Windower Suspensions?

From POL Site:

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of this third-party tool.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

hrmm... i wonder...

/sea all banbhan, kawafucknut unime ladys etc...

whats the verdict??

still there

reading that forum it looks like it's just because people are using another program aside from windower ,

Last edited:
so basically i have 8 hours of anticipation just to get home and have my account banned :( *praying that its not*

I'm online now, Kawa, Unime and other are not there.

I'm going to watch Ulli camp via /sea and see how the day goes.

RancorDen group is there and SSG group isnt there.

We'll see what happens.... the six accounts I own or have access to are not-banned/suspended.

apparently they can't detect windower , i think it's people who used POS.exe and fleetool, according to the post that garret has up there on the forums i checked and most of them either ran 1 or more chars on 1 pc, fleetool or pos.exe whatever the hell those are.

according to the thread that garret posted most of them had either previously used the glitch or was using @ the time, and even if they had like 3 accounts i guess they traced back to the IP and suspended based on , IP or maybe credit card info.....
so i don't think it's windower i think it people who are running around faster then they are supposed to be.

I personally like the post by the one guy saying his accounts were suspeneded and the only time he had ever pos.exe'd was to get to a coffer behind a banishing gate & that that isn't even an infraction.

Yup, blatantly cheating and warping behind a door is totally legit game tactics.

I pretty much assume people complaining about bans so far simply don't want to admit they use stuff, or have stuff installed, besides windower. As far as I'm concerned anyone using Mr. Argus or fleetool or w/e deserves banning.

well i am really scared because i use a program so i know when BP timer is up so i can get max amount of BPs out instead of hitting or missing casting an avatar and sitting there for 10seconds not being able to use a BP. i think it is stupid there is no way to see BP timer without having an avatar out anyways, but if i am banned i guess i'll find something else to do =/

jinxy said:
well i am really scared because i use a program so i know when BP timer is up so i can get max amount of BPs out instead of hitting or missing casting an avatar and sitting there for 10seconds not being able to use a BP. i think it is stupid there is no way to see BP timer without having an avatar out anyways, but if i am banned i guess i'll find something else to do =/

I doubt it Jinxy, I left an account logged in all night watching for Tiamat and it was fine this morning when I woke up. I logged it out when I left for work. Don't sweat it.

I'm glad to see that they are taking measures against this finally. It was going unchecked for a long time. I would honestly be sad if they did go after Windower users though, I enjoy not getting kicked out by a program that likes to shift focus.

It's kind of hard to justify to myself how Windower can be okay and those others can't, lol. It's just one of those things that you can't really get in a discussion about without someone pointing out that it's a third party app as well.

well the only thing windower really does is open up opportunities to make your life easier... eventhough some of those have malicious intent to kill the balancing of the game(warping around or w/e the cheat does) lol

it would be amusing if there were a "Matter of Record" type section on POL.com... where you could see a list of people who have been suspended, banned, warned, etc... that would make a nice morning coffee read...

I don't even use windower myself but in and of itself it doesn't actually 'cheat'.

Being able to minimize the game so you can answer an IM, look at a map of a zone, look up a thread topic while you are LFG, etc, etc are completely benign. It's the people who need windower to be able to turn on actual hacks that give it a bad name.

Granted windower itself is still a 3rd party program and is technically 'illegal' but I seriously doubt SE is dumb enough to go after the use of it, if they can even tell when it is being used.

Aelfinn said:
it would be amusing if there were a "Matter of Record" type section on POL.com... where you could see a list of people who have been suspended, banned, warned, etc... that would make a nice morning coffee read...

OMG! I so agree with that.... like reading the blotter in the newspaper in the morning!

used to read it in college, over my morning cup o'joe... would see who of my friends got arrested the previous night for lord knows what ...

one of my favorites was: "Public nudity, trespassing and disrupting college tour functions"

Back