Back Again... 6/3/11

pfft Pixie. A few good hours and you will be 90 on all jobs!

And the flip side, Kul and I have great fun w/ Yels and Heie. I retired the Ming and got 90 whm on Abby, almost capped whm merits too!

Now I just have to skill up for the rest of my life :tounge-1:

With abyssea XP, it is a major joke to lvl. Just to sum it real fast for anyone who doesn't know. You have an alliance of people getting XP. You will have to build a XP chain. Its not like the old chains. There is no number like chain 1, 2, ect. As long as you kill just one group of mobs your XP chain will keep growing. There is no time limit between kills either. The XP caps around 600 xp per kill. I say around cause there are some families of mobs that go up to 660 while others only get to say 590. There will also be XP chests that will be opened through out the pt, that is an extra 1250 XP for every top teir XP chest the PT gets. To sum it up. You can get from 75-90 in a single night with an ok abyssea PT. (that is without limit breaks though since your XP chain will reset when you leave the zone to break your lvl cap) The lvl cap quests are a joke now also. You just need kindred seals or crests and merit points to break your lvl cap. You can also get the crests in your abyssea xp pt. Most pts don't care if you lot them if you need them for limit break quests. With limit break quests you can go from 75-90 in 2-3 nights of XPing easy.

Abyssea XP is better XP per hour then astral flow burning.

To add to what Heie said, if you exp in Heroes zones, you can also add in Dominion Ops for an extra 2-4k exp ever 5 mobs, making it even faster.
I leveled a Faye's WHM from 37-90 in 2 parties, without DOs, it's super easy. I usually let ppl leech exp if they open chests while I farm KIs with Cataclysm.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dom Ops. On top of the extra xp, cruor, and notes you get from doing DOs. Once every game day you have a random chance of getting a body or hand seals for the +1 versions of AF3 armor. So you get to upgrade your armor while you XP.

If I'm ever on hit me up I actually had to start a new account because last one got hacked and Square wouldnt give it back even after I called so i lvled a totally new toon lol. Nerftaru is the name

So far we have nothing but a movie maybe this weekend so we should be able to get on for a bit. I'll make sure dave gets the expansions before then.

Is there any time when people are always on?

Kulgan, Abby, and I are usually on some on the weekends. Heie has been some too lately. I would say the most likely time on the weekends would be between like 2pm est and 10pm est. During the week if I log on it will generally be from around 6 est to midnight. Let me know though if you guys are going to be on and I will try to be on to level with you and help you out with whatever :eek:

Kulgan, Abbylu, Yelsae, and myself are still doing stuff on XI. Abyssea is a lot of fun and IMO the best expansion to come out since CoP. Have been busy with RL stuff as of late but we still do stuff. If anyone decided to come back I would be more then happy to show some people around and help out if I am online. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say this? I did Abyssea on day 1 and never again, so people still had no idea what was going on. But I loved CoP because of the difficulty and the storyline. Abyssea makes everything easier to level at least, which is awesome, but is the storyline pretty good too?

If you complete all Aby quests it fills in a lot of blanks as to what is what, then the Abyssea final boss (Shiryu) quest line ties CoP, WotG together in the CSs. There aren't a lot of CSs in the expansion, though, and it's not structured like CoP at all.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say this? I did Abyssea on day 1 and never again, so people still had no idea what was going on. But I loved CoP because of the difficulty and the storyline. Abyssea makes everything easier to level at least, which is awesome, but is the storyline pretty good too?

While Abyssea does make everything easier. You can still do stuff low manned which is still a challenge. Some of these abyssea nms are hard but you can still take them with 4 people. In terms of story, like Fodder said. It ties everything together. While the story wasn't very in depth it is still interesting (at least I thought it was) and the amount of content with all 3 expansions is huge. I still like CoP more the abyssea but I like all 3 of the abyssea expansions together better then any other expansion. This is just my opinion though.

Ara was always a sucker for story but then so was I :D

Might have to come back just for the story...

WHO ORDERED THE BONER WITH CHEESE?

I've pondered reactivating. I wonder if Furax even exists still.

Was thinking about y'all today, came to see if the site was up - and harro - it's up! ( It wasn't the last time I checked )

Been wanting to get back to FFXI lately. Last time I reactivated, though, I had peoples harassing me with their mules o_O

Last edited:
With their mules? That's dumb.

:x

We might actually get online again sometime. We keep meaning too, and then having something pop up. If we try this weekend it would be Sunday - Sat is already gobbled up by real life.

Just so's you don't think we are hiding from you, Kul and I will be MIA starting the 16th til at least the 25th.
I'm taking my lap top with me, but idk if I'll be able to log on whilst on vacation.
The Abby will be back in hel...I mean VA. August 4!

If I start again it'll probably be in August or so, cause the rest of this month is pretty busy for me. It's con season, and I'm also traveling a bit. So...lots of work for me. o.ov

Don't think I have time for MMO's at all anymore... Especially starting in September... Lol. School + work full-time!

Eticket is one of the random cancelled accounts. :/ He's trying to start it up again, but it's being stupid.

So, hopefully we'll be on this weekend.

Edited to say it looks like he's all fixed up. fun times. :)

Back