PromathiaYuuetsu: Chapter 5 -- Continued -- August 22, 2006

I need the tracker BC, have THF or BST levelled, and have two siredons.

Just for the confirmation:

So far I have for this:

Cati
Elvier
Nekio
Ashandarei
Sophiel

People that are helping:

Fodder
Vanyel

Likely will take Vanyel so fodder can use Soph -- Vanyel will flow the kitteh's.

Jobs to be decided tomorrow before BC.

WE WILL BE DOING:

Snoll Tzar
Mithra Trackers
Bug Bear

Gather together time remains at 8:00 PM EST.

Bump for participants.

Please be on-time with gear, meds & items for BC.

ORDER OF OPERATIONS FOR TONIGHT:

1. Level 50 Cap = Mithra Trackers

2. Warp Home / Change out gear for Level 60 cap gear.

3. Head to Oldton for Bugbear BC. (We'll use Snow Lily's, Gamble or Tears to get to BC.

4. At the conclusion of the Bugbear BC, We'll head to Bastok Metalworks for CS with Cid.

5. Get Gold Keys for CS (Warp back to BC area with same method mentioned above.) Trade Gold Key to shaft for CS. (Cati has one Gold Key already) -- Fodder, please plan on bringing Fodder to help drop keys quickly... I'll bring THF, Nekio can too.

6. Return to Cid for CS. By this time, 2 Hours should have been reset as Sassa stated above.

7. Off to Uleg. Range, Make sure you have your Salts, Potions --- I will provide Icarus Wings to melee people. If you have /SAM --- please bring that as SJ. (Melee)

8. After the sucesful completion of the Snoll Tzar BC, Return to Bastok Metalworks for CS with Cid.

CHAPTER 5 COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to CHAPTER 6.

We'll discuss what to do about Chapter 6 tonight depending on time left over. Let's get started ASAP tonight!!!

Thanks everyone!

I have a Gold Key already too. So at least that is one less ^^.

I'm set with lvl 50 and 60 gear for THF... I hope that's what you were planning on me bringing lol. I'm stocked up on pots, a salt, and two siredons as well. I'm logged off in Whitegate, and may not be online until very shortly before 8PM, but as soon as I'm on I'll be ready to go.

P.S. We don't need any special meds for these as melee do we?

I'm set with lvl 50 and 60 gear for THF... I hope that's what you were planning on me bringing lol. I'm stocked up on pots, a salt, and two siredons as well. I'm logged off in Whitegate, and may not be online until very shortly before 8PM, but as soon as I'm on I'll be ready to go.

P.S. We don't need any special meds for these as melee do we?

Hmm... If you sub NIN, I'd have some Echo drops.... but if you are true THF, you carry sleep bolts and echo drops for emergencies. ;)

Anyhow, whatever you feel comfortable with. With the Trackers, we'll just keep them together for the FLOW. Maybe I should bring THF too for Perfect Dodge.... Will think about that. Key is keeping them together.

Bugbear is really cake, not too bad..... Snoll Tzar, we'll, haha.... yeah....

So MY personal list of favorites:

Remedy
Echo Drops
Silent Oils
Prism Powders/Tonko
Hi-Potions / X-Potions / Vile Elixir (Poor to Rich....)
MP/HP Regen Foods/Drinks
Poison Pots (Avoid Sleep)
Reraisers (Gorget/Earring/Instant Reraise/Rod)

Thank you everyone for a VERY successful run:

We completed Mithra Trackers & Bugbear BC.

The Snoll Tzar was a bit difficult with our party configuration.

We will be repeating SNOLL TZAR at 8:00 PM Wednesday evening. We will be looking fo RDM's and BLM's to assist in defeating the snoll Tzar.

We are planning two runs to get everyone through.

Everything else went very smoothly and gather time was excellent.

See you all tomorrow evening!!!

Special Thanks to Tarja and Faye for offering their help, it was certainly appreciated even though we didn't need it after Ashmus signed on. ;)

Salts

I looked at the log of the Snoll fight and out of 5 salts, I think 2 worked. Numbers were rambling around in my head so I decied to make you all go crazy with me:
  1. The battle is 45 seconds long
  2. It takes ~ 10-15 seconds to use a salt. ( First you see message.. Player1 uses a Shu'Meyo Salt. AFTER the salt is finally actually used (10-15 sec) you see message the snoll begins to melt.)
  3. The salt adds 15 seconds to battle time (After 15 seconds it wears off and we see message .. "Snoll shakes off salt")
  4. Every 15 seconds into the battle (unless salt is used then timer is set back 15 seconds) you see the message "Steam coming from snoll" (or something like that) This is a "warning" that snoll is growing. If a salt is used sometime in here then the time stops. For example: Snoll gets 5 seconds w/o salt.. use salt. Does time reset and you get a full 15 seconds after the salt wears off? Or do you now get 10 seconds after the salt wears off before he grows again? Who knows :eek:
What happened to us is this:
  1. After Invincible, I used salt.. (about 10 sec into battle I start)
  2. A little while later player2 starts using salt. But I think started before the message "Snoll starts to melt" So this salt did nothing.
  3. We see message "snoll shakes off salt" So another is thrown in. And we see message Snoll begins to melt so that one worked.
  4. 2 more salts are thrown in at later time.. but never got a chance to work
I tried to figure this out but need a blasted time line to do it.
  • 45 seconds Start battle
  • 40 seconds Start throwing in 1st salt
  • 30 seconds See "Steam coming out of Snoll"
  • 25 seconds Salt finally hits snoll and see "Snoll melting" and player 2 starts throwing 2nd salt
  • +15 TE
  • 40 seconds
  • 25 seconds See message "Snoll shakes off salt"
  • 25 seconds 2nd salt finally hits snoll See "snoll is melting" player 3 starts throwing 3rd salt
  • +15 TE
  • 40 seconds
As you can see.. you could keep this up forever except for the fact the snoll is beating the ever loving crap out of you and it is impossible to hit the timing just right. If you wait to see message Snoll shakes off salt to start to throw the next one, then only 2 salts can be used.

