelling my NPC. The WS resulted in ~2500 on a Terrigan Lizard.

Greater Colibri - Mercy Stroke

Proto-Omega - Mercy Stroke

Tiamat - Mercy Stroke

Vanguard Salvager - Mercy Stroke

Besieged - Mercy Stroke

Here's a few lucky shots, mostly dual triples.

THF/NIN, TP Return is normally...

4% = One handed hit with no offhand (low HP/overkill)
9% = Mercy Stroke with offhand connect (Normal WS return)
10% = Mercy Stoke w/ Double Attack
11% = Mercy Stroke w/ Triple Attack
12% = Mercy Stroke w/ Triple + Double Attack
13% = Mercy Stroke w/ Dual Triple Attacks

14% = Store TP carryover? I saw this once yesterday while levelling my NPC. The WS resulted in ~2500 on a Terrigan Lizard.

Greater Colibri - Mercy Stroke

Proto-Omega - Mercy Stroke

Tiamat - Mercy Stroke

Vanguard Salvager - Mercy Stroke

Besieged - Mercy Stroke

You must love that dagger~ =p

I love how your Mercy Stroke ws almost exactly double Various's Mercy Stroke lol.

Did you happen to parse against him? I'm curious how he does.

Back