FFXI Update Details (11/19/07)

*sulk* Now I need to go buy an Xbox360...

I'm willing to put up with retailer confusion if it means I get my game when I'm supposed to. >_< Aside from whatever mess up is delaying the shipment, SE needs to have its collective head examined for releasing it the week of a major US holiday.

I'm getting ready to call the store I pre-ordered from to see if it actually arrived (who knows, maybe there's a chance...). I'm expecting to be a sad kitty though. ;_;

releasing it the week of a major US holiday

While I assume they took that into consideration; I highly doubt it. I had a conference call with a EU company this morning and they were like "oh, you're not there tomorrow... oh yeah... we forgot... can you call us up anyway?"

Don't think they'll have it Ono. On my lunch break I hit up EB, Target and BestBuy with the same results as Ehon. Kitteh is NOT pleased!

While I assume they took that into consideration; I highly doubt it. I had a conference call with a EU company this morning and they were like "oh, you're not there tomorrow... oh yeah... we forgot... can you call us up anyway?"
Given that they'd have to deal with the issue for phone support, I'd think they should have been aware of the holiday. Or maybe it went something like this:

"Nov. 20th release... won't we get a lot of calls on support issues, right at the same time all these US call center employees are requesting/getting time off for some holiday?"

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine. What could go wrong?"

*sigh*

Btw I just called GameStop and they said it had been delayed until Friday. "Well, actually delayed until tomorrow, but we won't be open." {/fume}

Guess I'll be out in traffic on Black Friday after all. >_<

I'm working Black Friday... Fortunately I don't work in the mall.. Guess I'll be getting caught up on bleach. :bluewink:

Downside is I'll have to wait for Monday/tuesday to pick up the expansion.:finger:

Aa should have called me, I would have met you there.
I might go grab my at Bic Camera tomorrow in Ginza, unless I swing up to Akiba.

Someone join flashchat and tell me what's up with the update so far, if anything. Over at a friend's house, little bit bored, hehe.

-benny

Back