End of the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
I had originally planned to close this site at the end of the year.

Given the latest turn of events, I will be closing the site at the end of the month.

Please copy what you need from the forums. The Private Message system and 1 public area of the forum will continue to run until 12/31/09.

If you wish to take control of the site, please contact me privately and I'll discuss those terms with you. I had already laid out terms in the sack forum.

Thanks to all current & past Ultima members for a great experience over the years.

Thanks for running the backbone for all of this time. Was such a nice forum that I would rather wake up and read the posts here than the New York Times.

-Omar

Yeah, thank you for continually keeping the site maintained at your own cost and letting us congregate here over the years. I can only imagine the shit you've had to go through to keep everyone happy and keep things in line and constantly maintaining things, so really, thank you.

You've done so much for us behind the scenes Aang. Can't thank you enough for all the hard work and for keeping us centered here with the forums. You're the best! ;)

UltimaLS.com has been my homepage for so many years. I'm going to miss it.

Thanks so much Aa for everything that you've done to keep the site up and running over the years.

Thanks for the comments, I do appreciate it.

I need to clarify a few things real quick:

1) I retain ownership of the UltimaLS.com domain name. I will point it to wherever the new operator's host server is.

2) The forum database is not for sale or for trade. This is a change from the original term.

3) User domains will not be affected. (i.e. sassafras.ultimals.com will continue to work)

4) The Google app system will be closed on 12/31/09.

5) Registration on the current forums is suspended until final closure on 12/31/09.

6) Existing data will not be deleted. If you need something after 7/31/09, please contact me via PM or email.

I think that is all for now...

Aang, thanks for everything buddy. What you have provided for us over the many many years means more than most can imagine.

As has already been said before, thank you for everything you've done Aa. Your care for this site has been the backbone of keeping Ultima going this long. I'm going to miss clicking the little blue icon in my favorites every morning :p

Thanks, Aang, for all you've done with the forums and in-game as well.

Definitely going to throw in my 2 cents here as well. I'm glad to have shared the forums that you have provided. The monetary and also the actual support for the site has enabled us to all increase our enjoyment of the game thus far. You did an awesome job at it and really appreciate it. Maybe you can now double the number of accounts that you have with the extra money :p What was it... like 100?

Everyone, I do appreciate the comments in both private and public. It means a lot...

One other thing that I'd like to clear out is that I had already planned to quit running the site and had posted a plan to shut the site down or hand it over under certain terms.

The latest drama/incident, while I was not directly involved, left me feeling dirty and embarrassed that it was happening. Suddenly, Ultima was a stranger who was touching me in those special places... Thus bringing out the decision to shut it down more quickly.

There are not many of you left from the original Ultima days, but those that still remain are close to my heart. I don't regret for a minute for bringing out the events that been played out over the last 48 hours. I'm usually a reserved and quiet person, but lines were crossed and people I consider my friends were hurt.

More to come later...

Oops just found this post after I sent you a pm Aang.. but as everybody already said.. I too appreciate what you've done for this site.. it was definitely home for me and I will miss it. I hope we continue to stay in contact.. as well as everybody else.

Thanks so much for everything over the years Steve. Hopefully I'll see you again next spring, I'm really hoping to make it back over your way.

-benny

Thank you for the Hello Kitty background. Thank you for all the cute smiley faces. Thank you for being awesome. Thank you for taking care of the website. Thank you for not letting Dan buy me some stupid present from Japan.

Hope to see you when the new FF comes out!

Aa I can't thank you enough for running this site. I have been busy in RL but could come here and keep up with some of my friends. Thanks for making that happen :icecream:

Keep in touch!!!

Elvie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back