Swift Belt NM!

Apollyonzorz

UPDATE!
As of 7/2 this fight is planned for THURSDAY (7/6) at 8 est.
If this time interferes with something let me know.

List of Those Interested or able to help:
Apollyonzorz (War) - Mithra
Talfus (BLM) - Elv
Elvier (Nin) - Elv
Mythlon (THF) - Hum
Sassafras (WHM) - Mith
Koul - (BRD) - Hum
Chimera - (War) - Hum
Duo - (???) - ??? <---- mage job if possible
Onorock (nin) - Galka
Mane - (WHM) - Hum
Rikester - (RDM) - Elv
Acute - (THF) - Helping out
Netgear (rdm) - ELV - helping out
Kalia (BLM) - Mith - helping out

Have lvl 50 gear ready and atleast one stack of sneak oil and gather in Tavnazia a bit early if possible, reraise is probably a good idea too. I'm going to try to have 2 pop sets because i know its not a 100% drop. But if i get mine on the first round i'll donate it to someone who may not have got a drop from thiers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone was going to do this fight anytime soon! Been wanting to do this NM for a while now, and would love to help out if anyone else needs it.

From what i've heard. a party of 10-12 people is prefered with Nin Tanks, and of course a lot of fomor hate. I've also heard that Hume is the best NM to fight, followed by either Mithra or Galka.

I've got a couple friends willing to help, but its always more fun to help others at the same time.

Apollyonzorz (WAr)

Last edited:
I have a pop item. :tounge-1:

sacrificial hume

Hi Mythlon (Hume) has been saving fomor hate for this :) I have pop item and I am sure Sassy will come if Myth and I do ^^ .

me, chim, duo and ono have pops for this... I needa get more hate though ... I can kill those fomors outside for hate right? or is it weird/picky

From what i hear you can go from 0 to full hate with 45 fomor kills

If we can get a group together, 12 or more, it may be easier just to slaughter the 45 or so fomor as part of the mission. Seems like fomor are best killed by groups, cause they are difficult to solo. But i will try to gather some extra myself.

From my count in the forum looks like we have about 10 people for this fight. Including a couple friends of mine. I'll update my first post with a running list.

Why don't we go ahead and plan for Thursday 7/6 at around 8est.

Just have lvl 50 gear ready and atleast one stack of sneak oil and gather in Tavnazia a bit early if possible, reraise is probably a good idea too. I'm going to try to have 2 pop sets because i know its not a 100% drop. But if i get mine on the first round i'll donate it to someone who may not have got a drop from thiers.

What is your Travel time, or how soon can you be on?
I think we'll be mainly gathering hate for the first hour or so. So if you've already got a head start on hate. I don't see it bieng a problem.

Oh and if anyone already has the Key from the NM for mission 4-3 please bring it just incase.

Double checked my calander, I have to log out around 10:15pm EST that night, have prior RL plans that I can't back out of. I'll come along and help on the run, and just try for a belt another time.

Been looking at getting this for a while, have MNK, WAR, SAM AND RDM past 50. Also have thursday off so I can actually attend. Elf too btw >.>

Thurs run

Elvier = PLD or NIN elvaan
Mythlon = THF or SAM or WAR or MNK hume

It looks like we have a good group of people and we should have some great party setups well. we will be working our way in a clockwise fashion through the classrooms. ( Mithra > Galka > (skip Taru) > Elv > Hum > taru) I'd like to avoid the Taru if at all possible he's a SMN and Astral flow is no fun.

I would like to encourage everyone to get some fomor hate before thursday. Either kill the Fomor in the Alzahbi area or the areas outsize Tavnazia. We will be checking our hate as we go once inside.

Current party configs are as follows:
(the names will be filled in when everyone shows up))
If you don't like the job i've indicated on the first post please let me know.
Party One:
NIN / WAR / WAR / THF / WHM / RDM

Party Two:
NIN / WAR / THF / WHM / WHM / BRD

Party Three:
??? /

Basic Battle Strat Advice is welcomed
We will be fighting the NM in a room full of fomor (i.e. the classrooms where you fight the professor from PM 4-3) We will clear the room as fast as possible. We will not have much time to buff up heal up and prep for the NM pop before the next formor pops, so be ready ASAP.

Party One will focus soley on the NM, party two will focus on the NM as long as there are no formor. When a Fomor Pops party two will engage the ADD. If it is possible to pull the NM into a hallway to reduce the amount of agro we will do that. They do have a wide agro range. Based on the fact that Fomor love to suck the TP out of you just burn your WS ASAP. If we do have some BLM's we may try to do a distortion SC at the start of the NM fight followed by a freeze MB, that is if the BLM has the balls.

From what i hear a THF kill increases your chances of getting a belt drop, probably just voodoo, but unless anyone has a problem with this and depending on how crazy the fight is i'd like to try to finish the fight with a thf Kill.

Drops
You will loose all fomor hate when you trade your Codex. The Race of the NM corrisponds to your race, if you have a race that is not fun to fight (i.e. Taru) and there is someone with hate of another race that does not need the Belt, we may have you give your codex to the other member for him to trade, but you will have courtermaster set to you and recieve all drops.

In each classroom the specific Race will random to decide who goes next.

Any subligar and key's that are droped during the Killing of fomor are a free lot, and items of value will be auto distributed.

Please Bring the Following:
Sneak Oils x 12
Reraise Earing

Bah I totally forgot about plans I made from 6-10PM Thursday. I was going to come as THF, so maybe Mythlon can fill that spot instead?

Sorry, I really wish I could go. Maybe I'll get lucky and my plans will fall through (as they always seem to). :x

I'll probably just load up on Fomor hate beforehand, try to rush home before 10, and hope you are still out there when I get back.

Apollyonzorz said:
Current party configs are as follows:
(the names will be filled in when everyone shows up))
If you don't like the job i've indicated on the first post please let me know.
Party One:
NIN / WAR / WAR / THF / WHM / RDM

Party Two:
NIN / WAR / THF / WHM / WHM / BRD

Party Three:
??? /

Basic Battle Strat Advice is welcomed
We will be fighting the NM in a room full of fomor (i.e. the classrooms where you fight the professor from PM 4-3) We will clear the room as fast as possible. We will not have much time to buff up heal up and prep for the NM pop before the next formor pops, so be ready ASAP.

Party One will focus soley on the NM, party two will focus on the NM as long as there are no formor. When a Fomor Pops party two will engage the ADD. If it is possible to pull the NM into a hallway to reduce the amount of agro we will do that. They do have a wide agro range. Based on the fact that Fomor love to suck the TP out of you just burn your WS ASAP. If we do have some BLM's we may try to do a distortion SC at the start of the NM fight followed by a freeze MB, that is if the BLM has the balls.

Just stick tanks in the same party with whm or two, rdm + brd. you shouldn't get adds if you kill all fomor in immediate area before you pop the NM.

WHM is fine. Working tommorrow till 8, but I'll see if I can bribe the guy I'm working with to let me roll early.
I'll try to get all my equips and stuff ready tonight.

Fiko said:
Just stick tanks in the same party with whm or two, rdm + brd. you shouldn't get adds if you kill all fomor in immediate area before you pop the NM.

I see what your saying but the difference between what "shouldn't" happen and what "does" happen is usually what gets everyone killed. For the first couple fights i'd rather have two well balanced parties until we get a feel for how hard these NM's are.

Does anyone know what Duo is? Also if there is anyone willing to come along for the Subligar onry, and you are willing to help fight the NM's you can have the first lot on the subligar of your choice.

i'll probably come to help out, maybe will take BLM subligar if one drops.

Back