New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

i'd be inclined to think of it in the same light as how mobs build resistance to gravity/sleep/bind/etc...

if the "wear off" time isnt too huge compared to how quick the resistance rises, bahamut v2 might not be too badly effected. given we push in 10% increments, and there is always some wait time where no spells are hitting it.

Jasmin said:
The only thing that is going to change for SMN is tire II and tire IV spells whom sux ass. lvl 70 BP's ar not magic. /goodbye BLM /welcome SMN.
It will likely affect Nether Blast, which is important. And as Fodder said, it affects 2hr pacts as well. Maybe some of the early and little-used damage pacts too if they have an elemental aspect, not that they'll be missed.

Its not that bad of an idea...

It was time SE finally do something against the BLM Army, especially with the Gil sellers: on some server, they got CoP Rings, killed JoL, camping Ulli like crazy, etc...

But yea, depends on how much the nerf will be, if its kind of like RNG nerf, then the game is pretty much dead... About Bahamut v.2, I doubt lots of people care about it, I mean, how many people are actually able to even access the BCNM on Valefor? Between 1 and 5%?

Lylie said:
Its not that bad of an idea...
About Bahamut v.2, I doubt lots of people care about it, I mean, how many people are actually able to even access the BCNM on Valefor? Between 1 and 5%?

enough to make it matter.

Lylie said:
About Bahamut v.2, I doubt lots of people care about it, I mean, how many people are actually able to even access the BCNM on Valefor? Between 1 and 5%?

1-5%? lol. It's not difficult to gain access to the BC. ZMs are easy, at least 80% of endgame players have sea, bahamut #1 is easy. I'd like to think more like 60% or higher.

Fiko said:
1-5%? lol. It's not difficult to gain access to the BC. ZMs are easy, at least 80% of endgame players have sea, bahamut #1 is easy. I'd like to think more like 60% or higher.
But how many players of our server are considered as "Endgame Players"? And by this, I mean the ones willing to join an HNM LS, Sky / Sea, kill the ground Kings, CoP Wyrms, Bahamut #1 and #2, the Earring fight (the new one they just added, can't remember name), etc.?

They sure arent alot able, or even willing to do Bahamut #2. Anyway, my point was that a BLM nerf (for HNMs) is a good thing. And if people can't do Bahamut #2 because of it, it's not something lots of people will cry about.

I smell jealousy in the air, but I do wonder if it changes the BC40...maybe I'll have to do another one? Oh no, whatever will I do? =/

Dworvos said:
I smell jealousy in the air, but I do wonder if it changes the BC40...maybe I'll have to do another one? Oh no, whatever will I do? =/
No, it will probably still be doable.
SE said:
The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

Fiko said:
Fafnir can still be done fine with 2 blms, can kill it with one good one that doesn't die(we fought with just benny as blm if i remember once).

That were a fun fight. So many melee lol @.@; keeping up with all the skillchains was a trip

If you think about most HNM fights though, it's not as much elemental magic as you might have thought at first. KB is just as weak to melee as to elem. magic, it's just a pain to wait for Meteor cast to SA WS him; hogg will be more annoying but could just pile on the SMN (completely TP-free, good damage? don't let SE hear about it, shhhhh) and use 1-2 BLM only. CoP wyrms are much more BP damage than elem magic usually.

Like everyone's mentioned the big exceptions are Ouryu and Baha#2. Yikes. Well Ouryu I'm sure we can make a workable non-manaburn strat if we make a few tries. but Bahamut........ eep. Can an army of SMN kill the summoned wyrms quickly enough? Just change every BLM in the fight to a SMN?

Should be interesting (._.)

-benny

Interesting indeed.

benny said:
That were a fun fight. So many melee lol @.@; keeping up with all the skillchains was a trip

If you think about most HNM fights though, it's not as much elemental magic as you might have thought at first. KB is just as weak to melee as to elem. magic, it's just a pain to wait for Meteor cast to SA WS him; hogg will be more annoying but could just pile on the SMN (completely TP-free, good damage? don't let SE hear about it, shhhhh) and use 1-2 BLM only. CoP wyrms are much more BP damage than elem magic usually.

Like everyone's mentioned the big exceptions are Ouryu and Baha#2. Yikes. Well Ouryu I'm sure we can make a workable non-manaburn strat if we make a few tries. but Bahamut........ eep. Can an army of SMN kill the summoned wyrms quickly enough? Just change every BLM in the fight to a SMN?

Should be interesting (._.)

-benny

Anything that touchs a mob gives it TP. Spells, Melee damage, BP's etc.

lostsoul said:
Anything that touchs a mob gives it TP. Spells, Melee damage, BP's etc.

I've heard in several different places that BPs do not. Poison and other DoT spells that do no initial damage also do not, as I recall. Well, I know Poison doesn't. That's how RDMs used to solo Cassie back in the day when there was no grav resist hehe.

-benny

benny said:
I've heard in several different places that BPs do not. Poison and other DoT spells that do no initial damage also do not, as I recall. Well, I know Poison doesn't. That's how RDMs used to solo Cassie back in the day when there was no grav resist hehe.

-benny
But aren't BP's from avatars aside from II/IV spells, phsycial attacks from the avatar?

lostsoul said:
But aren't BP's from avatars aside from II/IV spells, phsycial attacks from the avatar?

Mmmm, well, they are definitely "physical" and not "magical", but the way I understand it is that it's like a special attack that gives no TP. Maybe we could test it some time ourselves to be sure, I've only heard it secondhand myself. Only thing to keep in mind when we test is that the avatar's normal attacks should definitely give TP.

Oh noes my only HNM outlet of chiblasting is going down the tubes!

I wonder if the cooldown is set for each area (elemental, chiblast, divine etc)

Or if the cooldown is to all of them.

benny said:
Mmmm, well, they are definitely "physical" and not "magical", but the way I understand it is that it's like a special attack that gives no TP. Maybe we could test it some time ourselves to be sure, I've only heard it secondhand myself. Only thing to keep in mind when we test is that the avatar's normal attacks should definitely give TP.

SMN talking: Benny is right

This has been done be4. With a NIN and a low lvl SMN using poison nails. Just like tire II and tire IV spells will hitt u wiht NI. Avtars BPs are a bit diferent then normal spells and skills

Back