FF Wiki

Well, if it happened in the past, that's fine. I'd be more concerned with things that are occurring because of malicious code he implemented into windower 3.3.
Jotaru said:
...recently he had his wrists slapped for coding in things that would make people toss out items, lock up their games, change their bazaar comments, or otherwise tweak out their game, all into our beloved Windower...
Jot specifically said Taj was doing shit to windower 3.3, that's when I got concerned. If there's nothing going on with windower 3.3, you've lost my interest.

Jot specifically said Taj was doing shit to windower 3.3, that's when I got concerned. If there's nothing going on with windower 3.3, you've lost my interest.

I don't think there is any direct proof of that right now, just a lot of caution after what has been happening to other people. (Gmail, PayPal, Wiki hacks... etc.)

-aa

Where was this posted? This is the only forum I look at, beyond the occasional KI lurking. I remember the force d/c thing, I also remember the test server break-in, but I never heard of anything malicious regarding windower 3.3 until now.

I think they're just saying that given his demonstrated ethical stance, they wouldn't be surprised about anything that might happen regarding Windower, even though there may not be anything currently.

Edit: nvm I just re-read his posts. All the exploits Jot was talking about were independent of Windower, before Taj even became a Windower developer at all. They were just stuff he did privately.

Last edited:
It still speaks to his lack of ethics. In any case, I hope they're vetting his additions before they're incorporated into the Windower. Would be even nicer if it was open source and we could actually check what they're doing, instead of having to take their word that nothing objectionable is in the code.

Nicer still if SE would implement some of the nicest Windower features so that the rest of us could have expanded macros, range finder, etc. :p

I stuck with 3.26 anyway. The Windower developers/community have changed over the last year or so and they keep implementing more and more plug-ins into it that get closer to hacking and botting.

If SE stays true and puts out an official windowed mode with WotG, then I'll probably move to that. I'll miss tparty, recast, expwatch and drawdistance but I'll make it. I just hope they make the resolution customizable and don't have fixed values for it.

Agreed. If you want to use windower, I would stick with 3.26, the last stable release prior to 3.3.

I haven't changed over.

The timestamp plugin is reported to possibly red flag you to GM's who check. Not a fan of that. LightLuggage seems nice, til it passes a Ridill and it gets junked. Silence is about the only thing I'd want, but peace of mind > that.

Stop spreading FUD, jot, you son of a bitch.

Jot specifically said Taj was doing shit to windower 3.3,
Furax > Learn to read, dude.

The only time I directly connected it with Windower 3.3 is... well, when you SAID I did. Go reread my post - I said windower, generalized, that we all use, that he could put malicious code into. He's shown he likes to do that stuff, as Kalia has said, and now he has access to, well, almost all of our PC's via windower. Soo...

I don't like the timestamp plugin anyways. The recast plugin though is a freaking godsend.

That said I probably won't upgrade past 3.3 unless I absolutely have to. Taj is on a "hay guyz look wut I can do" streak right now, and I'd prefer not to possibly jeopardize my account's security because of his..issues.

Meh, I kept a copy of the 3.26 zip file just in case the 3.3 was a flop. I went ahead and reinstalled 3.26, taking out all the plugins that came with 3.3.

Sure, a lot of things were convenient, but hell, Windower is the only real convenience I need.

~Pitlith

Furax > Learn to read, dude.

The only time I directly connected it with Windower 3.3 is... well, when you SAID I did. Go reread my post - I said windower, generalized, that we all use, that he could put malicious code into. He's shown he likes to do that stuff, as Kalia has said, and now he has access to, well, almost all of our PC's via windower. Soo...

Read my quote on this page, fgt
buh, page 6. on THAT page.

Last edited:
I've already stated my opinion on the Wiki thing.

As for Taj, I like when he brings early .dats, but I don't like anything else he does. He has personally tried to hack my account for god knows what reason but thankfully I'm about as computer literate as he is and stopped it before it could happen.

As for windower source, that's easier to get than you might think and there are things even in the old versions that may surprise you, including bots.

