What is everyones favorite top 10 Anime

BTW Meli, I just kinda noticed... In your signature, is that the Benediction animation in the center background area? Sorta looks like it...

Last edited:
anyone ever watch Akira? =P classic...nuff said

btw aluc, do you feel you relate to the main character in ai mai me strawberry eggs? i think you two are very very similar :bfg:

Jotaru said:
As far as I know, from what I've heard around, Evangelion's budget program got scrapped at the end, thus ruining its ability to portray the story as it wanted to T_T Still a great series in my opinion.

Also, my first real Anime series I watched (I'm not a huge anime fan, not by choice, more by time restriction... Anime is fawking hawt) is Escaflowne... That was damned cool XD Though the movie sucked ass... Wasn't anything like the series, just more gore.

The Escaflowne movie is one of my favorites (though I'm to understand it's different than the series?)

Also, Akira is another of my favorites I forgot to list.

EDIT: Ekan you posted just before I did about Akira >_O

wow, someone other than me watched Marmalade Boy... >.>;;

I liked Flame of Recca pretty well but they would have done better to have stuck with the manga script (though maybe they had no choice, I'm not sure how the time frames line up). Flame of Recca manga was nuts^^.

Now what they need to do is make anime of Death Note..... damn that would rule.

-benny

1) Scryed (A)
2) Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (M)
3) Hajime no Ippo (M)
4) Devilman (M)
5) Getter Robo (A/M)
6) Mazinger (M)
7) Detective Conan (A)
8) Eyeshield 21 (A/M)
9) Lupin III (A)
0) Berserk (A/M)

A>nime M>anga

<3 Hotblooded animes

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

- Jotaro

Moravius said:
The Escaflowne movie is one of my favorites (though I'm to understand it's different than the series?)

Extremely different, for example:
Hitomi is really cheery and happy in the show and near suicidal in the movie. Van is kinda clumsy and not nearly as bad-ass in the show compared to the movie. There are many changes in how the Escaflowne works as well... Really too many changes to list. Both are good though.

Koul said:
Yeah... evangelion is really... akward... the last like 2 episodes didn't really fit it to me... was still pretty good though

Ah Evangelion is so great... the last two episodes are odd and I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not because of budget cuts. The directer is really odd and didn't want a real ending... Just look at End of Evangelion... Talk about being different and depressing. I actually found the shows ending to work better and to be rather uplifting.

Xerlaoth said:
Case Closed.

Pwn

Detective Conan... Nub. :p

Yeah Evangelions ending was pretty uplifting and stuff but.... I dono wasnt what I expected lol

one animes ending I was pissed about immensly was InuYashas ending..... now I havnt seen the 4th movie which may correlate with the end of the anime but... I hated the way they ended inuyasha.... I know the creater didn't want it to just end and stuff... still wanted to leave some "story" in there but at least finish it somehow @_@ jesus tap-dancing christ...

Grave of the Fireflies was the saddest anime I ever saw ._. Millenium actress was kinda nice... meow >.> no real point to posting. Why does everyone think it's a curse when I say something is weird? All I mean is out of the norm >.> Vent weirdos is just a fond petname... ^_~ and I know I'm, if more than a little, weird. it's like a 5% girl : boy ratio :p I cry frequently watching anime tho, prolly more than with live action. I've prolly cried like 5 times only halfway through Fushigi Yugi. @_@ Nuriko just died. ;_;

Kung Fu Hustle was awesome!!!! sorry, >.> not even Japanese, but I just watched it. ROFL XD must see. btw I hate people that turn something off because they can't read or can't stand when the mouths don't line up with the words because they couldn't read subtitles ><! I wanna kill them good...

Lol... to be honest I was asking the exact opposite when full metal alchemist first came out. FMP came out first, has a spin-off/sequel, and now a real sequel is coming out. They aren't related, they are both really good shows though.

Shinare said:
Lol... to be honest I was asking the exact opposite when full metal alchemist first came out. FMP came out first, has a spin-off/sequel, and now a real sequel is coming out. They aren't related, they are both really good shows though.

Fumoffu was hilarious, the ghost-house-hospital episode makes me laugh every time.

Is Second Raid any good? I haven't gotten any yet, too much good anime this season! Ueki no Housoku, Gokujou Seitokai, Elemental Jereid, MAR, etc

-benny

To be honest I haven't watched it... I prefer not to watch shows until they are finished... Though I've heard good things, and it has lesbian sisters... so yeah.

Back