DRG pwning Ridill WAR :D

People logged on get priority on invites =p

pwned

Right, because I went for parties so often... wait no I didn't. I have been taking care of a great many things including family issues. Do I miss the game? a little. Enough to drop everything irl to return? not yet. Keep training thief :p

To clear some things up...
It's 25% bonus, not 50% as Archain said.
I have NQ Mezraq, not +1.

. and how about drg vs ridill war vs trolls...
fds.jpg

... Worse warrior, harder target....

Edit: Holy crap how did this get to 3 pages.

Last edited:
Hell, I was just talking out my ass. What the hell do I know about melee damage bonuses and shit. Well, I'm convinced. Let's kick redd and get this dude.

-benny

PS: Try DVSParse. Also, 66% acc for that war? What was he eating, blind potions?

It's 25% bonus, not 50% as Archain said.

Gotta check my post again, I said 25%, lol. It's still a piercing bonus advantage though. Most of the damage comes through regular melee strikes, check the DRG one too. You'll see an average piercing (THF) strike with something closer to what a WAR would swing at the camp, but done at a higher speed (and if the WAR is acting as a tank it will skew his numbers downward).

Ping.JPG

Ping2.JPG

The better the tank job, the easier it is for others to keep food and TP.

Top WAR/NIN doesn't have E Body, the bottom one does. The songs are slightly different as was the enemy composition (top one has Mamools when birds ran out).

SA+3xDMG proc
Sig%20-%20G%20Colibri%20Crit.JPG

SA+TA+AC+MS+Offhand Tiple+Dia II
Sig%20-%20G%20Colibri%20Peak%202.JPG

You can tell which enemies have a weakness to piercing.

Sig%20-%20Critsig.JPG

While I'm on the subject, I'll post a few more that have nothing to do with the main topic anymore, lol.

Old school pre-Relic shots of a food compare on Trolls.

Food%20compare.JPG

I've got your THF/NIN and THF/WAR comparison too. THF/WAR works for WS up to Evisceration, but once you've got MS, it's better to use THF/NIN both for survivability and the chance of an offhand triple attack (and +5ACC from Balu Dolch offhand). The amount of swings you can land and the fact that you can brush off slow, eat a few shots, and SA+WS without worry support subbing /NIN after Mercy Stroke.

I was THF/WAR in this parse and noticed a TP building problem. I can't say it was too bad though, it still was one of the only parties that went over triple digit chains on neutral enemies, lol.

THF/NIN and THF/WAR comparison

It's a horribly far cry from the lack of merits or food choices we were given back in 2004. Check out the ACC we used to put up with back then, lol. You can also see RNG power from back then too.

THF/NIN, Meat Mithkabobs and 0 Merits, 11/2004

Sorry for veering off topic, when I looked at some old parses I kinda got carried away, lol.

That just floors me, 3k MS's, regardless of mob. And you avg. ws being 1680 @_@ JFC.

Can't wait til they add the supposed "advantages to using 2H weapons" that they keep promising... an offhand that adds stats, or other forms of added bonuses in the way Hasso/Seigan works. /SAM seems to work pretty amazingly now already, would be awesome to see it as another top-of-the-line subjob as /WAR and /NIN are now. Always kinda bugged me with all the different jobs in the game there's very few any good subbed... /SMN just for autorefresh of 1/tick, /PUP for the lolz, /DRG pre-30, etc. Seems pretty limited, hope they add some stuff to make them more viable. Too bad my SAM can't sub SAM though :C

That just floors me, 3k MS's, regardless of mob. And you avg. ws being 1680 @_@ JFC.

Yea I partied on colibri tonight for the first time in a while, and I think my average WS was 1500ish or so. It's really not a fair comparison though, SATAing a 1-hit WS that has a 3.0 fTP modifier is pretty broken.

i'm sorry, but jesus bloody christ on a CROSS go do something else than this archain, whoever you are. WHO THE FUCK

Yea I partied on colibri tonight for the first time in a while, and I think my average WS was 1500ish or so. It's really not a fair comparison though, SATAing a 1-hit WS that has a 3.0 fTP modifier is pretty broken.

That's what floors me =p Its so broken, its awesome.

Another thing that makes it a little unfair lies in the way that weapon skills work.

Say a mob has 1 HP left and you use a 5 hit WS. The first hit will kill the mob, therefore the last 4 hits won't even be calculated. You can see this in your TP return. Likewise, your offhand (6th hit in this example) won't land either. So in essence you're only going to see 1/6th of the damage from your WS in that case, and in fact the chat log will reflect this.

In the case of Mercy Stroke though, it's only 1 hit. That means even if the mob has 1 HP left, you're giong to see full damage in the log, whether that be 1000 or 3000. It only really starts to skew the results if someone is frequently using their weaponskills when the mob is really low HP, but in most cases people aren't using WSs when the mob has low HP so it won't skew the results that much. It's something to keep an eye out for though if you're losing the parse really bad, because it means that a lot of damage that has been added in to that player's parse is "fake" damage.

I always wondered why a steel cyclone on a mob with like, 5% hp would show tons of damage yet a rampage at that % life would make me look like i was using a friggen brass axe

I always wondered why a steel cyclone on a mob with like, 5% hp would show tons of damage yet a rampage at that % life would make me look like i was using a friggen brass axe

I just chalked it up to you being a piece of SHIT. But that does make sense.

Back