Some of these season's goods

Cool thx~

Oh come on, we love multiple personality Sunggs

I actually have no idea what my username, password, or email is on Furax anymore.

Otherwise I would. Also, registration is disabled.

On a side note, SWEET JESUS, Macademi Wasshoi is so so good. SO GOOD.

Val, when you're online, look for me on Daekiljen or Eirasta. Dae is my main, Eirasta is my DK alt.

-Furax

Oh hey, there I am. For the love of GOD; if anyone is into moe, Macademi Wasshoi was MADE for you. It's such a great anime.

You might like Saki. It's basically an excuse to put a lot of cute characters on the screen (they play mahjong as if anyone cares hehe). I really need to see K-on, they did complete that series right? It looks good, I guess Azumanga and Lucky Star really kicked off quite the 4-koma craze in terms of getting stuff animated.

I'm also looking forward to Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou, the books sounded really interesting but I haven't picked them up yet. There should be 4 or 5 episodes of that out already but I tend to wait til a series finishes so I'm not really sure. Also I hear Eden of the East is good stuff but haven't had a chance to catch it yet myself.

Re the Haruhi thing, I'm at the episode right before they begin Endless Eight. That story in the books was really short, but I can imagine what they're doing with it and it seems horrifying. Are they looping through multiples of those 2 weeks? That would be awful and rather pointless <.<.

-benny

Yeah benny, they've so far made 6 episodes of those 2 weeks. Alot of the fansubbing groups have dropped it until the arc is complete.
Another good slice-of-life anime that I finished was Minami-ke. It was really cute and there were a few parts that really made me laugh. If you're looking for a good subbing group, chihiro-subs picked up Yoku. I picked up their widescreen bundle of K-On. They did a really great job with To Love-Ru, s'why I picked them for K-On.
Out of sheer curiosity I started watching Great Teacher Onizuka over on anime-media.com...The show is old (circa 1999) but really friggen good. I need to really slow down on the shows, though. I still have to watch the third OVA for To Love Ru, which came out Monday, as well as catch up on Requiem for the Phantom, and finish Macademi Wasshoi. I just keep getting recommended all these great shows.

Cool Rax.. I'll add ya to the friends list

You might like Suzuka, but I've only read the manga. It's frustrating, but addicting. ^^; A person I know who is really into moe and reads a ton of manga every day recommended this to me as one of his favourites.

Ahhh I love the author of this series but it seemed hard to read. I'm super glad they animated it. It's a lot more cutesy looking than I would have guessed from the name. Thanks for the heads up^^

-benny

It's got lots of style, Benny. It's animated with a lot of hard cuts and scene markers. I really really enjoy it. I suggest grabbing gg's sub over at gg - :schneizeleffort:. Pause the text opening (you'll know what I'm referring to) and read it because it provides a lot of insight into the episode.

Side note, I probably listened to that new OP Renai Circulation about 50 times. It's so adorable.

I tried to search for the lyrics that song and Google suggested "lyrics renal circulation" :/

But yea, just got done watching the first five eps. The humor is very characteristic of Nisio Isin, with all the wordplay and random English mixed in. The end of episode 5 really surprised me and I'm excited to see where this is going.

The same author has a series of mysteries that I've only read the first volume but I really really enjoyed it. They actually have a great English translation of it... I'm not usually impressed by translations but this one impressed me. If you have the time and inclination take a look: Amazon.com: Zaregoto 1: Book 1: The Kubikiri Cycle (9780345504272): NISIOISIN: Books.

-benny

I'll see if I can find it on onemanga or nyaatorrents. Friend of mine here at work suggested I pick up a manga called Ore Tama; ever heard of it? He said it's incredibly funny. Kinda Gintama-esque.

Most of the music is done by a band called Meg Rock, who is pretty damn good. I'm hoping they come out with a full OST from Bakamonogatari soon with all of these songs. If you like them, you should pick up Hitomi Takahashi x Beat Crusaders' new single Wo Ai Ni. That song has been Gintama's ED for a few weeks now and I really like it. The b-side song Coffee Milk is really good, as well.

To give you an idea about Ore Tama, basically this guy takes a piss during an epic battle between some demons, and instead of being sealed in a different ball, the demon lady is sealed in this guy's right nut. The only way to get her out, is for him to jizz. The remainder of the story is this demon queen's minions trying to seduce him and him trying to resist temptation.

Last edited:
Back