Merit Point Adjustments (5/30/2007)

Aye the PUP merits seem phenomenal... the very low recast timers seem like they will make soloing amazingly more efficient and safe, and the Enmity transfer one combined with the HP exchange one could make for some very interesting possibilities with hate management and possibly (!) tanking.

Merittable to 10 min :-P

Looks like I'll do 3x Fold and 3x Snake Eyes to have both on 10-min timers. That should give me a lot of leeway with Busts and unlucky rolls if you keep in mind that roll cycles are 5-minutes each.

Boots, do you have Quick Draw ACC merited? I saw you hitting Tiamat for a 260+ Earth shot at least once during the last one.

I was gonna go with...

Quick Draw ACC x5
Phantom Roll Recast x5

Snake Eyes x3
Fold x3

Fuck the Random Deal shit, I can only use it once per 20 mins anyway and it could still mess up even if merited. The increased Phantom Roll time doesn't interest me because it wouldn't change my average buff like Fold or Snake Eyes would.

I'd like the ability to take my ass off of a IX roll on something like Evokers or to force Bust that crap so I could get another chance to roll a better one. A +1/tic Refresh is jake when you've got the ability to pop it up to +5/tic under special circumstances. Here's hoping that when the COR 2AF comes out, that the head or body adds +1 effect/tier to your rolls. People get addicted to that +24% DA or crit rate, I want to supply them with the clean version of that drug more often.

Random Deal
Wild Card
Random Deal

There, your shit should be reset, lol.

(btw, if you hadn't noticed, COR makes me very frustrated (impassioned) when I know I could be giving better buffs. The luck thing, while the draw of the job, is also the one thing that beats me down. My THF TH-1 curse carries over nicely to double 6 rolls and unlucky stops.)

Last edited:
I was only lvl 61 arch....still am...no merits, those shots were all me baby.

as for my planned merits, its gonna be QD timer x5 QD acc x5, Snake Eyes x3 then im gonna figure out what that Random Deal thing is before I move further. I dont really wanna merit bust any since I never bust and Snake Eyes will make it so I never Bust +1.

I hope that AF2 comes out with more enhanced QD effect (although the enhanced QD effect on the hat seemed to be only around MAB +3% might have some acc on it but cant tell). Hopefully the Pulling the Strings ENM will finally drop some Corsair's Bullets with the new patch...0/4 on the drop.

Why the PR recast, Arch?

I was planning on the same merit setup, except with QD Recast meritted instead of PR.

And as for Boots, I know he likes ot sub RDM, so I'm sure that helped with those Earth Shots :p

Phantom Roll recast because I get really relaxed on rolls at the tail end of a party, I just wanted something that made the rolls available to me earlier. My whole job revolves around the rolls, so I'd like a smaller window when it comes to downtime. QD recast is nice too, it's just personal preference.

Back