And to Kalia, Kalia's always been cool to me and a good friend, and personally if I was you I would sue the fuck out of Taj, what he did was not only an invasion of privacy but a 1st degree federal offense, which entitles you to his honor, dignity, and wompum, and entitles him to a mandatory 15 year sentence in Federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison. The closest thing I could equate it to in legal severity for those unfamiliar is stealing mail from a bank while robbing it of it's money and pissing on the security guard all at the same time.

That's a big "about", dontcha think...? Also, unless you provoked him or sent him PM's asking him how to do stuff, I doubt he would randomly try to "hack" you.

I build computers and program software for extra cash, I also design and manage webpages, install and maintain security databases, etc. I know a lot of shit about computers. Except for Mac. I fucking hate Mac.

As for his random "hack" I pissed him off pretty badly on Alla about a year ago and he threatened to sell my account info. 4 days later I got a phone call from my aunt who is the manager of the bank I use telling me someone was trying to order checks from my account. My FFXi passwords were changed by someone else the same day. If it wasn't Taj after that idk who the hell it was.

And you should know better than anyone I have a knack for computer shit, or do I need to post the pic of me trying to trade you over 300,000,000 gil when I first started fucking around with stuff to refresh your memory. :p

No need to refresh my memory. I just wish it was real T_T lol.

Furax > I worded that poorly. Actually, I wasn't even sure it was in the Windower (the exploits he had) or just something he did outside. However, I do know he does have access to Windower now (works on it, 3.3 included) and could re-insert such things. I didn't mean he put these things I mentioned into 3.3, just that he has done them before, and now works on Windower, including the 3.3 release.

My general rule of thumb is that if you're afraid someone will find out you've done something, well you probably shouldnt' be doing it in the first place.

Crying you invaded my privacy afterwards rarely gets any sympathy form me.

Now I'm not saying Taj is a nice guy, seems a childish dick to me, but I like some of the stuff he's done. A lot of it makes me laugh, some of it I think needs to be done. SE made a habit of not giving a shit about it's hackable game and most of the bots were most used by people who didn't play for fun but to exploit a system. If Taj coudl figure out how to break shit, how it could be exploited, and be enough of a dick about it to make GMs take it up the ladder to Devs, all well and good.

Course he also goes off on trips of what he can do and makes personal vindictive moves against other people. Prosecute him, fine.

If he uses his powers for good instead of evil, give him kudos. He shits on your rug, rap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Personally I like people who question things, and dig deeper if puplic responses don't add up. A lot of shit is amoral and not illegal, or illegal but not high enough of a priority to bother with. Generally in such a case we trust the fourth estate to be nosey fuckheads and bring bad behavior to light. Christ, I doubt there's many people who don't wish the media questioned a bit more of the shit our government regularly tries to feed us.

If someone ducks laws to bring some ugly private shit to public attention, I don't usually mind. Done it myself, often wish more people would. Policing each others behavior often leads to better behavior. On the other hand if someones going after you or someone else for personal reasons, cut'em up.

My general rule of thumb is that if you're afraid someone will find out you've done something, well you probably shouldnt' be doing it in the first place.

Crying you invaded my privacy afterwards rarely gets any sympathy form me.

Now I'm not saying Taj is a nice guy, seems a childish dick to me, but I like some of the stuff he's done. A lot of it makes me laugh, some of it I think needs to be done. SE made a habit of not giving a shit about it's hackable game and most of the bots were most used by people who didn't play for fun but to exploit a system. If Taj coudl figure out how to break shit, how it could be exploited, and be enough of a dick about it to make GMs take it up the ladder to Devs, all well and good.

Course he also goes off on trips of what he can do and makes personal vindictive moves against other people. Prosecute him, fine.

If he uses his powers for good instead of evil, give him kudos. He shits on your rug, rap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Personally I like people who question things, and dig deeper if puplic responses don't add up. A lot of shit is amoral and not illegal, or illegal but not high enough of a priority to bother with. Generally in such a case we trust the fourth estate to be nosey fuckheads and bring bad behavior to light. Christ, I doubt there's many people who don't wish the media questioned a bit more of the shit our government regularly tries to feed us.

If someone ducks laws to bring some ugly private shit to public attention, I don't usually mind. Done it myself, often wish more people would. Policing each others behavior often leads to better behavior. On the other hand if someones going after you or someone else for personal reasons, cut'em up.

<Word.>

Back