FFXI Update Details (11/19/07)

supposedly the holiday event mobs were up in some zones giving out the event rewards the npcs and items all disappeared about 30 minutes later

people are reporting insane lag in every mode of play as well

everyone on BG is saying the value is .75... keep in mind the SE sucks at rounding though.

Never been one to argue with BG. Actually, after further testing, 0.75 seems to be about right, 1.5STR=1attack. The discrepancy value I'm getting seems to come from a misplaced decimal somewhere in their formula table, it only occurs at odd numbers in total STR, and the value is a solid 0.75 at every other total.

7 hours remaining... whatever tarutaru is running in the wheel to make the downloads stream across the Internet... needs to run FASTER.

{Haste} plz.

Anyway, cya whenver it gets done or tomorrow... ;) Looks like the next few days are going to be crazy.

Will try to put the amount of lag into perspective.

I had the updates downloaded this afternoon around 4 PM EST. I logged on immediately at 5:00 PM, noticed that it was taking forever to connect to lobby server - around 3.5 minutes from the time I clicked 'Play' until the time I was in game.

Once in game, it felt like I was using my old AMD Athlon XP 1800+ computer, which can run FFXI, but in most situations is laggy enough to make casting and crowd events impossible.

Tried to mule, disconnected from lobby server and could not reconnect.

15 minutes later, was back in game and moving very slowly again, things were taking forever to load up, and when I would try to log out, would go down to R0 before I would be logged out.

Finish downloading! :rolleyes:

Repose is confirmed Divine Magic (on BG forrums), for anyone who didn't know or cares

I didn't know, thanks for the confirmation Haku. I'm surprised they would make it like that. But I guess it makes sense. Now Divine Magic skill is actually worth a damn, which is interesting. Is there even a Divine Torque? lol.

-benny

Ya, there's a divine torque, going to see if I can get one after this maintenance, maybe a divine earring too(depends on cost).

Repose is about the same as Sleep II --- They don't overwrite each other, but Repose will overwrite Sleep I.

Wow, my last purchase was September 16th, I wonder if that sushi is still edible.
Soj, you hungry? I got some yummy sushi for you ^^

I tried to buy the expansion tonight, they had it in stock with two large displays at the local Yodobashi.... I got up to the checkout counter and he said "come back tomorrow..." dammit.

ffxijpexp.jpg

The boxes on the left are the Vanadiel 2008 Collection with all Expansions, the one on the right is just the expansion. Full Collection Version: 7,600 Yen, Expansion: 3,900Yen.

Anyways... back tomorrow I suppose.

Anyone had luck finding the boxes in the stores (well, ok, those US-side)? I just hit up both GameStops, Target, Best Buy, and even ventured to Wally World (Wal-Mart)... Best Buy had already had their normal shipmets for the day, so didn't anticipate it until Friday. GameStop said it may come in later this afternoon and to check back around 5:00-6:00pm. Target and Wal-Mart looked at me like "wtf is final fantasy" look.

Sucks that there's no mail or shipping tomorrow and Friday is an absolute disaster to get around... ugh.

Anyone had luck finding the boxes in the stores (well, ok, those US-side)? I just hit up both GameStops, Target, Best Buy, and even ventured to Wally World (Wal-Mart)... Best Buy had already had their normal shipmets for the day, so didn't anticipate it until Friday. GameStop said it may come in later this afternoon and to check back around 5:00-6:00pm. Target and Wal-Mart looked at me like "wtf is final fantasy" look.

Sucks that there's no mail or shipping tomorrow and Friday is an absolute disaster to get around... ugh.

There was a POL post saying PC versions were delayed and wouldn't ship until today. So.... most places won't get the PC release until friday. As far as I know, the PS2 and 360 versions should be in today.

The rumor is that there was a misprint on the boxes in regards to Vista. This led to confusion with the retailers so they had them reprinted.

Back