HAPPY rant!!!

Lexa

Just call me Veronica Mars
OK, in case you somehow missed all my whining about it, I live in a TINY town! We don't have a Burger King, we don't have Dunkin Donuts, we don't have good chinese takeout (there's a single chinese restaurant in town, of questionable quality, that doesn't deliver), and if we want pizza there are pretty much only two options.

Since I started, they've been working on a new cafeteria for the school - nothing horribly exciting, I thought, until I passed it today. The building's almost done, and they've started on the interior final touches.

There is a big Starbucks sign in the window of a little separate section of the building.

WE'RE GETTING A STARBUCKS!!!

I officially forgive this town (a little bit) for sucking so hard, because dangit - we're getting a Starbucks!!!

You clearly do not live in a town this tiny, or you would understand my excitement.

<--- Never drank at a starbucks :/ I have at caribou though :D Hot Apple Cider >> Sex.

starbucks is the evil that closes down good local coffee shops,... you would do better without one

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt91noaf2bg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt91noaf2bg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

guess i fail at youtube posting, dunno why there's html tags in there... but the video shows...

Last edited:
You bitches come live in a town for a year and a half, that has a population of like 5 people off-semesters, and see how you do without coffee. Starbucks coming to Clarion is the greatest thing to ever happen to this area.

Maybe at some point, we'll even get a halfway decent asian place?

Now stop raining all over my fucking parade, when I'm not whining for once.

I hear you, Lexa! When my family moved to Oklahoma, our city didn't even have a McDonald's. When one finally came to town, it was a big deal (for the city anyway; we never went :p). So while I don't like Starbucks, I understand the excitement. ^_^

Then how about internet? Try going a year and a half without that. It's a fitting equivalent.

Not even close. lol Of course I guess it depends on the person/addiction level. :tounge-1:

Edit: Also, Dunkin Donuts > Starbucks! Cheaper and tastes better.

We don't have Dunkin Donuts here, either.

EDIT: Went to Dunkin Donuts's store locator: the closest one to my town is 46.2 miles away. Too far to walk for a morning coffee before an 8am class.

well tell me you have gas stations at least.. you need to move closer to society i'm thinking!

We have one gas station.

EDIT: Nvm, we have 2. I just remembered there is one down by the I-80 exit.

Fuck yeah I have my nice irish coffee every morning before school, and it doesn't cost me $4 a cup.

good beans + your own coffee pot will beat the majority of generic coffee places any day... and is a SHIT LOAD CHEAPER... seriously, look into it... takes like 2mins to get a pot brewing in the AM. and for gods sakes grind your own beans... pre-ground coffee = fail.

Back