Also, for the 15 seconds you are messing with salt you are not doing any damage.. and can not do anything else like keep your shadows up. Also, 1/4 to 1/3 your time in this battle is spent waiting for salt to go off.

I wish I had had the time to actually time how long it takes to use one of the salts. But in a 45 sec battle, no way I had time to do that. If you are fairly conservative and wait to see the messsage "The snoll begins to melt" then count to 5 or something and start using next salt:
  • 45 seconds Battle starts
  • 40 seconds Start using 1st salt
  • 30 seconds "Steam coming out of snoll"
  • 25 seconds Salt hits and see "Snoll melting"
  • +15 TE
  • 40 seconds
  • 35 seconds Start using 2nd salt
  • 25 seconds "Snoll shakes off salt"
  • 20 seconds 2nd salt hits "Snoll melting" ( 5 sec no salt?)
  • +15 TE
  • 35 seconds
  • 30 seconds Start using 3rd salt
  • 20 seconds "Snoll shakes off salt
  • 15 seconds 3rd salt hits "Snoll melting" (5 sec no salt?)
  • +15 TE
  • 30 sec
  • 25 seconds Start using 4th salt
  • 15sec "Snoll shakes off salt"
  • 10 seconds 4th salt hits "Snoll melting" (5 sec no salt?)
  • 10 seconds "Steam coming our of snoll"
  • +15 TE
  • 25 seconds
  • 20 seconds start using 5th salt
  • 10 seconds "Snoll shakes off salt"
  • 5 seconds 5th salt hits snoll "Snoll melting"
  • +15 TE
  • 20 seconds
  • 15 seconds start using 6th salt
  • 5 seconds "Snoll shakes off salt"
  • 0 all done :p 6th never hits
These are my thoughts:

We used 2 salts and realistically with the damage we were taking I doubt we could have lasted any longer even if more salts had hit. We all used Hi-pots, regen drinks etc and Soph used benediction.

The time spent locked waiting for salts to process could be put to better use doing damage.

So perhaps let Soph use her salt first since she gets busy curing us all. Then have tank use one? But NIN may have trouble keeping shadows and using one so if NIN tank let another player use one or let the NIN start BC by throwing a salt in at the beginning to start the BC. I think you have to be engaged to get them to work though.. not sure if you can start throwing it like mages do with casting spells.

Have a 3rd salt and if things look good, throw that one in if there is time.

Now maybe I can get some sleep. Stupid numbers just kept rolling around in my head :tounge-1:

My only thought was... Soph was tied up for ~10 sec while using salt. This was after you had already used Invincible and had used your salt. You got rocked in that time, since the WHM was out of business. From what I saw, as soon as Soph landed the salt, Benediction was used (for good reason... we were all in the red) and pulled hate easily, promptly eating dirt. As soon as Soph went down, the battle was essentially over, since the Snoll was astill at 1/3 HP (hence my "Run Away!?" in /p).

The way I see it is, either the tank or the WHM can use salt, but if you try to have both use one, you're going to run into a problem with too much damage from the Snoll, even with Invincible. The salts just take too long to activate.

Personally, I can't go as anything but THF/SAM or BST/SAM (I think THF has more damage potential) and while I was able to put out two DEs for decent damage, and had two more on the way if we had lived another 15 seconds or so, the time in between WSes I was doing jack squat for damage. I have no problem being a salter. As you said, we can only really use three or so before we wipe.

I would think that the best way to do it would be:

PLD tank uses first salt > DD or RDM uses second salt > DD or RDM uses third salt

...with DDs going before RDMs so they can all get Chainspell off. We really want to keep mages away from the Snoll... those AOEs hurt a lot (~250dmg).

Bump!

Need some RDM's and BLM's for this tonight!

We have 1 RDM (Boots) -- 2 more RDM and 1 BLM would be Ideal.

We will do 1 group, wait for 2 hours to reset, rinse, repeat for 2nd group.

IF they can get it done without two hours, that would speed things up --- however, I doubt this is the case.

We have salts / cores.

If you are bored RDM or BLM, meet us in Whitegate around 8:00 PM EST tonight. See Elvier, Sassa, Jobber, Aa, Cati, Soph for a pearl.

Bump!

Need some RDM's and BLM's for this tonight!

We have 1 RDM (Boots) -- 2 more RDM and 1 BLM would be Ideal.

We will do 1 group, wait for 2 hours to reset, rinse, repeat for 2nd group.

IF they can get it done without two hours, that would speed things up --- however, I doubt this is the case.

We have salts / cores.

If you are bored RDM or BLM, meet us in Whitegate around 8:00 PM EST tonight. See Elvier, Sassa, Jobber, Aa, Cati, Soph for a pearl.
Bring 52 lvl 1 CORs!

Back