Samurai

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
1188271491_57h1lXWTb07sEsr.jpg

Qutrub, whokares. Was in Beseiged where I normally hit for like 500. No crazy buffs, think I had the Acc and Att+ from the drinks. Maybe the extra attributes, forgot :(

Also, for people not spamming refresh on the BlueGartr forums:

It seems the '2H Change' that went into effect is that all gear-based stats give twice their normal bonus... Normally, 1 STR = .5 Attack, so 2STR=1Attack. With a 2H weapon equipped, every gear based STR you have gives an attack... 2STR=2Attack. As such, base Attack on 2H users is much much higher, I'm looking at about 500 unbuffed on my Samurai, and I know some DRK's who are freaking out at their 500-600 before food/bard.

Also - some people are currently doing some more testing, but it seems the DEX:ACC relation works the same way. What this would mean is that instead of 2DEX:1ACC, you'd be looking at 2DEX:2ACC. Kirin's Osode? 10 ACC. Byakko's Haidate? 15ACC. (Assuming you have a 2H Weapon equipped) Of course, this is still not 100% for sure tested and confirmed, but is very exciting nonetheless. The attack part, however, is confirmed.

Just a small update, it has been confirmed, when wielding a 2H weapon, 1 DEX = 1 ACC... talk about insane.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22740

download.php

download.php

download.php

Long story short, with +4 Acc, they are regular. With +5 Acc, they are low evasion. With +5 DEX, they are low evasion. Thus, 5DEX = 5ACC, and 1DEX=1ACC. Using the old formula (2DEX=1ACC), with the 5DEX he'd have +2.5 ACC, and it wouldn't con low evasion, as he needed more than 4 to get it to con low evasion.

Yea, its pretty ridiculously easy to hit both Attack and Accuracy caps now, or damn near it. Less used pieces of gear are now on-par or better than other pieces. Thunder Rings > Sniper's Rings... etc. Its nuts how much pure STUFF got changed in this patch... Its ridiculous. I'm kinda pre-emptively fearing a nerfbat incoming, but hopefully not... Either way, melee sounds a lot more viable at HNM's now, /SAM or /DRK or /WAR. Apparently even /THF isn't helping Yuki/Gekko/Kasha anymore, you can just go WAR, max out Overwhelm, and smack Faf in the face for 1500. Can't wait to see how it works out against Gods / Kirin, as we supposedly have an additional boost on higher level mobs as well.

Just curious, how come we haven't heard any complaining from thiefs and the added bonus to 2 handed weapons. Wouldn't the increase in stats based be very effective for thiefs with SATA? Too bad no 2 handed weapons for thief. I might break out my ranger tonight, haven't used it in about 8 months, and see how rng/sam with vulcan staff and see how the Agil on S.Kote play in.

So in other words the Agility from S. Kote won't increase Racc when using a 2 handed weapon? So then it would be safe to assume that the +Mnd on S. Sune Ate won't increase Holy Bolt additional more. But str will be increased on att?

There's also some information currently out hinting that SA and TA might actually take DEX and AGI into account in boosting dmg when THF is subbed now, too. No confirmed 100% testing yet, but its hinted in some general WS testing.

There's also some information currently out hinting that SA and TA might actually take DEX and AGI into account in boosting dmg when THF is subbed now, too. No confirmed 100% testing yet, but its hinted in some general WS testing.

A single Sneak Attack on a Ronfaure rabbit as SAM/THF would settle it once and for all, if you care to provide :p

A single Sneak Attack on a Ronfaure rabbit as SAM/THF would settle it once and for all, if you care to provide :p

Yeah, yeah, I'll go test it. Been too lazy. Need at least two sneak attacks tho, methinks :p With varying DEX. Need to find a way to alter my DEX that doesnt affect my STR though :/ And I don't have Byakko's Haidate!

Disproven, unless the damage cap on TWTBW mobs is preventing me from getting an accurate assessment. I'm hitting 750 completely naked with just Hagun at 100TP, 750 with Sneak Attack with same setup, and 750 with Sneak Attack with just Myochin Kote equipped (+4 DEX). It might vary with higher level mobs? i.e. if the game is trying to give me more damage with the DEX addition, but its above the dmg cap and truncated? Not sure how the new system works so can't say for sure...

Though, people are saying SA doesn't stack with SAM WS anymore, but that again could just be a side effect of the damage cap on weak mobs and the ability to hit pDIF cap without SA (same reason a normal hit will do the same damage as a critical hit). However, some guy claimed to be hitting an even number more with a set number of DEX added... so not sure. This test does indicate its false, however.

Back