Macro Collection

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Would you guys mind collection and sharing macros for the various jobs?

I've seen a lot of various types of macros, but the information is so scattered and some sites conflict with other sites, so I figured we can put together a thread with our own combination of macros that work.

Most of my macros are Archer/Bard only, but I just started using Gladiator more for tanking in Dungeons. The result: I need better macros. :)

I actually don't use any. But I use a gamepad also. Just can't see any practical use with my play style.

Don't use any either, though i plan on making some later for SMN.

For healing I make extensive use of mouseover macros.

/macroicon "ability name"
/ac "ability name" <mo>
/ac "ability name" <tt> (since I usually have enemies targeted)

With that I don't have to target anyone in the party, I can just put my mouse cursor on their name in the party list. In a pinch it will heal the mob's target. In fact, I can literally one hand heal most dungeons as SCH. I just put another ranged on follow, put the mouse cursor over the tank, Eos on Sic-mode, and press macros when necessary.

I also bundle buffs up into a single macro. I try to order the buff execution according to effect duration. In the case of Bard, where I have at least five different buffs, I break them down into two macros. One for the 120s cooldown buffs (quelling and something) and one for the 80s and 90s buffs.

One last thing is, if you have a multi-button mouse, KEYBIND THOSE UNUSED BUTTONS. I've found I can fire off stuns, vokes (using mouseover for these, too), and finishers faster than anyone else simply because they are so readily available. If you're not doing this, you're bad.

Thanks Furax - that's actually somewhat helpful and I just realized about the <tt> usage.

For Bard, I have abilities stacked in the same manner as you described. I've created a fairly effective rotation with just using 4 basic keys. Other special abilities, I have keyed up for 'oh-crap' situations.

As Fiko mentioned above, it may related to each individual's play style... I prefer macros generally, so I can avoid mistakes.

half the macros I have tried to put in from those sites aren't working so either my half screening to see it and type it over isn't working or there is an easier way to program these darn things. :)
Aangeliceus I am running a Archer/Bard atm so anything I can get from the master is much appreciated by the student. ;)

For my bard (despite people saying there is a slight dps loss) I use two macros with stacked actions. The downside is you have to be a bit spammy with the macros, but I feel like more time is lost moving your finger to separate keys. This also eliminates the possibility of hitting the wrong key and using the wrong ability.

Code:
/macroicon "Straight Shot"
/ac "Straight Shot" <t>
/ac Bloodletter <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
Code:
/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/ac Bloodletter <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>

I also use a macro to trigger my buffs. I still have the individual buffs in a toolbar in case I need to spread them out, but when I am ready to go all out, I just spam the macro until all abilities are triggered. The order of the abilities are longest duration -> shortest duration to allow the most hits during the overlapping uptime. With the macro it takes about 2-3 seconds to trigger all the abilities, and I don't usually use the macro until after I've gotten the critical hit buff from Straight Shot active. Pace your spamming of the macro, or it will trigger abilities out of order. The better your rhythm with Bard, the higher your dps will be.

Code:
/macroicon "Raging Strikes"
/ac "Quelling Strikes" <me>
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/ac "Blood for Blood" <me>
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/ac Barrage <me>

This also eliminates the possibility of hitting the wrong key and using the wrong ability.

Fiko Shadowind uses Shield Wall!

Posting SCH macros for Leon and this seemed like the best place. =)

These are the heal macros that I use on SCH. They make use of a focus target, so you will want to set the main tank as your focus target. It will heal your target if you have one, your tank if you don't have a target, and yourself if you don't have a focus target.

Adloquium

/macroicon Adloquium
/ac "Adloquium" <t>
/ac "Adloquium" <focus>
/ac "Adloquium" <me>
/pac "Embrace" <t>
/pac "Embrace" <focus>
/pac "Embrace" <me>
/wait 2.1
/ac "Rouse" <me>
/ac "Eye for an Eye" <t>
/ac "Eye for an Eye" <focus>
/pac "Fey Glow" <me>

Physick

/macroicon Physick
/pac "Fey Illumination" <me>
/pac "Fey Glow" <me>
/ac "Physick" <t>
/ac "Physick" <focus>
/ac "Physick" <me>
/wait 1
/pac "Embrace" <t>
/pac "Embrace" <focus>
/pac "Embrace" <me>
/wait 1.3
/ac "Eye for an Eye" <t>
/ac "Eye for an Eye" <focus>
/wait 0.5
/ac "Rouse" <me>

Succor

/macroicon Succor
/pac "Fey Illumination" <me>
/pac "Fey Glow" <me>
/ac "Succor"<me>
/wait 0.8
/pac Embrace <t>
/pac Embrace <focus>
/wait 1.5
/ac "Sustain" <me>
/wait 0.6
/pac "Fey Covenant" <me>
/wait 0.7
/pac "Whispering Dawn"<me>
/wait 2
/pac "Embrace" <me>

Hmm How is it tanks seem to run into a room and mark 3 or 4 targets all at once? is that a macro too?

I can switch targets quickly on ps4 by holding L2 or R2 and pressing L1 or R1. It will switch between all monsters targetable. Then I have 1-3 markers shortcutted on my cross bar. Rest of markers I have on different bar for stuff like king mog.

Of course I only use markers these days for low level instances. And king mog so everyone is on the same page.

Oh and diabolos doors

Thank's Yels Elv and Fiko
Leon can't view at the current time so i cut pasted and emailed to him. He's talking to Syx to get the situation resolved. Something about permissions. :p

Furax do you just use windbite and venomous bite between macros or did you eventually macro them in? DGN in Tam HM got very preachy so I am wondering how you handle it since they are apparretnly the "key to speed" and the "key to more blood letter"

The probability of a bloodletter CD refresh rises greatly when you apply windbite/venom to more targets. However, I do not macro them together because they share a GCD, which means there is the possibility that you will end up using Windbite or Venom twice rather than one after the other.

I use a Razor Naga mouse that has number keys 1-12 on it (1234567890-=), so my hotbar is set up with that in mind and it allows me to smoothly progress through my dps rotation. Bard dots also consume 80 TP per application, so TP usage is a serious concern in AOE pulls. We have no mechanic that spreads our dots to nearby targets like SMN, so if you plan on spamming an AOE ability, it's best to just dot your main target, apply your crit buff (straight shot or whatever), and then use your AOE abilities until procs/500 TP > Invigorate.

Back