EXP Locations.

Stelaereous

Banned
Banned Account
I'm in the process of compiling the FFXI-atlas.com of EXP locations all throughout Vanadiel.

I am dissatisfied with the databases for this that I have stumbled across.

Namely:

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

and
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1096838303937842675&num=40

These obviously don't cover everything.

So I have a task for all of you, if you'd like to help me out, in creating a very ridiculously complete EXP Location database that all of you can use on a regular basis when Bibiki Bay and Crawler's Nest are full.

All I ask from you is that you, is that after an EXP party, you simply remember Stel's post, come here, and post:

(Please keep it in this format, it would really help, I have a massive collection already that I'm working on.)

Level that you can start-Level that you can end(at this camp) (Camp Position) Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Target Mobs (Entrance to Area if Applicable.)
Comment about the camp.

A very good example of this is:

47-52 Quicksand Caves (I-5) Antican/Sand Lizard (Western Altepa Desert J-9 Entrance)

This is a great camp. You can get very high chains here for still being such a low level.

**Notes:

Please try your best not to say "Spiders," where you could have said "Bark Spiders." It'd help out a lot. If not, I can always research it myself and fill in the gaps, but you know, that takes time.

Try to add other camps in the same area with even a very slightly different (Position) as a separate entry if you can, as they will be entered into the database that way.

Anything you have will help, especially the new areas, as they are still very unexplored. If you know of multiple camps at an area, it would help a great deal if you could list the correct (Postion) for those camps as well.

If the camp isn't a very good camp, please add it anyway. What may not have worked for you, could work wonders for someone else. I HATE doing Antlions in Attowha Chasm around 62~ for example. The monsters have high hit points, and it just isn't the fastest exp you could get at that level, but I listed it anyway, because sometimes, that's all you can do.

Don't be afraid to say:

10-13 Valkurm Dunes (J-11) Sand Lizards/Goblin Ambushers&Butchers&Tinkerers

Even the most obvious camps can and probably have been overlooked.

A demo page of what an exp page will look like can be found at

http://www.gr33nlantern.net/exp/index.html

At the moment, of course it is simply an image at the moment of what I've been working on.

Yes, it looks ridiculously similar to http://www.ffxi-atlas.com for a reason. We may be working something out.

In conclusion, I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Last edited:
**UPDATE:

I realize that some EXP locations do not work so well, while others are insane/crazy/zomg 15k an hour spots.

If you want to leave a comment about the camp you're adding, please put it underneath. I have editted the post to include this.

56-60 Wajaom Woodlands (G-8) Lesser Colibri
Very good to burn. Ridiculously weak to piercing damage. Rangers/Thiefs/Dragoons tear them apart. Don't use food on these, they steal it.

(G-8) Bhaflau Thickets

Primary Target: Colibri

Could probably start around 64 or so, and stay until 66ish. The mobs are 71-73. Typical Colibri TP moves. They are squishy and weak to piercing, so don't forget your THFs, RNGs, CORs and DRGs. No aggro in the immediate area, and there are 4 Colibri spawns at that particular area that of course respawn very fast, but can support one party only. There are an additional two Colibri in the west tunnel that you would be camping in, but they may be grabbed by parties camping in the Eruca area to the NW. Kill those first then pull in the other four.

~

Very good solo/duo BST camp. Use Red Kissers from the pond (there are three of them) to take out the four Colibri. Can start at 67 (leeches are 67-69). At lower levels make sure to convert the three leeches to Even Match and only release your pets in the pond so they don't despawn. One EM leech can take out a VT Colibri with your help, but it can be tight at 67, so bring pet food if the bird wants to spam Pecking Fury. Don't bother using Sic... the Colibri spam the TP down move and an AOE attack that hits a Marid is not worth it. Easy chain #3-#4s for nearly 500xp each mob (with ring) solo at 67, with xp dropping off at 71, around 115-200xp per kill. This camp can only realistically support one BST or one xp party, and being amazing xp is highly camped by parties and BST alike. If you camp here, take /anon off and put the camp in your /seacom, and hopefully people won't camp on you.

:p Kupkup fails at reading the first post.

