Parrying or Attn: Kalia and Archain

Enhancing works the same way as curing does mate.

Enhancing works the same way as curing does mate.

Well, someone mentioned that the generals buff themselves and if Protect I "has no effect", then you wouldn't get the skill-up. I'll give it a go next run.

You can spam it on yourself but use a bar spell for less MP but yeah you don't get the same type of skillups you would like in besieged hehe.

I know the mithra NPC buffs herself but i can't say i've seen the others cast protect on themselves.

Has anyone tried with something like Protect to raise enhancing magic?

I've done PLD/RDM, usually if I was taking airships or a boat somewhere and was not going to AFK waiting for it. Then I would just stand there and cast all the bar-element spells on myself, from the magic menu. I can't remember if they overwrite, or if I was cancelling, it was pretty tedious.

That said, I'm only at 160-ish enhancing for now.

Barelement spells work nicely for raising enhancing, though they do take a long time. If you want to spend a while working on it, run yourself out of mp casting them and then either zone in/out of a mog house or switch jobs at a nomad moogle. Instant mp reset, and you can continue the mind-numbing casting.

I did enhancing in Besieged as well. I just got lucky and no one was buffing my general who just sat there the whole time for 2 besieged.

Last night I took Divine from 140 to 168 on Besieged mobs but then they shut the server off so I couldn't get the last 3 levels to cap (60 RDM).

Last edited:
After carefully reading all this, I have come to the conclusion that Fodder/Archain and Defiant all love men. I will direct you to the PM button with my erection.

I did enhancing in Besieged as well. I just got lucky and no one was buffing my general who just sat there the whole time for 2 besieged.

Last night I took Divine from 140 to 168 on Besieged mobs but then they shut the server off so I couldn't get the last 3 levels to cap (60 RDM).

Mihli I assume?

There's something not quite right about AI pathing in Besieged. Many times the monsters will completely ignore Mihli while sometimes she's the first to die. Whats wierd is that mobs spawn after a majority of the people leave that area. However... I do know that if you take one monster and bring it to Mihli and the 5 other troops she has with her, they will take it down faster than 50 gazillion of us mercenaries beating down on it.

People should take them to the general and just cure the NPC.

Also can go to Rabao and stand near Moogle. When you are out of MP form casting Barspells, just job change quickly and keep going. Would save you the hassle of zoning in and out.

~Pitlith

After carefully reading all this, I have come to the conclusion that Fodder/Archain and Defiant all love men. I will direct you to the PM button with my erection.

Still waiting....

You still haven't sent me the one with it covered in Vegemite :google:

More thoughts.

So, is a THF/NIN with capped evasion, shield (wielding Tatami) and parrying pretty much the most indestructible thing in the game vs. non-magical targets?

Has anyone done THF/PLD to get Undead Killer, equipped a Tatami Shield and an Arcana earring to get all Simon Belmont-ed up and beat the shit out of skeletons?

I took some of my own advice and did PLD for a little while. I've currently got capped shield at level 65 on PLD @ 227 (which places me above all other jobs in terms of overall shield skill except for WAR @ 230 shield cap).

The Healing NPCs in Besieged trick works and actually shotguns your healing skill level nicely. I went ahead and capped it for PLD use in order to lessen the chance of interruption of my cures when partying.

Divine just caps without worrying about it.

Shield I had with a start in the 100's using the afk skillup method with multiple regen items as THF/WHM. There are items out there like the Presidential Hairpin, Garden Bangles, Snakeeye, Orochi Nodowa, and /WHM subjob (or BLU now with spellsets) that can help you gear up for an afk skillup. Come back and check on it every now and then so you don't die. I only used to do this when I was cleaning up, prepping food, or doing laundry.

With shield starting at the 100 mark, it's been keeping itself capped with every level.

Parry is actually starting to go up again and noticed a few skillups on my COR the last time I really partied with it. I intend to try to focus on Parry skillups soon with COR instead of THF due to COR's "D" rating in evasion and "A-" skill in parry. Only THF, NIN, SAM, and COR can take parry higher currently.

I'm at 58 PLD with 177 shield (overtaken by evasion) and 120 parrying. More to come. ^^

I finally finished off PLD and decided to skill it up all the way for BLU and WAR. I didn't realize I'd have so much fun playing the job. My original plan was to just get it to 60 or so to complete the AF and maybe cap shield skill for THF and RDM.

PLD-Small.JPG

I cleared the Club of Trials by doing 300 Moonlights while skilling it up, I still have to beat the Black Halo WSNM in Ro'maeve though, lol.

I'm wasn't sure if Moonlight/Starlight could break latents using the same rules. Those two weaponskills can be performed at max engage range on yourself <ME>and you aren't considered hostile to the enemy when you do it. I'm pretty sure you could Meditate and perform Starlight repeatedly without ever swinging at an enemy if you really wanted to.

I finally finished off PLD and decided to skill it up all the way for BLU and WAR. I didn't realize I'd have so much fun playing the job. My original plan was to just get it to 60 or so to complete the AF and maybe cap shield skill for THF and RDM.

PLD-Small.JPG

I cleared the Club of Trials by doing 300 Moonlights while skilling it up, I still have to beat the Black Halo WSNM in Ro'maeve though, lol.

I'm wasn't sure if Moonlight/Starlight could break latents using the same rules. Those two weaponskills can be performed at max engage range on yourself <ME>and you aren't considered hostile to the enemy when you do it. I'm pretty sure you could Meditate and perform Starlight repeatedly without ever swinging at an enemy if you really wanted to.
I'm going to have to try that for Black Halo, Thanks! Will let you know how it turns out. :shades02:

I know it'll work, I just don't know who would want to clear it that way, lol.

If you ever join a skillup party in the future and didn't get a chance to use your TP, try it out once. Engage an enemy backwards or at extremely long range and dump TP using Moonlight. It's kinda neat and some people will wonder what the hell you just did.

I'll do it, just because I like doing things on my own when I can. Also I'll be doing this as WHM, everyone kinda expects the whm to cure instead of skillup when in a skillup party... weird I know.:eek:

I finally finished off PLD<me>

You frighten me sometimes, man.

Still chugging along merrily. 66 PLD and rising. Shield not quite capped and parrying at 131.

</me>

Back