FF Wiki

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
I know a lot of people rely on the FF Wiki for in-game information.

As of today, the FFXI Wiki link from our NavBar will be removed.

If you really care to read the drama surrounding what is going on, you can read this.

Wiki was a great resource for the players, by the players. For now, at least, it is back to the original resources that we relied on before.

BG says they are starting a new Wiki, however I do believe it will take some time to rebuild what the original Wiki had.

The address for the BG wiki is here: http://wiki.bluegartrls.com

Thanks,
Aa

Cliffnotes:

1. Wiki Takes Donations from members.
2. Wiki uses donations to further the wiki (hosting fees whatever)
3. Wiki owners sell FF Wiki to Wikia for ~$200,000 in cash and stocks.
4. Wiki Contributors Upset, Obviously.

[The proof is still not 100%, but the puzzle seems to fit together now.]

wow that sucks..

-ara

wait is ffxiclopedia gone? or is it just shamed by BG?

wait is ffxiclopedia gone? or is it just shamed by BG?

My guess, is that it will appear on Wikia after the move. However, we will not link to it nor will I use the Wikia site myself.

I never donated to the FF Wiki, but it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth when something like this happens.

Yes, this is "Just business" in the RL aspect of things, but I feel like they really misled people on their final intentions.

Yeah they were underhanded in that...

I just want info...and if its ffxiclopedia, somepage, killingifrit, or lolalla Ill still use all of them to meet my ends...because the means dont matter! :eek:

Guess it's time to copy/paste all the shit I contributed on their pages for BLU skillchaining to BG. GG greedy whores.

Yeah, it sucks, and its mighty underhanded. Unfortunately, like Faye said, at the end of the day I can just see myself using whatever resource has the best information. Hopefully the BG version is up and well and good soon.

Well Im sure once some more updates and the expansion comes out, the BG wiki will be the place to be for up to date and accurate info.

I dont know...heres what I think

1. They become ultra popular overnight
2. They are jammed with traffic...they need money
3. They have a fundraiser!
4. They squander the money and sell off to wikia anyway...
5. Ultima creaties ffxiultimarulesopedia.xxx
6. ????
7. PROFIT!

Thats how I see it...AA's got a lot to prepare for...

i'm just sad my chocoblog is gone & I have to find a new place for it. The thought of retyping all that content & code makes my head hurt.

I wasn't sure if you guys would take a stance on this since it is related to the wtf-fest thread about Kalia.

As far as ffxiwiki is concerned, I don't imagine that I will be using that particular resource anymore. I really don't like the thought of people profiting off of the contribution of others and it appears that that was exactly what they were looking to do.

It's sad that a community driven site turned out this way, but I'm confident that BGwiki will be up and running soon enough.

Back