FFXI Update Details (11/19/07)

According to that site you posted, Aang, the Lv65 torques aren't available to the new jobs. o_o

it just needsta be updated

the site also says that the new jobs can't use the lvl 1 guild aprons

Does anyone have a link to a non-Taj site with similar info?

Hmm according to the site DNC can use destroyers. With the merits I have and faith torque, wonder if DNC/MNK would do any good, kind of like what Fodd said about MNK/DNC but with higher lvl spells. Dancer can also use Joyeuse which would be awesome to build TP in.

I meant that as it stands now, Ebisu is just like Lu Shang that can't break. Not really good enough reward for that hellish quest. >.> Especially as you mentioned, Lu barely breaks as is (other than on Ebisu quest fishys).

Re:Ebisu

Hopefully the Ebisu line cannot be broken, that and additional time to pull in Legendaries with common bait would make it worth the trouble.

General consensus is that this is a 'nerf' to 2-handed weapons (For example, SE changing the 1STR=1ATT and 1DEX=1ACC around). Reading about it on KI or Alla in the SAM forum will make you hate human beings. Anyone have a reason to believe otherwise? Maybe that if they do change these formulas, that they will only change one, but not both?

Hmm according to the site DNC can use destroyers. With the merits I have and faith torque, wonder if DNC/MNK would do any good, kind of like what Fodd said about MNK/DNC but with higher lvl spells. Dancer can also use Joyeuse which would be awesome to build TP in.
PUP can't use Destroyers, but DNC can?! You gotta be kiddin' me....

PUP can't use Destroyers, but DNC can?! You gotta be kiddin' me....

another reason to level dancer V!

Re: Lu shang's
Ya the only reason I don't bother with Ebisu is the stupidly long quest for something that Lu shang's works just as well.

Sucks to have maintenance extension. Oh well back to Starcraft/Brood War.

another reason to level dancer V!

Re: Lu shang's
Ya the only reason I don't bother with Ebisu is the stupidly long quest for something that Lu shang's works just as well.

Sucks to have maintenance extension. Oh well back to Starcraft/Brood War.

I think Sharain was saying that b/c she does have the Ebisu.

I didn't check much out yet, but the Gobbiebag items at AH were sold out, Velocity Shot had at least a 5 minute duration and was a 5 minute recast timer, and the game was extremely laggy. I tried to mule and could not connect to lobby server. Going to use the time to get some work done, and try again later. Have fun!

I'm updated at work, can sign in, but I did the shift-click-drag to resize my window and it causes my screen to black out whenever I start typing. However I could still open the menu, and I even typed some stuff on /l "in the dark," then hit Enter and my screen popped back with what I said.

So I shutdown, logged back on, and this time I did not adjust the game window. No blackout, but the chat box fonts look really smooshed.

Just got home and am updating now. Says 2 hours. Lots of new foods it looks like. Never /toss food items!! I will cook you something new at no cost and only ask you tell me what the foods' satats are :D. Oh new fish too.. see the fin sushi description.

General consensus is that this is a 'nerf' to 2-handed weapons (For example, SE changing the 1STR=1ATT and 1DEX=1ACC around). Reading about it on KI or Alla in the SAM forum will make you hate human beings. Anyone have a reason to believe otherwise? Maybe that if they do change these formulas, that they will only change one, but not both?

It's now a 1.5=1 ratio for both STR and DEX. In other words its in the middle between what it initially was and the first change.

Can you confirm this? I was doing testing on DRK for a while and got something interesting.

From my testing it seems to be a gradient curve value. My base STR was giving me 0.6attack=1STR and my +STR was giving me an average of 0.79attack=1STR. An Example of this was that removing 5STR from my total setup took away 4attack, however removing 10STR took away only 3 more attack, yielding a 0.7attack=STR value. Doing this with more STR gave a value of 0.8 where removing 10STR took away 8 attack. At final value with full +STR gear, I was receiving 1.25attack=1STR.

It seems like the more STR you have the more attack per STR you receive.

Interestingly enough testing on BRD with staff yielded conflicting results. The value seemed to start higher and then drop with more STR.

everyone on BG is saying the value is .75... keep in mind the SE sucks at rounding though.

Wee when I started it said 5 hours to finish and now it's at 3 hours to finish.
But alas I started downloading 5 hours ago.

Catch yall tommorrow unless my net goes out and I have to start again.

Back