56-59 Cape Terrigan (I-9) Robber Crab, Terror Pugil, Velociraptor
Bring a White Mage. Breath moves from the Velociraptor and Terror Pugil eat Curagas. The Velociraptor use Disease, which requires Viruna to remove. The Crabs use Strength Down, and Erase is handy for damage dealers and Ninja tanks.
Can support two parties.

{Hmmm.}

Like you, I pretty much stumbled across this place when I was referred here.

I have to say, I am a little bit miffed about what you said about Campsitarus. I'll be the first to admit that it's not perfect, but given my lack of expertise in anything involving a website, the blogger format proved to be nicely convenient. Looking at your proposed layout, I have to say I'm quite /jealous. ^^ That being said, I put a _lot_ of work into Campsitarus as it stands, so I'm curious as to what's wrong, at least when it comes to the actual data. That being said, I'm of course interested in what you'd do to make it better, and whether your ideas are feasible.

You've said that you are unsatisfied with Campsitarus, but might I know why exactly? From the looks of it, you feel it isn't exhaustive enough, and yes, it isn't. I've deleted several listings just because I felt the place didn't make a suitable camp for one reason or another, not to mention going down and trying them myself.

That last point is important. At some point, you need to put in some moderation in there, or "QA" if you will. Take Flamingos in Ru'Aun for example. Higher level players say they leave the place by 63, while some guides tell you to stay there until 68. If you list 60-68, you risk killing off people who are ill-equipped for mobs that are too hard for them, or annoying people who find the place too simple. At some point, you'll have to step in yourself and say _this_ is our recommended level range.

Anyway, some critique which you may want to consider:

Some other observations:
" 47-52 Quicksand Caves (I-5) Antican/Sand Lizard (Western Altepa Desert J-9 Entrance)
This is a great camp. You can get very high chains here for still being such a low level."
* I have to say that your last entry regarding Cape Terrigan was a lot more informative than this. You don't mention the need for Echo Drops against Antica, or a White Mage should you take on Lizards. Saying the camp is great is rather subjective, without more to back it up. What is a "very high chain"? People may come in thinking "normal" is #5, so unless you mean "Chain #10+" by high, you risk getting misunderstood here by more experienced players.

* On your proposed layout, the first thing I noticed was that it looked better than mine. >_< (I can't believe I didn't think to label the campsites by number. -_-)

Anyway, the next thing I noticed is that you chose to omit mob details. From my side, the driving reason behind my making Campsitarus was, as a BLM, I found myself constantly looking up mob weaknesses, even if just to double check them, and I found it a hassle to go through all the various resources out there to do this. I wanted all the information I wanted in one place.

Of course, the next logical step would be to include behavioural patterns (since there _are_ anormalies), and from there, extra information about weapon resistances/weaknesses. I don't know if you want to find a way to incorporate this, but I'm just saying that this was one of the driving proponents as to why I made Campsitarus in the first place.

* What about a camp's effectiveness as levels increase? This is very noticeable in the ToAU areas, where you wouldn't mind a BLM in the party at say, a Lesser Colibri camp around level 53. However, if you're chaining them at level 59 or so, you want a TP-burn setup, and want to eschew the BLMs. However, if you put 53-59, again, things can get misinterpreted.

* No offense to Nekio, but general consensus (at least on Odin) has Colibri camps around 60-63 for regular setups, with 64-66 more akin to TP burn setups. However, an important piece of info is missing- that unlike Lesser Colibris, Colibris will reflect all magic cast on them, hence you may want to reconsider bringing a BLM.

Seeing as how you're looking to create a "very ridiculously complete" collection of campsites, Ayrlie has a very large collection of campsites around Vana'diel, which I use from time to time when looking for inspiration as to where I can drag my unsuspecting party to next.

http://www.kharvey.com/ffxi/xp/

However, I find the level ranges to be very rough, which is where I take it and actually go and try them out myself.

In any case, good luck on the project!

