Shipping Delays

Zeri

Retainer of the House of Ultimague
What the fuck? You get me all pumped about Wings of the Goddess, and then you get MANUFACTURING DELAYS?!?! Supposedly over some box printing issue? No one gives a shit about your boxes, we care about what's *IN* it. Ship it in a goddamn brown paper bag for all I care. Just make sure to scrawl the registration key on a napkin and throw it in.

I had been planning to spend Black Friday safely holed up in my house leveling dancer. But thanks to your fuck up, NOOOO. I have to go out on fucking Black Friday. I should kiss my car goodbye right now. You have any idea how awful Massachusetts drivers are? I can pull my index finger out of the socket at will thanks to some lady who didn't think stop signs applied to her. And it'll be even worse because not only will they ALL be out, but with the sales, they'll be rabid too!

You wanna know what Black Friday at Shoppers' World is gonna look like? This is what it's gonna look like!

dead_rising1.jpg

DR360_04.jpg

And for making me go out in that hell hole of a zombiefest I say: FUCK YOU!!

Next time save the hassle entirely and just let us download the damn expansion like, dare I say, Blizzard did. Just go online, put in credit card info, and download. Not only do you save us poor American souls the torment of the worst shopping day of the year, but you also make yourself more clink clink because you don't have to actually manufacture or ship anything. Case solved.

Though I'm sure at the rate you folks are going getting a Windowed version just now, you might poorly implement downloading as an option in another 8 years. Jerks.

Yeesssss I'm registered... fuck you SE

Zeri, check the BG boards. You can download the EU PC version from a torrent. all you need then is to get your hands on a PS2 or xbox360 version of the game for it's registration code

I bought a PS2 expansion version and the code works for my PC

the thread will tell you how to turn the EU into something useful for NA's

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26351&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

follow the directions Calinz posted

Last edited:
No word from EBgames yet on my order. I have a feeling I wont be getting it for a while.

Is anyone purchasing the game for multiple systems and could give me a reg. code? I already DL'd WotG ISO, so I could just install it from that and use someones extra reg. code.

You're getting it?!? DOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell if I'm an addict or a whore that right now I'd be willing to suck your cock for the registration code. Maybe both. (._.)a

I'm extremely unhappy with this as well, for every reason Zeri listed. >_<

In addition, it's not like FFXI is like any other game that's being released this week. Mass Effect or Uncharted (amazing game btw) got delayed? The gaming experience will be just the same a few days later. WotG gets delayed for US PC customers? Every PS2, Xbox, and non-US player is going to get to play earlier than us in a world we all share.

We lose trail-breaking and gil-making opportunities. Who wants to be the first to visit a new area? Sorry, won't be a US PC player. Selling new loot while it's fresh and in high demand? Oops, can't get those items.

Black Friday is just the arsenic icing on our cyanide cupcakes. I live 1 mile from the edge of the busiest shopping area in the entire county, and I've got 2 more miles of it to drive through before I reach the store I preordered from. Wait no, not the store, the mall parking lot. So after fighting through the worst traffic in town on the busiest shopping day ever, fighting for a parking space, and squeezing through huge mall crowds to pick up my copy, I have to do it all again in reverse. For a store 3 miles away, I'll be shocked if it takes me under 90 minutes to accomplish. >_<

Like I said in the other thread, this is a normal, major holiday and one that SE would need to plan for because of US call center employees being off. They should have pushed the expansion a week forward or back. At least then the manufacturing problem would be a big disappointment instead of a huge disaster.

Every PS2, Xbox, and non-US player is going to get to play earlier than us in a world we all share.

The guy at EB said SE was going to delay the unlocking of the new material over this. So in this case, misery gets company. I'd be just as pissed off if I were an XBox or PS2 customer because I HAD bought it, and then couldn't use it because they held it back due to dropping the ball on the PC end. It sucks for EVERYONE.

Brown paper bags I tell ya, they shoulda just gone with brown paper bags.

The guy at EB said SE was going to delay the unlocking of the new material over this.
I don't see anything on playonline.com about this, so I'm guessing they don't really know.

Oh yeah, and if the manufacturing delays actually were because of some incorrect Vista labeling, I'll have yet another reason to be ticked at Microsoft over the whole Vista issue. >_<

Ok, this is the 3rd post I'm making in a row, but this is the Rant forum and I think I'm entitled. ^_^;;

I just called UPS to check on a rumor, and they do not ship anything via ground on the day after Thanksgiving. That means *nothing*, whether it's to individual consumers or to store outlets. And when I called my local GameStop, guess who does their shipping? That's right, UPS.

When I talked to GameStop about it, and they said it might come via Air shipment (which UPS does deliver that day). But if it doesn't and it was sent by ground, I can't get my pre-ordered copy until Monday.

Or more likely, I'll wait until Monday to cancel the pre-order, having picked it up from somewhere else Friday or over the weekend. :p

*Angry kitteh is angry*

You have any idea how awful Massachusetts drivers are?

*adds it to my stalkers handbook*

Black Friday is just the arsenic icing on our cyanide cupcakes.

I lol'd

But really, im just waiting to get mine on friday evening. I have a friend who works at gamestop here in my hometown (home for turkey day) and she's just going to bring it by after she gets off. Maybe by then people will have figured out how to unlock dancer/scholar. I wish you all luck in getting your copy asap though.

Gamestop is rooting through boxes for me as we speak, I'm going get a refund on my PC version to buy 2 PS2 copies. Can someone get that EU torrent and host it for us somewhere with instructions?

I spoke to GameStop here in Kansas and they didn't expect until Monday for the same shipping reasons; plus some because... well, hell, this is Kansas. Shipping moves slow here--we still employ donkeys and horses instead of trucks.

Downloading torrent; the biggest pain is the update; if that's out of the way, ehh.. that's a bit of a compromise. I think, maybe...

@Zeri : Yeah, I'm not sure the world understands the madness of Black Friday. People DIE on Black Friday from being trampled to death in the stores. It's suicide to actually travel out. wtb downloads--we already spend hours downloading, just add in the 2 files that don't get updated and call it good!

That's a good plan. Who lives close by? We need video! Live footage of the Shoppers' World raid.

Zeri was always wanting to summon an Alliance; now's the time!

lol. i get mine on dec 13th...

Back