FFXI - August Update Information - 8/7/07

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:
In the upcoming version update, we will be adding a new promotion quest to unlock the next mercenary rank, as well as a series of exciting assault missions.

New Mercenary Rank
2164_2.jpg

The mercenary rank of "First Lieutenant" will be awarded to players who survive the grueling trials put forth by the hard-nosed drill sergeant, Rongelouts. Do you have what it takes, maggot?

New Assault Missions

Five new missions await players who have achieved the rank of First Lieutenant.
Here's a sneak preview of what lies in store:

Bloody Rondo

Mission Orders: After years of quietly defying Imperial rule, the recluse Count Dracula has recently begun preparations for an assault on Al Zahbi. Infiltrate the Leujoam Sanctum, locate the count, and slay him before he can execute his plans.
2164_4.jpg

The Susanoo Shuffle

Mission Orders: In an attempt to strengthen their bonds with the Mamool Ja, an eastern nation has provided the beastmen with a new biologically engineered hydra hybrid known as Orochi. You are to infiltrate the training grounds and eliminate the new threat.
2164_5.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/2164/detail.html

Wonder if Orochi is wolfman type mob to go with the Dracula theory

castlevania!!!

-ara

****ing lame.

I am ze count I love to count

one! one star!
two! two stars!
three! three stars!
four! four stars!

to cover how lame I think this is!

ah! ah! ah! ah!

If only there was some supercool way to combine the...omg. IT CAN'T BE!

I SHUDDER TO THINK OF WHAT WOULD COME OF IT, OMFG. MY MIND IS TOO FEEBLE TO GRASP THE CONCEPT! I MUST NOT THINK OF IT LEST I BE DRIVEN INTO A PERPETUAL AWESOMENESS-INDUCED COMA!

MAKE IT STOP, IT IS TOO MUCH.

*sigh* Yay for cheesiness....

I'm sure it's unintentional, but that just means they should have thought about and researched it more. Monster movies aren't the right place to find new mobs; mythological or just plain invented is *much* better.

this is made of fail...
but arch is made of win...
yay arch!!!

-ara

lol unintentional at best...

-ara

Holy crap! I thought Aang was posting some kind of a spoof till I clicked the link... No, I seriously thought this was the first time I'd ever seen Aang's sense of humor. But it's real? Gah!
Wonder if Orochi is wolfman type mob to go with the Dracula theory
Sassy, Orochi in Japanese mythology is an 8 headed snake. So I'd imagine the actual mob will be something along those lines. So it's actually got some nice mythological basis.

Count Dracula on the other hand is someone's poorly executed joke. You know with NMs like Count Bifrons, Baron Vapula, and Marquis Allocen they've been dying to do this for years. Of course naming the mission Bloody Rondo, I think they spent all weekend playing Dracula X. I'm sure someone at the SE office is giggling like a schoolgirl right now.
YOU KNOW WHAT'S COOL?
VAMPIRES!
YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS COOL?
SHOTGUNS ARE FUCKING COOL!
So...vampire with shotgun?
vampire-bl-1.JPG

Sassy, Orochi in Japanese mythology is an 8 headed snake. So I'd imagine the actual mob will be something along those lines. So it's actually got some nice mythological basis.

So... it's only going to have three heads in FFXI because of PS2 limitations, right?

Back