Corsair - Quick Draw Testing (Bolster Effect?)

i think light and dark shot's got reduced to only sleeping and dispelling i don't believe they still carry thier original debuff enhancement.

WHere did you find that wind shot helps with acid bolts. I thought it was mainly for increasing duration of gravity and silence.

I'll give numbers for all of this. The Light and Dark shots will still perform their bolster role on Bio and Dia. I'll do a reverification and try to find someone with Dia III to provide the 15% to 20% numbers when QD'd so you can see it concrete instead of by statements.

Wind Shot doesn't seem to do anything for gravity as far as movement speed is concerned.

Wind Shot does enhance the DEF down effect of weapons that have that as the added effect, like acid bolts. --Klades 10:11, 10 July 2006 (PDT)

Source = http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Talk:Quick_Draw

Dec. 19 said:
Corsair Adjustments

Rapid Shot
“Rapid Shot” has been added to the corsair’s job traits.

Quick Draw Accuracy
A corsair’s AGI will now affect the accuracy of Quick Draw. This will make it possible to improve the accuracy of Quick Draw by increasing the relevant attributes.

Quick Draw Recast Time
The recast time for Quick Draw will be reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
In accordance with this change, the Group 1 merit point ability Quick Draw Recast will now reduce recast time by 2 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Light Shot and Dark Shot
Light Shot and Dark Shot will be changed to have the following enfeebling effects instead of inflicting damage:

Light Shot: Sleep
Dark Shot: Dispel

*The Quick Draw additional effect of increasing the potency of enfeebling effects will remain unchanged.

Taken from Dec 19, 2006 Update details.

Source = http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20061219WH3cX1/detail.html

The only thing that was changed about Light and Dark shot was the fact that it now inflicts a status effect on those two instead of doing damage. Shooting a Light Shot at a Dia'd target won't sleep it anyway, but the extra 5% DEF down is kicking in.

Dark and Light Shot won't wake enemies anymore, so you could shoot either QD into it's appropriate sleep method.

Now that there are mutliple fully levelled BLUs on the server, I can actually test some of the Blue Magic enfeebles with QD added as well.

Last edited:
then i need an updated list of which Shots effect what. I got a list around the first time Corsair just came out so there's a good chance its wrong. If you know of one let me know.

Back