Mid-December Update

Archain

Kitteh Paws
1025.jpg

The next version update is schedule for release in mid-December.
In this update, you can look forward to the introduction of a large-scale battle system called "Salvage", access to new areas within the Ruins of Alza'daal, new chocobo raising features, job adjustments, and much, much more!

Further details regarding the content of the version update will be released at a later date.

Does this sound like "TAU-Dynamis" to anyone else?
I don't think so. I remember them talking about some BCNM, where you'd enter with 6 people, and they'd give you auto-refresh, auto-regen, and you'd have to kill as many enemies as possible in 60 seconds or so. Something like The Ashu Talif BCNMs, but without the death factor... lol

Yuriku said:
hahah Maybe it's pun and they are gonna offer more chances for abj in an attempt to Salvage ffxi, since everyone is quitting lately lol. weee!
I'm hoping it's both. They would need to attract non-BLU/COR/PUPs to it somehow. How happy would the server be if they threw TAU relic and land god Abjs in a new instanced battlefield?

I think SE is losing people to WoW in general to instanced battlefield. U get 5 people u enter (no gil needed and no 3 day w8) kill shitt and at the end there is a boss that can drop some AF.

In FF it takes ages to get somthing done and u are in need of help from others if u are going to get anithing done. I love FF and know WoW sux but to be honest there are alot of things FF culd learn from WoW. If Fafnir/hogg was an instanced battlefield boss people wuld avoid all Gilseller shitt and no one wuld cear about them.

And the sad thing is that all the best items still come from the 3 land gods and some sky gods(who are imposible to get a hold of). SE needs to make HNM's alot harder and make it so u need greatly skilled players to bring them down.

And the sad thing is that all the best items still come from the 3 land gods and some sky gods(who are imposible to get a hold of). SE needs to make HNM's alot harder and make it so u need greatly skilled players to bring them down.
Uh, what for? So your LS, and a few others will be the only one able to kill them? That's just too stupid. HNMs are good how they are today, the only problem is claiming them, and with RareEx around, you just can't do anything. Plus, it'd make the game even more unfair, because all the new players trying to kill them, will never manage to, and only the most experienced players, with the best gears will be able to kill them.

SE just needs to ban all sellers, and all the botters. What bothers me is, since they announce their "Strike Team", we didn't have a monthly ban for November. Anyway, whatever SE is trying to do, people are bored of this game, and are leaving the game for PSU, WoW, PS3, Wii, etc.

I actually think the current state of HNM difficulty is pretty good. They made JoL too easy, but how many LS have beaten AV, say? Also I suspect not many LS have beaten Bahamut2. For the rest, you still need a good degree of skill to beat the wyrms, or Proto-Ultima, or Cerberus. Also I understand the TAU gods are quite a challenge; maybe now that they drop items we'll see more LS trying those.

-benny

PS: ppl need to give up hoping for land god abj on other mob. If they failed to give that to us when they had the perfect chance (KS99), they're sure as hell not going to start changing their minds now. Better practice your claiming skillz (and don't try to tell me that there's no skill to it).

I actually think the current state of HNM difficulty is pretty good. They made JoL too easy, but how many LS have beaten AV, say? Also I suspect not many LS have beaten Bahamut2. For the rest, you still need a good degree of skill to beat the wyrms, or Proto-Ultima, or Cerberus. Also I understand the TAU gods are quite a challenge; maybe now that they drop items we'll see more LS trying those.

-benny

PS: ppl need to give up hoping for land god abj on other mob. If they failed to give that to us when they had the perfect chance (KS99), they're sure as hell not going to start changing their minds now. Better practice your claiming skillz (and don't try to tell me that there's no skill to it).

I'm not saying the HNM's arent hard now. And yea it is true about Bahamut 2# It took me soo long to come up with the right PT setup for the fight and to find the right stratergy for us to kill it. I was looking for such a loong time to be abel to form an aliance that can take him down. aprox 2moths of google :weeping01

I'm just saying that same LS geting a HNM evry single time is anoying and I lose intrest in camping becose of it.

Yea there is skill when it comes to claiming, but be honest how many times have u claimd a HNM? I for one have played this game for as long as I can rimember and I think I got Fafnir ones and Turtle 2 times thats bout it, 3 HNMs from 2004-2006 ._. and now I see a same person claiming a HNM almost all the time. (somthing is not right here)

I've claimed a KB, and Aspid, and a few fafnirs. If ever person in the LS managed to claim 3 land gods, we'd be rolling in E bodies - it's not as bleak as it sounds.

-benny

Instanced type mobs need to be done for a chance of any abjuration drop. Its a good way to "supplement" whatever you can/can't get. By having it instanced, you only run the risk of losing. You wouldn't have to compete against gilsellers or any other LS's. And if you win, its just as rewarding.

The inherent problem with the current HNM claim system is that its literally a block. With so many new people at 75, we STILL have those who hit 75 three years ago still hoping to get some drop for their 1st or 2nd jobs. That itself is bad planning.

I actually think the current state of HNM difficulty is pretty good.

I highly disagree, since my first/only niddy fight (2 years ago) I've spent close to 200hrs on niddy camping and never fought once. And If I by chance get lucky enough to one day claim I gotta hope the abj I want drops.

on a 7 day spawn, 120 people have to spend 21 hours just to even look at the mob which most don't even see on there screen till 5 min after it's popped.

So after you've spent 200 hrs without getting claim we'll talk, and I can promise it's not because our lack of skill. Our first faf we killed 20 min with no sleeping, and at least 15 who have never fought it before. This is not ment as flaming but I am for sure frustrated by current king system :(

Last edited:
I highly disagree, since my first/only niddy fight (2 years ago) I've spent close to 200hrs on niddy camping and never fought once. And If I by chance get lucky enough to one day claim I gotta hope the abj I want drops.

on a 7 day spawn, 120 people have to spend 21 hours just to even look at the mob which most don't even see on there screen till 5 min after it's popped.

So after you've spent 200 hrs without getting claim we'll talk, and I can promise it's not because our lack of skill. Our first faf we killed 20 min with no sleeping, and at least 15 who have never fought it before. This is not ment as flaming but I am for sure frustrated by current king system :(
I think you didn't get it.

There is a difference between claiming a mob, and fighting a mob. Jasmin wanted to increase the strenght of HNMs, so only the strongest LSes would be able to claim, and kill them. Problem is, it still wouldn't change the fact people need to claim BEFORE killing, and with all the botters, in the end, it wouldn't matter.

Benny was talking about HNMs strenght, as in: "Are they hard to kill or not?" and not: "Are they hard to claim or not?"

Imo, HNMs are just fine, with all the merits you can get, all the different strategies you can try, and all the different jobs and gears people can have, with a bit of experience, you can kill anything (with an extend).

Imo, HNMs are just fine, with all the merits you can get, all the different strategies you can try, and all the different jobs and gears people can have, with a bit of experience, you can kill anything (with an extend).
HNM's are a joke with all the new merits, plan and simple. You're saying they're just fine but... have you killed them before?

Back