FFXI - August Update Information - 8/14/07

BLM with gear, echos, cookies, Imp. Silver Pieces, and linkpearl = 56/60 already. And I don't even have good dark magic gear, or half the obis, or AF2 pants. In other words I hope like hell there's only one grip needed for BLMs^^;.

-benny

Imp Silver Pieces?! set HP in your hometown, use 300g to warp to whitegate when you need it, and buy Imp Silver Pieces from the mules standing by the warp taru on the offchance you actually need to go to Jeuno.

Agree with Benny!

I had typed a post and then like and idiot, messed it up and lost it.

Anyway, They need 1 stave for BLM or any mage, level 75, all traits of Level 51 staves.... or something that can replace all those staves. That would save some space too.

Anyway, my original post was much better. :(

Fancy Magic Casting Grip

Claustrum: Magic Attack Bonus+20

There!

hopefully there is a grip that gives magic attack bonus and some ranged accuracy.

and hopefully you dont have to be engaged for them to activate.

I can see it now, instead of hearing:

"Whiffffff... ... Whifffff... ... Whifffff..."

we'll hear

"Whiff..Whiff..Whiff..Whiff..Whiff..Whiff.."

Maybe if we throw Soul Voice in the mix he'll take off like a helicopter.

I am still laughing. Hahahahaha I have this picture of Redd doing a whirl around and smack something WS and just disappearing into the sky like high jump on Dragoon. Please someone draw this hahahaha I guess missing 4 times does lose hate :tounge-1:

hopefully you dont have to be engaged for them to activate.

Also, hope they work as shields and not sub-weapons as far as macros are concerned.

a) If it functions as a sub-weapon, you lose your 'grip' everytime you change weapons... thus having to re-equip it everytime... and..

b) Subweapons lag behind main weapons -.- If you have a macro to equip both, you have to have a decent sized wait in between main and sub, even more in lag, as it won't let you put on your sub til it recognizes you main. So, having to put a wait of 3-4 in every macro, or spamming a macro til it processes both 'weapons'. Very annoying on short cast-time spells.

Anyway, They need 1 stave for BLM or any mage, level 75, all traits of Level 51 staves.... or something that can replace all those staves. That would save some space too.
I totally, completely agree. The only mage that can get away with reduced staves is SMN, and then only if they have Bahamut's Staff (not very common). All the others are using the staves from 24 levels previous. Even on WHM I carry 5 around in case I need to enfeeble, and the Bahamut SMN still needs light and dark staves.

The grips aren't going to cure this on their own, but hopefully they can work in conjunction with new staves and help with the problem.

It would definitely be nice if they had weapon specific bonuses attached. I.E. Bahamut's Grip: Bahamut's Staff: Cure Potency +10% MP Recovered While Healing +10. Would simply save SMN with it two inventory slots. Same could be done for many other jobs.

Back