-Tuufless

61-64 Aydeewa Subterrane. Crawlers, Flytraps, Qiqirn, Diremites. Obviously need dispel via brd, rdm, blu for the crawlers. There are two really nice camps I am aware of, enter at I-6 from Wajaom Woodlands. Camp 1 is the center of K-7. Pull Crawlers/Flytraps until the cows come home. Camp 2 is the tunnel at J-8 leading into the room at J-9. Camp 2 is really better for those closer to 63-64 as the diremites are in the room. The primary mobs here are crawlers and diremites, with some flytraps available to keep chains going should you be chaining quickly, as well as Qiqirn in the I-8 tunnel. Word of warning on the Qiqirn, they are RNG/THF type here, and like to run away to get friends sometimes, which can break the chain as a result of chasing them down. I'd recommend a nice distortion SC if you are bringing a blm. We tried a Detonation combo once (WAR+THF) and AeroIII/AerogaII didn't come close to the yummy BlizzagaII MB we had on prior occasions. I prefer this camp over Flams in sky at this level for short parties because it is quick to get to (5 min or so) and there is no zone flagging so anyone can get to it so long as they have access to the expansion zones. For long TP burn parties I'd still opt for sky flams at this level as you don't need dispel so you can easily get away with a COR when all the BRDs are taken and merrily chain away.

Last edited:
Lol. Tuufless, I started this three days ago.

Nuff said.

My only complaint about your's is that it wasn't exhaustive enough, and that in some places, it was ridiculously crowded with text. (take stygian pugils for example.) I don't want to tell poeple how to get to camp. I want them to use FFXI-atlas for that.

I'm not criticizing your work, I'm just simply trying to explain that my vision is different than your's.

Also, my Original Post was of course very un-detailed. It was just a simple example that I wanted people to follow. I'd personally rather fine-tune the database myself from my own knowledge (where you'd really need a whm, and where one of my respondants can't tell a viruna from a cursna).

I like your site, and I use it alot when looking for camps. It's just not as complete of a database of campsites as I would like to personally be using. It is also just a little too cluttered for my personal taste. I think you've done a great job however as it stands, and understand the comments you made.

Also, thank you for the compliments on the layout.

66-68 Den of Rancor (H-8) Stygian Pugil, Doom Toad
Ninja Tank Recommended. Possible to chain Doom Toads in for 500~ EXP on a Chain Six with a Bard/Ninja Burn-type setup. Stygian Pugil do AoE water and STR Down occasionally. Erase for DD is helpful. Do not link. Aggro sound. Don't pull with yellow HP.

Stelaereous said:
66-68 Den of Rancor (H-8) Stygian Pugil, Doom Toad
Ninja Tank Recommended. Possible to chain Doom Toads in for 500~ EXP on a Chain Six with a Bard/Ninja Burn-type setup. Stygian Pugil do AoE water and STR Down occasionally. Erase for DD is helpful. Do not link. Aggro sound. Don't pull with yellow HP.

lol.

make sure your rdms bot isn't broken before going there :halo:

doomtoads = diseased and vit down too :p

68-75 Caedarva Mire (J-8) AND (K-8) Heraldic Imp, Spongilla Fly, Jnun.
Very fast repops. Excellent for 73-75 burn parties. Most monsters check T-VT at this level. 68-72 parties can burn here fairly well also, gaining some awesome EXP. Make sure to bring Echo Drops for mages for the Imp Silence AoE, and a WHM to cure various ailments from all three mobs.

69-71 Dragon's Aery (F-9) Bark Tarantula, Darter
Bring a whm and a /whm. Slow is killer. Poisona is very nice as well. This will be slow exp without a good set of mages. Don't try to burn here. Possible links if you don't kill fast enough in the tunnels. Not the best spot for this level, but doable. Sickle Slash hurts a lot.

Last edited:
72-75 Mount Zhayolm. Hilltroll Ranger/Paladin/Red Mage/Dark Knight/Monk Puppetmaster. (I-8)
On top of the Castle-style walls, you can run some ridiculous burn parties. Ninja tanks are reccommended, and of course, a dispel for Diamondhide. These have higher defense than most burn party targets, but they in turn, give a lot more exp.

Stelaereous said:
Ninja tanks are reccommended, and of course, a dispel for Diamondhide. =.

Diamondhide isn't dispellable is it? In all the burn parties I've been in, whether with BRD / RDM or both, I've seen them attempt to dispel it and they get the "(Name's) dispel has no effect on the (mob)<T>"

And yeah, that's before we wear it off with melee attacks.

Back