Mid-December Update

I think you didn't get it.

There is a difference between claiming a mob, and fighting a mob. Jasmin wanted to increase the strenght of HNMs, so only the strongest LSes would be able to claim, and kill them. Problem is, it still wouldn't change the fact people need to claim BEFORE killing, and with all the botters, in the end, it wouldn't matter.

Benny was talking about HNMs strenght, as in: "Are they hard to kill or not?" and not: "Are they hard to claim or not?"

Imo, HNMs are just fine, with all the merits you can get, all the different strategies you can try, and all the different jobs and gears people can have, with a bit of experience, you can kill anything (with an extend).

Granted claiming a mob and fighting a mob are different but claiming a mob does not guarantee fighting a mob either. You can't help but be frustrated by the current claiming/HNM system. I have only seen a mob pop up unclaimed once. The rest of the time, I see someone die first before finally (after some running around and tons of lag) see whatever HNM King I'm camping. Currently, claiming the mob is the hardest part of any fight. That act itself is super difficult.

I highly disagree, since my first/only niddy fight (2 years ago) I've spent close to 200hrs on niddy camping and never fought once. And If I by chance get lucky enough to one day claim I gotta hope the abj I want drops.

on a 7 day spawn, 120 people have to spend 21 hours just to even look at the mob which most don't even see on there screen till 5 min after it's popped.

So after you've spent 200 hrs without getting claim we'll talk, and I can promise it's not because our lack of skill. Our first faf we killed 20 min with no sleeping, and at least 15 who have never fought it before. This is not ment as flaming but I am for sure frustrated by current king system :(

We began by speaking of the challenge of fighting HNMs, but we can speak to the challenge of claiming them as well^^. Your arguments are missing the point. I wasn't talking about skill in fighting a mob when I spoke of skill in claiming; they have nothing to do with each other. Knowing how to claim well does a LOT for your chances of getting a pop. Now, if you don't understand the best ways to claim, I'm afraid I can't really tell you, but it's not all luck, and despite what people say, it's not all bots. You might take a look at your LS/party chat next time a window for a land god is around and see how many people are actually chatting mid-window, it could surprise you (we used to have big problems with this but not so much any more).

-benny

They should expand KS99 style battlefields... a tough fight with decent loot that you don't have to compete against a billion others with to claim. Then they can work on difficulty and better loot. Just my take on it however, I think it'd ease the pains so many people have towards the game 0=) Then again, you kinda have that with sea gods, since there's a much longer chain to get to AV, but meh... ends dont justify the means :( From what it seems most of the time.

We began by speaking of the challenge of fighting HNMs, but we can speak to the challenge of claiming them as well^^. Your arguments are missing the point. I wasn't talking about skill in fighting a mob when I spoke of skill in claiming; they have nothing to do with each other. Knowing how to claim well does a LOT for your chances of getting a pop. Now, if you don't understand the best ways to claim, I'm afraid I can't really tell you, but it's not all luck, and despite what people say, it's not all bots. You might take a look at your LS/party chat next time a window for a land god is around and see how many people are actually chatting mid-window, it could surprise you (we used to have big problems with this but not so much any more).

-benny

One time when Fafnir popped, it didnt appear on my screen till it was at 50%. The only way people like me are going to claim fafnir is by standing outside the pit and hoping everyone gets flailed.

PS. The current level of HNMs is fine, although there are a few changes I would like to see. The king timer should be cut in half. Darters need to aggro. Also spiders need a wider walking area around say...the pit. thunder Elementals should be level 80 in Behemoth's Dominion, and at aspid, the mobs should be on 5 minute spawn timers. Kirin room should be filled with pots and weapons, all God islands should have elementals on them. Ulli should have perma Flee and his hate reset move should go through shadows and not reset hate. Jailer of Prudence should only be 1 hpemde >.> and Bubbly Bernie should be able to cycle through all the 2 hours and summon water elementals.

Last edited:
One time when Fafnir popped, it didnt appear on my screen till it was at 50%. The only way people like me are going to claim fafnir is by standing outside the pit and hoping everyone gets flailed.

PS. The current level of HNMs is fine, although there are a few changes I would like to see. The king timer should be cut in half. Darters need to aggro. Also spiders need a wider walking area around say...the pit. thunder Elementals should be level 80 in Behemoth's Dominion, and at aspid, the mobs should be on 5 minute spawn timers. Kirin room should be filled with pots and weapons, all God islands should have elementals on them. Ulli should have perma Flee and his hate reset move should go through shadows and not reset hate. Jailer of Prudence should only be 1 hpemde >.> and Bubbly Bernie should be able to cycle through all the 2 hours and summon water elementals.
Ash, you sure you don't secretly work for the CoP developement team? :tounge-3:

Back