Merit Point Adjustments (5/30/2007)

defiant

FC/Active Member
In the soon-to-be released version update, we plan to introduce "Group 2" abilities for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs. We will also be increasing the maximum limit for point allocation in the "Combat Skills" and "Magic Skills" merit point categories for all jobs.

New Merit Point Category for Blue Mage, Corsair, and Puppetmaster
In the upcoming version update, we will be adding the "Group 2" merit point category for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.
Each of these jobs will gain access to four new job abilities and traits that should prove invaluable in a variety of situations. See the tables below for a description of each ability.
1893_2.jpg

*Convergence will also increase the power of blue magic spells that are originally single target effects.

Maximum Point Allocation for Combat Skills and Magic Skills
The maximum limit for point allocation in the "Combat Skills" and "Magic Skills" merit point categories will be increased for all jobs.

"Combat Skills" maximum total ability increases:
12 > 20

"Magic Skills" maximum total ability increases:
8 > 16

*The maximum limit for each of the abilities within these categories will remain unchanged.

Further adjustments will be announced on the day of the version update.

:tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3:

8 Elemental & Enfeebling Merits finally
:tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3::tounge-3:

Not to mention a nice touch to the increased combat skills area.

Merit Point Adjustments - 5/30/2007

1891.jpg

In the soon-to-be released version update, we plan to introduce "Group 2" abilities for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs. We will also be increasing the maximum limit for point allocation in the "Combat Skills" and "Magic Skills" merit point categories for all jobs.

New Merit Point Category for Blue Mage, Corsair, and Puppetmaster

In the upcoming version update, we will be adding the "Group 2" merit point category for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.
Each of these jobs will gain access to four new job abilities and traits that should prove invaluable in a variety of situations. See the tables below for a description of each ability.

1891_2.jpg

*Convergence will also increase the power of blue magic spells that are originally single target effects.

Maximum Point Allocation for Combat Skills and Magic Skills

The maximum limit for point allocation in the "Combat Skills" and "Magic Skills" merit point categories will be increased for all jobs.

"Combat Skills" maximum total ability increases:
12 > 20

"Magic Skills" maximum total ability increases:
8 > 16

*The maximum limit for each of the abilities within these categories will remain unchanged.

Further adjustments will be announced on the day of the version update.

Link: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1891/detail.html

You guys double posted, merged the two threads. :D

Figures about the merits though, lol. I'm just starting to catch up a a little.... but this means I can merit dagger more in the future.

Hmmm, an extra fully capped weapon and an extra fully capped magic.

Now it's time to start thinking about what to take up, lol.

I like this update already.

Haha while this is a "yay" it's also a "meh" for those who thought they were done meriting =P

That's another 21 merits into Enfeebling and 12 into H2H for me. =)

Diffusion seems nice however now i feel like we will be thrown more and more into a supportish type job which sucks and thats hard considering 6 merits and how nice all the blu merits are

Good you buff while i hastaga (we know thats all people will want refuelinga) then i'll go back to being a DD as i enjoy doing on blu. the added spell points i find really useful as is the tp boost i wonder how much tp boost it gives though.

Edit: i just realized a blu would be bad ass in a blm alliance or hnm scene in a blm pt for the magic boosts also :D. oh the possibilities and strat changes this will enduce hehe

Back