Mercy Stroke Damage

Aura

FC/Active Member
People been asking about Mercy Stroke damage outside of dynamis, so here's a few screenshots from my first merit party.

mercystroke_seapuk_2060.jpg

mercystroke_mamool_1919.jpg

we needa test it on fafnir or tiamat or something

mercy stroke > rampage

Grats on the badass blade, Kalia! Obviously a long time in the making. Do you have any data from merit parties on IT and VT mobs? It would be cool to see some screenshots of damage vs them and also to compare with Monk w/Black Belt and Warrior w/Man Eater + Ridill, two of the most feared damage dealers. I'm thinking Thf can already outparse them on birds most likely, but with the relic weapon can it outparse them on enemies that aren't weak to piercing?

Grats on the badass blade, Kalia! Obviously a long time in the making. Do you have any data from merit parties on IT and VT mobs? It would be cool to see some screenshots of damage vs them and also to compare with Monk w/Black Belt and Warrior w/Man Eater + Ridill, two of the most feared damage dealers. I'm thinking Thf can already outparse them on birds most likely, but with the relic weapon can it outparse them on enemies that aren't weak to piercing?

You left out nins with 20%+ haste and full katana+str merits ;x

My bad, didn't mean to leave any DDs out, just was pointing out the first two that came to mind.

Well, the Mamool I just got a 1900 Mercy Stroke on was IT. The only mobs in Bhaflau Thickets that are weak to piercing are the puks, but in the party yesterday we were fighting mostly Mamools, with some Puks also. I did outparse a MNK whom I've never outparsed before (has basically everything except Black Belt), by about 1.5-2%. It would even the score slightly more if NONE of the mobs were weak to piercing. But then again there's also some upgrades I can do to my own gear to increase my TP build accuracy. My total WS damage was around 30-40% higher than anyone else in the party, so finding that sweet spot balance between Haste and Accuracy to allow the most frequent use of Mercy Stroke would probably make the difference.

I didn't save the parse, but I will next time.

I don't think I'll ever beat a Ridill WAR, just because before the Mandau the parse would show like me 25%, Ridill WAR 34%. I don't know how to make up a difference that huge, lol.

I'm guessing you didn't chain anything, i'm trying to imagine a 2k MB if you get the full affact. wow, i'd love to see that.

I'm kind of unimpressed with relic weapons. lol. Kind of like icing on the cake but other stuff > relic weapons it looks like. Maybe relic horn/shield on well geared players other than just shield/horn, but lolgun and dagger so far first-hand hasn't impressed me.

The difference is pretty huge coming from someone who's been using a dagger for his entire ffxi career :D It's also easily the best Weaponskill for THF when stacked with SA or TA (Dancing Edge is probably better if you're soloing WS) in all the situations I've used it in so far. I have a feeling it's better for Fafhogg and other HNMs as well, due to the 1-hitedness. One thing I learned recently is that since Mercy Stroke is a 1 hit weaponskill, if your'e /NIN it's possible to double attack or triple attack on both hands, creating some insane weaponskill numbers. Relics are no Ridill, but that weapon will get the nerf stick someday anyway.

idk how you find mandau unimpressive... with the dagger update especially... it sure as hell seems to me that it's by and far the best weapon a thf could use.

Back