Hangovers

Modoja

Orginoo Gun Clappa
A curse or a reminder of how much fun you had? I have a hangover+1 right now and being at work makes me wanna drop kick kittens.

I've only been hungover three times in my life, or so. >.> I just don't get them. D: But ice creams helps with everything! *hands Modoja some*

hair of the dog is the best remedy.

My Norwegian is about to show:

What is hair of the dog? I've heard the expression a lot, but dunno what it means. D:

the full term is 'the hair of the dog that bit you'. ie: in this case, drinking some more alcohol can help dull the effects of a hangover.

My Norwegian is about to show:

What is hair of the dog? I've heard the expression a lot, but dunno what it means. D:

If you're hungover from drinking alcohol, you just start drinking again. That's the jist of it.

That said, after I've had about two drinks, maybe three, if I'm still drinking, it becomes one water per drink and I tend to dodge having a hangover the next morning.

ya, its one of those old terms originating from medieval england somewheres. The expression is actually "The hair of the dog that bit you" I think as a cure for rabies or something.

But ya, it doesnt usually work. Unless you get coughlin's magic hangover cure-all in the movie cocktail. I remember it was red and had raw eggs in it or something.

But ya, it doesnt usually work. Unless you get coughlin's magic hangover cure-all in the movie cocktail. I remember it was red and had raw eggs in it or something.

Ugh. One baseball season as a teen, a coach I knew from a higher tier league suggested I start drinking milk + wheat germ + raw egg... that lasted about a week.

I think i was at the point last night where nothing was gonna save me from a hang over, I woke up this morning covered in the shit that comes out of a fire extinguisher and a mohawk which i have decided to keep hahaha

I think i was at the point last night where nothing was gonna save me from a hang over, I woke up this morning covered in the shit that comes out of a fire extinguisher and a mohawk which i have decided to keep hahaha

Sounds like you had a blast.

If I remember correctly, the hangover is caused by dehydration caused by alcohol being a diuretic (explains the importance of "breaking the seal"). This is why you see so many suggestions to drink water or Gatorade before going to sleep; they help replenish the fluids that you have been loosing throughout the evening. At this point, anything that you can put into your body to rehydrate yourself would be a plus. Try to avoid soft drinks since caffeine is also a mild diuretic.

Pepcid AC + 5 Advil extra strength + bottle of water before bed = What hangover?

Also hair of the dog is a superstition that if you litterally take the hair of the dog that bit you and bandage said wound with hair it would heal faster. joff

I'm one of the lucky ones that never suffers from them, yet.

Never had a "hangover", but I stupidly tried to go shot for shot with a German woman over a fifth of Goldschlager. I vagely remember being carried home, puking my guts out for a few hours, my friends kicking the bathroom door down and taking pictures. I woke up at about 7 a.m. in my bed in the morning with a stream of puke across my pillow and onto the floor. The only bad effect was my eyes were slightly sensitive but I had a glass of water and it went away. Then it was time for bacon and eggs!

Granted I descend from probably 50 generations of raging Scandinavian/Germanic alcoholics, so I guess it doesn't mess with me as bad the next day, but a lot of people swear by drinking a glass of water before going to bed.

Hope you feel better.

i feel your pain today my broham. I had a terrible headache this morning and had a 12 hour shift to follow my 4 hours of sleep. Im pretty sure i even drank a bunch of water.

I'm one of the lucky ones that never suffers from them, yet.

same here.

come to think of it, i don't drink.. at all. My friends generally poke fun of me because I'm part irish and don't drink. "you sorry excuse for an irishman!"

Then I mention I'm scottish. "yeah and scotsmen don't drink??"

Then I mention that I'm norwegian, "and the vikings didn't drink?"

Then I realize all nationalities drink. They're just poking fun of me, lol.

Alas, drinking problems in the family cause me to make what I believe to be a wise decision for myself. It sure is fun watching other people get drunk though :bfg:

Back